• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Successful Section 75 CCA Claim (Who now owns goods)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful Section 75 CCA Claim (Who now owns goods)

We had a solar PV system installed on the 6th December 11taking advantage of the governments 43p feed-in tariff which was guaranteed for25 years before it’s reduction to 21p after 12 December 2011. From day one the system never worked evenafter five visits from service engineers and the final straw was we found thesystem installed was of a lower specification to that by which we were quotedand paid. Our supplier recognised thisand offered partial reimbursement of money rather than the full amount we wereentitled too.
    Rather than continuing the dispute by which we appeared tobe getting nowhere we involved the credit card company in April 12 and havebeen successful in our claim under section 75 of the credit consumer actclaiming the full amount even though 40% was paid by credit card and theremainder via a bank transfer. The bank statethey take no responsibility for the disposal of the system and will be taking legalactions against our supplier\installer. We suspect the supplier\installer will eventually settle this amount andthen wish to retrieve the solar PV panels off our roof and the inverter withinour property. We have lost outfinancially since the installation and will continue to do so over the next 25years, because if the system is decommissioned and we decide to re-instate anew one by others the government will only pay the reduced 21p kWp over thenext 25 years. Our question is who doesthe equipment now belong too as ideally we would like an independent contractorin to attempt repairs? Can we charge forroof rental as this company have broken the contract with us. We wish to make this as difficult as possiblefor them to retrieve any equipment if indeed they are entitled to it? The service has been nothing short ofappauling. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Tags: None

Re: Successful Section 75 CCA Claim (Who now owns goods)

Do you have a legal expenses insurance or a legal helpline connected to this credit card ? If so you could use the helpline or try to get professional advice via the insurance - poeple often overlook this type of cover. It would be worth getting professional help if you can, Watsons have handled s 75 CCA claims and sometimes work no win no fee.

Comment

I'm not sure of the case with solar panels. But when a conservatory or windows are attached to a house they become the property of the hopouse owner .

Comment

Thank you for this it is an avenue I had not thought to have gone down and would have overlooked. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I'll look into it and update you. Once again thanks for this. Hope I have posted this correctly as I'm a new user and am not really sure what I'm doing.
        Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
        Do you have a legal expenses insurance or a legal helpline connected to this credit card ? If so you could use the helpline or try to get professional advice via the insurance - poeple often overlook this type of cover. It would be worth getting professional help if you can, Watsons have handled s 75 CCA claims and sometimes work no win no fee.

Comment

Thanks for this I'll look into it and see what I come up with. Cheers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X