• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Westcot / Rockwell/ Arrow Global help plse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westcot / Rockwell/ Arrow Global help plse

Errrm Ok Clever CLogs, Thankyou !! So do I assume I am writing a plain and simple Foxtrot Oscar letter ? I was thinking there maybe should have been some form of legal type jargon I should include ?:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

No - do as Labman suggested.

It might also be fun and/or profitable to request a copy of the original agreement, per section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - link. As the original creditor was the Morons Bank of North America, the chances are that they cannot or will not comply.

Comment

Thankyou !!I have already done as Labman suggested in my letter to them back in June and yesterdays letter from them was in repsonse to this. I didnt wnt to enter into too much communication with Rockwell until the Westcot situation was resolved, but maybe then I should ask Rockwell for a copy of the original agreement as you suggest. I havent ever actually asked Westcot for that, I just started paying them as MBNA told me it had been passed to them. I am still quite new to all this as you may have guesed so still learning the ropes and correct way to handle things ! Thankyou for your help .

Comment

Back again. I have heard nothing from anyone and consequetly paid nothing on this debt since July 2012. Arrow, Westoctt adn Rockwell have all gone qiuet. Should I do the same ? Sit tight and wait for them to get in touch with me ? I am slightly nervous about doing this, but I wouldnt know who to pay anyway !

Does anyone have any thoughts on my next move please ?

Comment

Put the kettle on...:whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by JammyDodger41 View Post
              Back again. I have heard nothing from anyone and consequetly paid nothing on this debt since July 2012.
              The Statute Barred clock is ticking! :clock:
              Arrow, Westoctt adn Rockwell have all gone qiuet. Should I do the same ? Sit tight and wait for them to get in touch with me ? I am slightly nervous about doing this, but I wouldnt know who to pay anyway !

Does anyone have any thoughts on my next move please ?
              Chances are, the account is being passed to another DCA. No point in doing anything till you hear from someone. Let sleeping dogs lie...

...I haven't heard a peep from anyone for a year now! :clock::clock::clock:

Comment

So just sit back and wait............ ?

Comment

Thankyou Flaming Parrot, I was jsut a bit concerned if another DCA got involved I would be in even more of a pickle, not knowing where or who had the debt.

Comment

You seem to be new to this and have no idea what you're dealing with!

Last year I had 3 DCAs chasing me over a small electricity bill that I settled in 2011, including the one I settled the bill with. These people are hopeless muppets who will do anything if they think there's a chance of easy money. They thrive on threats and rely on people being afraid of them.

Comment

So just sit back and wait............ ?
                      That's exactly what I've been doing… not heard from anyone for a year!
                      Thankyou Flaming Parrot, I was jsut a bit concerned if another DCA got involved I would be in even more of a pickle, not knowing where or who had the debt.
                      Debts get passed round DCAs until they gets sold. You'll know who's chasing it when you hear from them. When a debt is sold rather than just farmed out for collection you will get a notice of assignment (NoA). You cross that bridge when you come to it. :amen:

Comment

You are right I am fairly new to this. About a year old. We are on a DMP , have been since Jan 2011. All debts have been dafualted and some have gone to various DCAs. I do get confused as to which are collection companies rather than DCA's. The original Credit card companies always tell me the debts have been sold when in some cases I dont believe they have.

My reason for asking re the Westcot, Arrow , Rockwell situation is that we are committed to paying the debts and having paid nothing since July last year I was unsure of what was going on really. I dont think I have had Deeds of Assignemnt. I had a letter from MBNA to say debt being passed to Arrow and one from Arrow to say Westcot dealing with it on their behalf. After that it was just letters from Rockwell. Coudl there be more than one company chasing the same debt ?

I am not feeling scared or threatened , I know what I am dealing with enough for it not to worry me, but I would like to know who has the debt if its not MBNA . if you think I should sit back and wait then thats what I will do !!! You are all far more knowledgeable than me so I will go with your advice which is much appreciated.

It is all a bit confiusing though !

Thankyou so much.....

Comment

Just to clarify, DCAs both buy old debts as their own, and they can act as a collecting agent on behalf of the creditor. These people are chancers looking for an easy buck, so its quite possible to have more than one chasing you at the same time. Some debt collectors such as Mercers (Barclays) and Metropolitan (HSBC) portray themselves as DCAs, but are actually sections of those banks. It is always important to clarify who actually owns the account before you make any agreement on repayment.

The process of Assignment is a legal one where the owner of the debt sells it to someone else when you have broken the terms of the original agreement it has therefore been terminated. The process requires the owner to write you a formal letter called a Notice of Assignment, which informs you that the account has been sold. Unless that process has been done correctly, there is doubt about the legitimacy of the DCA to claim ownership. It is common practice for DCAs to produce these themselves on the banks' headed paper and send them together with their own letter to say they bought it. I have one case where Cabot did this and the two letters clearly came off the same printer on the same day. In another case I helped with, Cabot sent a NoA supposedly from the bank, but used the wrong signature for a different bank. These are just examples of tricks that DCAs use to deceive people and they operate deception on an industrial scale because they are ineffectively regulated and know that they can easily get away with it.

Comment

You are right I am fairly new to this. About a year old. We are on a DMP , have been since Jan 2011. All debts have been dafualted and some have gone to various DCAs. I do get confused as to which are collection companies rather than DCA's.
                            Most DCAs perform both functions: they act as collection agencies acting for the OC but also as debt purchasers.
                            The original Credit card companies always tell me the debts have been sold when in some cases I dont believe they have.
                            When a debt has been sold you should receive a Notice of Assignment, see this post ---> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...993#post280993
                            My reason for asking re the Westcot, Arrow , Rockwell situation is that we are committed to paying the debts and having paid nothing since July last year I was unsure of what was going on really. I dont think I have had Deeds of Assignemnt. I had a letter from MBNA to say debt being passed to Arrow and one from Arrow to say Westcot dealing with it on their behalf. After that it was just letters from Rockwell. Coudl there be more than one company chasing the same debt ?
                            Have you not received a Notice of Assignment? Because last year MBNA sold almost all their outstanding accounts to Arrow, so it's very likely your would also have been sold rather than just given to them for collection, I believe Arrow are debt purchasers rather than collections agents ---> http://www.arrowglobal.net/services/...solutions.aspx

Things can get a bit confusing because debt purchasers also outsource collection activities to other DCAs like Wescot and Rockwell, who would be chasing on their behalf.
                            I am not feeling scared or threatened , I know what I am dealing with enough for it not to worry me, but I would like to know who has the debt if its not MBNA . if you think I should sit back and wait then thats what I will do !!! You are all far more knowledgeable than me so I will go with your advice which is much appreciated.
                            I would say this is the best thing to do for now, why rock the boat? If you ever hear from Arrow or anyone again, then it would be wise to send a CCA request as noted here :thumb: ---> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...765#post311765

Comment

Great Thankyou both. I had assumed that Arrow were using Westcot sa the collection agents but when WEstcot then claimed they ahden't received my payments is when it got more confusing. we had two other MBNA debts last year, they were both sold to Activa which are who we make repayments to, and a Capital One debt is with Fredricksons. Does that all sound pretty much par for the course?

Comment

If you haven't done so already I suggest you check your credit file and that should tell you who is the registered owner of each account. That doesn't necessarily mean that the Assignment process was correctly done, but it usually means that the stated owner is recognised as such by the original one (if different), as they have assumed the rights as Data Controller. That will give you some clarity on the ownership.

You can download your credit file for a £2 fee online with Experian - see link at their homepage here
                                http://www.experian.co.uk/

The other thing that is always useful is to send SAR to each of the original creditors, so you are fore-armed about all the personal data they hold on you. If they have assigned a debt then the SAR should reveal the Notice of Assignment as well as any copies of the agreement they hold and charges applied. Cost is £10 to each firm, but always money well spent and if you had 2 with MBNA give both numbers and they are required to supply everything within the £10 fee.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X