Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PPI claim company taking me to court for fees.

• Display

Site Owner

Mentions
    143 Post(s)

Default Re: PPI company taking me to court for fees.

If you could get them photocopied you can post them to us.

I like your pin shot
    I keep it with your letter
    Done up in blueprint blue
    It sure looks good on you
    And when you smile for the camera
    I know I'll love you better

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D
    It's your favorite foreign movie

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Site Owner

Mentions
    1753 Post(s)

As EXC says could you post us photocopies (our address is at the bottom of this page) or could you take a photo with a webcam or phone?

Going to visit CAB is a good idea, they will be able to write on your behalf, and they will also be able to go through your finances with you and make sure you are getting the support you need.

I've taken your email address off your post (and your name) as its best to keep these things private.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I do not get any benefits whatsoever and I have worked all my life, I was in the Civil Service for 25 years so I get my old age pension and a civil service pension but I have a lot of bills to pay out of my two pensions and since I have lost my husband's money I am not doing too well, so all this hassle from Bank Smart is not helping

Dolores

Site Owner

Mentions
    1753 Post(s)

Emails: complaints@bank-smart.co.uk
    Address: Bank-Smart, Complaints Department, First Floor, Building A, Green Court, Truro Business Park, TR4 9LF
    Complaints line: 0845 073 7149

Give that number a try, ask to speak to Amy, you'll probably not get through but worth a shot xx
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    Emails: complaints@bank-smart.co.uk
    Address: Bank-Smart, Complaints Department, First Floor, Building A, Green Court, Truro Business Park, TR4 9LF
    Complaints line: 0845 073 7149

Give that number a try, ask to speak to Amy, you'll probably not get through but worth a shot xx

Went to the CAB waited nearly 4 hours to see someone, witnessed whilst there a fight between a man and a woman. They told me to send a letter of complaint to Bank Smart and to ask for copies of the signed agreement I had with them, I have done that, dont hold out any hope now but they cant take money off me which I havent got.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Tried the number you gave me, no reply

Site Owner

Mentions
    1753 Post(s)

No surprises there, well was worth a try.

I'll ask the person I've been communicating with (on an entirely separate matter) if I can give you her email address to contact.

When did you send them the letter?

Site Owner

Mentions
    1753 Post(s)

Does this agreement ring any bells?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Site Owner

Mentions
    143 Post(s)

I just dialed the 'complaints line' and got a recorded message to say nobody was available to speak. There was no opportunity to leave a message.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Comes up Windows cannot find file, but thanks for trying. I will be posting my letter tomorrow

Site Owner

Mentions
    1753 Post(s)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails banksmart.jpg  

Site Owner

Mentions
    1753 Post(s)

''I would urge the lady you have received a complaint from to call our complaints line number between 8.30am and 5.30pm Monday – Friday. Or to email complaints@bank-smart.co.uk at their convenience and a member of the complaints handling team will respond; certainly within 2 working days, but normally within 1.''

I know you tried to call them, I did and EXC did but hey ho, we must just have been unlucky.

'' I would hope to assure you that we do have adequate complaints procedures in place and will respond promptly when we are notified of an issue. The main problems arise when customers ignore our correspondence, or fail to raise their concerns with us directly.

Writing to us is obviously an option, but certainly not the option I would recommend unless the item is posted using a tracked service. Emails are by far the best means of communication as the customer can keep a record of exactly what has been said, and also minimises delays.''

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: PPI claim company taking me to court for fees.

Hi I am new to this site but as yet I haven't received a confirmation email and don't seem to be able to start a new thread in the forum and was looking for some advice as I have been experiencing some similar problems with Bank-Smart. Any help on the matter would be greatly received.
    Jason

Site Owner

Mentions
    143 Post(s)

We've been having issues with the confirmation e-mails I'm afraid but it's fine to post here for the time being.

What exactly are your problems with Bank Smart?

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the reply.
    My wife saw an ad in a National newspaper over three years ago for Bank-Smart and help claiming back PPI. We had taken out a couple of loans some years earlier with Lloyds Banks but because we had paid them back early we didn't have any paperwork as we had moved in the mean time and had lost the said paperwork. Bank-Smart advised her that this wouldn't be a problem and that they could help in claiming back the ppi on the loans and all they would need was our bank account details and where the bank was situated that we used. We gave them all the information that we had on a form they sent us and sent it back. About a month later they sent us a letter with the exact same form asking if we could provide anymore information so we sent it back as before also stating that this was all the information we had. This went on for about a year every couple of months they would send the exact same form back to us we would fill it in to the best of our knowledge and send it back to them only for Bank-Smart to send the form back to us to fill in again. In the end my wife just started throwing the letters from Bank-Smart away as she thought they were messing her around.
    This week they sent us a letter demanding payment of £358.20 for breach of contract. I phoned the number provided to make a formal complaint but was basically told that I couldn't talk to anyone at Bank-Smart and all correspondence must be done by either email or letter. I did ask for proof that they did ion fact contact Lloyds bank as I felt that they were trying to con us out of money for not doing anything other that repeatedly sending us a basic form to fill out.
    In fairness they did send me a dodgy looking photocopy of a duplicate letter supposedly sent to them from LLoyds bank thanking them for contacting them regarding a complaint for PPI for a Mr Robert and Miss B.
    Me and my wife are in fact Mr and Mrs B and have always been in our correspondence with Bank-Smart. We don't know a Mr Robert and my wife is definitely no Miss!
    I suppose my question would be where do we stand? I intend to speak to Lloyds on Monday to see if Bank-Smart have been in contact with them on our behalf. My wife was of the belief that Bank-Smart would take any moneys owing them for work done out of any PPI that we were owed by Lloyds but it appears that they are trying to get money straight from us rather than doing the work they said they would do and taking a percentage of any money owing?
    Sorry for the long windiness of this reply but any help on the matter would be greatly received.
    Jay
    Last edited by EXC; 7th December 2014 at 06:00:AM. Reason: Removed name

Site Owner

Mentions
    143 Post(s)

Ok, firstly can you post the text of the letter demanding payment without any of your personal information?

I've edited your name from your post.

I like your pin shot

Then the shutter falls
    You see it all in 3-D

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hello,

Sorry for the late! reply.. I haven't used this website in a very long time.

However it was not Bank Smart.

I can't remember what they were called but I did win my case against the company

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss- View Post
    Hello,

Sorry for the late! reply.. I haven't used this website in a very long time.

However it was not Bank Smart.

I can't remember what they were called but I did win my case against the company

BANK SMART just sent me an invoice foe over £409 for "breach of contract". This is apparently due to non reciept of info they have requested. I have always returned all requested docs to them and the claims they are investigating have yet to yield ANY results at all. A previous claim with them DID result in compensation for which l have already paid their fees in full some years ago. They advertise as "no win no fee" yet are billing me for ACHIEVING NOTHING!
    Any advice would be v much appreciated

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

I have been dealing with a company called Consumer Compensation Bureau and they have had me hanging for months, requesting further information and getting me to call, email and fax people which i thought it was their job to do. I had a bankruptcy which we all thought would maybe allow the trustee to take any monies and the CCB advised me on the phone that they had closed the case and i was free to pursue on my own which i did. Now they are billing me for over £800 on. Payiut of just over £1800. I've emailed them and advised them i will fight this as they closed the case but do i stand a chance?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12