• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claim company taking me to court for fees.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI company taking me to court for fees.

Tried the number you gave me, no reply

Comment

No surprises there, well was worth a try.

I'll ask the person I've been communicating with (on an entirely separate matter) if I can give you her email address to contact.

When did you send them the letter?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Does this agreement ring any bells?
        Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I just dialed the 'complaints line' and got a recorded message to say nobody was available to speak. There was no opportunity to leave a message.

Comment

Comes up Windows cannot find file, but thanks for trying. I will be posting my letter tomorrow

Comment

Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

''I would urge the lady you have received a complaint from to call our complaints line number between 8.30am and 5.30pm Monday – Friday. Or to email complaints@bank-smart.co.uk at their convenience and a member of the complaints handling team will respond; certainly within 2 working days, but normally within 1.''

I know you tried to call them, I did and EXC did but hey ho, we must just have been unlucky.

'' I would hope to assure you that we do have adequate complaints procedures in place and will respond promptly when we are notified of an issue. The main problems arise when customers ignore our correspondence, or fail to raise their concerns with us directly.

Writing to us is obviously an option, but certainly not the option I would recommend unless the item is posted using a tracked service. Emails are by far the best means of communication as the customer can keep a record of exactly what has been said, and also minimises delays.''
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: PPI claim company taking me to court for fees.

Hi I am new to this site but as yet I haven't received a confirmation email and don't seem to be able to start a new thread in the forum and was looking for some advice as I have been experiencing some similar problems with Bank-Smart. Any help on the matter would be greatly received.
                  Jason

Comment

We've been having issues with the confirmation e-mails I'm afraid but it's fine to post here for the time being.

What exactly are your problems with Bank Smart?

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
                      My wife saw an ad in a National newspaper over three years ago for Bank-Smart and help claiming back PPI. We had taken out a couple of loans some years earlier with Lloyds Banks but because we had paid them back early we didn't have any paperwork as we had moved in the mean time and had lost the said paperwork. Bank-Smart advised her that this wouldn't be a problem and that they could help in claiming back the ppi on the loans and all they would need was our bank account details and where the bank was situated that we used. We gave them all the information that we had on a form they sent us and sent it back. About a month later they sent us a letter with the exact same form asking if we could provide anymore information so we sent it back as before also stating that this was all the information we had. This went on for about a year every couple of months they would send the exact same form back to us we would fill it in to the best of our knowledge and send it back to them only for Bank-Smart to send the form back to us to fill in again. In the end my wife just started throwing the letters from Bank-Smart away as she thought they were messing her around.
                      This week they sent us a letter demanding payment of £358.20 for breach of contract. I phoned the number provided to make a formal complaint but was basically told that I couldn't talk to anyone at Bank-Smart and all correspondence must be done by either email or letter. I did ask for proof that they did ion fact contact Lloyds bank as I felt that they were trying to con us out of money for not doing anything other that repeatedly sending us a basic form to fill out.
                      In fairness they did send me a dodgy looking photocopy of a duplicate letter supposedly sent to them from LLoyds bank thanking them for contacting them regarding a complaint for PPI for a Mr Robert and Miss B.
                      Me and my wife are in fact Mr and Mrs B and have always been in our correspondence with Bank-Smart. We don't know a Mr Robert and my wife is definitely no Miss!
                      I suppose my question would be where do we stand? I intend to speak to Lloyds on Monday to see if Bank-Smart have been in contact with them on our behalf. My wife was of the belief that Bank-Smart would take any moneys owing them for work done out of any PPI that we were owed by Lloyds but it appears that they are trying to get money straight from us rather than doing the work they said they would do and taking a percentage of any money owing?
                      Sorry for the long windiness of this reply but any help on the matter would be greatly received.
                      Jay
                      Last edited by EXC; 7th December 2014, 07:00:AM. Reason: Removed name

Comment

Ok, firstly can you post the text of the letter demanding payment without any of your personal information?

I've edited your name from your post.

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the late! reply.. I haven't used this website in a very long time.

However it was not Bank Smart.

I can't remember what they were called but I did win my case against the company

Comment

Originally posted by Miss- View Post
                            Hello,

Sorry for the late! reply.. I haven't used this website in a very long time.

However it was not Bank Smart.

I can't remember what they were called but I did win my case against the company

BANK SMART just sent me an invoice foe over £409 for "breach of contract". This is apparently due to non reciept of info they have requested. I have always returned all requested docs to them and the claims they are investigating have yet to yield ANY results at all. A previous claim with them DID result in compensation for which l have already paid their fees in full some years ago. They advertise as "no win no fee" yet are billing me for ACHIEVING NOTHING!
                            Any advice would be v much appreciated

Comment

I have been dealing with a company called Consumer Compensation Bureau and they have had me hanging for months, requesting further information and getting me to call, email and fax people which i thought it was their job to do. I had a bankruptcy which we all thought would maybe allow the trustee to take any monies and the CCB advised me on the phone that they had closed the case and i was free to pursue on my own which i did. Now they are billing me for over £800 on. Payiut of just over £1800. I've emailed them and advised them i will fight this as they closed the case but do i stand a chance?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X