• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

blubottle needed/police action/employment disciplinary issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: blubottle needed/police action/employment disciplinary issue

Where is the CPS in all this, Miliitant? It is up to the CPS to decide what evidence is relevant, not the police. The CPS came into being to put a stop to the sort of corruption that is evident in this case.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

just doing an update

quick question for bluebottle

as stated, the police ditched the first statements from the managers and came into the office and four months later did a totally new set of witness statements

why would they ditch the first witness statements and why were the not released in the prosecution bundle with the new statements. under CPR, all evidence has to be released

just curious as i have a meeting at union HQ with the barrister handling this on friday, who also happens to be a magistrate

Comment

Under Criminal Procedures Rules, the Prosecution are required to disclose ALL evidence they have, good and bad, to the Defence. I am very suspicious of the fact that the police re-wrote the statements and can't help smelling corruption. Find out if any officers involved and the two managers have any social connections of any description whatsoever. If there are any such connections, I am wondering if this would be better being brought out in open court.

Could you scan and email the statements to me, please? I'll take a look at them.

Comment

i will do some more digging and get back to you, the two statements that have been rewritten are allmost identicle

is your email address still the same

Comment

You - or whoever is conducting the defence - should cross examine the makers of these statements as to why they are so similar.

Comment

This is now getting interesting

I called into the cop shop this evening to have a chat with the copper who did the interviews. This was to get a copy of the original statements. As he was working, the desk clerk said he will pass the message on and get back to me

The copper has just phoned and asked how he could help

I informed him that i will be in a meeting with our union barrister this friday and require the original statements as they were not included within the CPS BUNDLE

He was totally lost for words like it was a double blast from a shotgun.

He was even more agitated when i informed him our union barrister is requesting these statements

HE said he is going to phone me back tomorrow afternoon
              Last edited by miliitant; 22nd October 2012, 21:00:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
                i will do some more digging and get back to you, the two statements that have been rewritten are allmost identicle

is your email address still the same
                Same as previously advised to you, Miliitant.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
                    This is now getting interesting

I called into the cop shop this evening to have a chat with the copper who did the interviews. This was to get a copy of the original statements. As he was working, the desk clerk said he will pass the message on and get back to me. Usual SOB.

The copper has just phoned and asked how he could help.

I informed him that i will be in a meeting with our union barrister this friday and require the original statements as they were not included within the CPS BUNDLE

He was totally lost for words like it was a double blast from a shotgun. I don't think one can speak and emit a tuneful sound from the other end simultaneously.

He was even more agitated when I informed him our union barrister is requesting these statements. Probably desperately trying to remember which local chemists sell Imodium Plus.

HE said he is going to phone me back tomorrow afternoon ...after purchasing as many packets of Imodium Plus as he can lay his hands on. Believe me, he'll need 'em.
                    Bluebottle

Comment

i will update tomorrow, after the copper has got over his bout of IBS

Comment

IBS will be the least of his worries, Miliitant. He's going to have to explain this to his Superintendent and, possibly, his Divisional Commander, also. For information, a Divisional Commander in the police force normally holds the rank of Chief Superintendent.

Comment

Sorry to barge in but can you please carry on updating militant - I am thinking of writing a Hollywood blockbuster based on this case. Can you just confirm, we ARE in the 21st Century? Everything you are describing reminds me of the 80th...

Comment

Originally posted by alham View Post
                            Sorry to barge in but can you please carry on updating militant - I am thinking of writing a Hollywood blockbuster based on this case. Can you just confirm, we ARE in the 21st Century? Everything you are describing reminds me of the 80th...
                            Life On Mars and Ashes to Ashes? ​Believe me, the writers were pretty close to what it was like in the 80s.

Comment

So true. 20+ years ago but then we still get affairs as per this thread. But then we lived through the "worst crash ever" caused by bankers and guess what? No banker suffered so far. Go and figure

Comment

i am now starting to lose my patience

The copper has just phoned me and very subtle, tried to grill me. He stated the barrister needs to request the two statements from back in april. i informed him i was acting with full authority of our union HQ and solicitors in my capacity as legal and medical secretary, and i did not accept his response. These document should have been produced with the cps bundle. IF THE CPS RECOGNISE MY AUTHORITY, WHO WAS HE TO QUESTION IT.

he then stated that these documents were in archive off site and he would be requesting them by email

very much uneasy was this copper on my questions like

the statements they are relying on were from the two office managers back in april, the police did not do any official statements back in april. Those official statements were done in august, some four months later

I AM TO BE CONTACTED AGAIN TOMORROW BY THE COPPER WITH A RESPONSE
                                Last edited by miliitant; 23rd October 2012, 19:31:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X