• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice

I'm quite proud that having written much about ignoring these, I've finally got one myself this morning. I thought it might be useful to post up to show people (Can't post even after resizing sorry!) . I thoroughly enjoyed pi55ing off the 'warden' following him around and telling people to ignore them. He didn't seem to like me!

ANYONE READING - THESE ARE BEST TOTALLY, 100% IGNORED.

Issued by UK CPS Ltd there are some interesting phrases. I must pay £100, discounted to £60 if received within 14 days. They then increase it to £100, and if you don't pay within 28 days, then court action. "Further costs will be incurred including court costs and bailiff costs...."

PART 7 POLICE ONLY advises that the police, "must not discourage payment." Why? Do the police need these muppets to tell them their job?

PART 8 is great! It says the company "are welcome to asses......." Sounds about right, think they mean 'assess'

Finally PART 9 states, "Due to legal procedures it is difficult for UKCPS Ltd to submit verbal evidence before the court."

Now what exactly is that supposed to mean? How can they take you to court if they won't supply verbal evidence? Surely someone has to be in court to answer this offence if I turn up to question them?

These companies really are leaches, preying on those without knowledge to make I suspect a healthy profit.

I will totally ignore and will try to reduce the image size so I can post it up. I'll keep people informed of progress.

This gives details to anyone wanting full information:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences
    Last edited by labman; 12th May 2012, 14:05:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice

nice one Labman..

give em hell!!!!

love the "free to asses" bit, seeing as its asses giving the things out free in the first place

Comment

totally agree, ignore these "people" expect the usual bull chit letters, file and ignore

Comment

It's really annoying, the retail park has been there ages. The signs are new and are clearly a money spinning exercise. They have a person dressed very similarly to a policeman walking around issuing these things which are also very official looking.

I fully intend to print out a load of 'Do Not Pay This!' pieces of paper with my mobile on it if they want pointing here for help and advice. The other thing which has crossed my mind is to get a petition drawn up for shoppers to sign.

Many who go there will just pay up and think they've done the right thing. All they're doing is paying an invoice they don't owe.

Comment

good evening

I have this evening recieved a UK CPS Ltd PARKING CHARGE NOTICE at Cardigan Fields in Leeds - almost illegible as the self carbonated paper has barely marked

In years gone by ive ignored such notices , however did the law change in 2012 ?

do i have to pay this or should i ignore as I have done in previous years ?

Comment

Originally posted by seen the light View Post
            good evening

I have this evening recieved a UK CPS Ltd PARKING CHARGE NOTICE at Cardigan Fields in Leeds - almost illegible as the self carbonated paper has barely marked

In years gone by ive ignored such notices , however did the law change in 2012 ?

do i have to pay this or should i ignore as I have done in previous years ?
            Ignore away

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X