• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Discussion on what peeps want from a meet up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion on what peeps want from a meet up

I think we're considering a "Beagles Conference" in Brighton next year, Di. Possibly with a 'reciprocal' beer and sarnies 'do' in Blackpool later on in the year. Be good to see you and yours there, Di.

I reckon poor Cel's got the job of doing the 'beer-sampling' in Brighton, then. Ain't life a bitch, Cel ?

Now...who we got near Blackpool ?
    Tags: None

Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Dont think we should be discussing it in this thread btw--I dont really think we are discussing anything---no assumtions Di30 whatsoever imho--- (Brighton,Blackpool, Edinburgh,Anglesey or Amerstdam )---all have been mentioned--lets reserve those comments to the new thread that a new organiser will post--lol

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
    I think we're considering a "Beagles Conference" in Brighton next year, Di. Possibly with a 'reciprocal' beer and sarnies 'do' in Blackpool later on in the year. Be good to see you and yours there, Di.

I reckon poor Cel's got the job of doing the 'beer-sampling' in Brighton, then. Ain't life a bitch, Cel ?

Comment

Putting on my own 'grumpy' hat, then. Strictly speaking, I guess that any discussion regarding the next LB meet should be consigned to another thread.

However, I believe the success of this year's 5th Anniversary Beagles meet could perhaps be gauged by the responses to the threads associated with it. Not just by those who actually stumbled into the pubs - but by those who read the drunken posts - and who wished that they HAD stumbled therein.

So - let's ALREADY start a new thread for the next LB meet, and post links to it here. NOT LEAST because some Yorkshire twat managed to make LB's 5th B'Day a b100dy weekend to remember. Take the credit, Glittery-tights. Then let's build on that.

Comment

I am pleased you had a good time, but with all due respect the other meets have also been enjoyed by many and proof of that is also in the LBMeets forum I do believe.
        Also in my opinion the next meet should not be put forward as a tourist attraction weekend, it is after all an LB meet and I think if people want to have it all mapped out for them they will let you know.
        It also makes things very expensive for some another put off imho.
        Just my views
        Enaid x

Comment

Please no one get excited about the next meet yet, nothing has been decided, Brighton was a tongue in cheek suggestion, I do however have something up my sleeve that would be completely different and appeal to all age groups, so please no speculation until I get some details sorted, and yes I will start a separate thread and yes I will take on board everyones points of view.
          As soon as I have details I will post them up and it can be agreed, people can book and start shuffling some pennies away towards it all.
          TTFN off to fat fighters, back laters xxx

Comment

love it Sapphy--(I promise not to tell-lol)

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
            Please no one get excited about the next meet yet, nothing has been decided, Brighton was a tongue in cheek suggestion, I do however have something up my sleeve that would be completely different and appeal to all age groups, so please no speculation until I get some details sorted, and yes I will start a separate thread and yes I will take on board everyones points of view.
            As soon as I have details I will post them up and it can be agreed, people can book and start shuffling some pennies away towards it all.
            TTFN off to fat fighters, back laters xxx
            Hi Enaid
            Well--What a surprise you on the thread after 4.5 months -- just for the record ,

So I will now detail the options re going together on attractions and the times we are meeting in the pubs.
            There is , of course, no obligation to go on any of the attractions - I post them so that we a have structure to go on things together if we so desire.

Comment

Di, It was my idea to have a more structured itinerary so that people could join us if they wanted, as not everyone could afford or do all the attractions and we have lots of free time in between for peeps who wanted to do their own thing. Bill led those on a budget around the wall whilst other like me went to Betty's.

It worked very well in York as there was lots going on and it was possible for Cyn and daughter to meet us in Stonegate Yard as did Ame. Tools and 5 beaglettes on Saturday afternoon for a few hours, but not necessarily did they want to go on attractions. The same for Pawnbroker and GF - wanted to do their own thing during the day but was very happy to meet us in the 3 Tuns Fridays evening and Saturday in the Hilton for Dinner. The attractions were not forced on anyone and I for one was pleased with all the aattractions that I went on and probably would not have done them if we have not planned for them.

If we had not structured the weekend people would have been a loose end not knowing where everyone was, we had a system of ensuring that everyone was included if they wanted to be, especially people coming on their own like Monzter and Maxie who also had never met any of us before. For instance Jax took herself off to Minster Cathederal to the service on Sunday morning, whilst others did their own thing wandering round the Shables and other places and then all finally meeting up at the Hilton for our goodbyes.

Other meets I am sure were great as well but this was a great city and was very enjoyable.

Comment

Just that I think taking it back to a meet instead of a holiday may be much more accessable for members, as even a meet that was so well organized as this had a poor turn out only basically 15 members

Comment

Di we had 22 including the beaglettes and it was certainly more than the London meet where we had under 12 and Nottingham we only had 7 of us, Peterborough I only saw maybe 13 in and all they did was sit in a weatherspoons. At least we got to see some of the city and it was interesting with very nice people.

I think York was a good pull and I particularly liked it because it was a City full of attractions and therefore gave more structure to the event.

We are never all going to agree or even want to do everything and thats why we had a group of us ironing out all the information that was found out and then decisions were made.

I think that Turbo did an absolutely blinding job.

Comment

I do hope that this is the end of this unusual discussion-if you wish to pursue it--please may I suggest that you raise a separate thread in the LB Meets forum -- rather than pour cold water on here where you never bothered to post until now--end of.

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                    Just that I think taking it back to a meet instead of a holiday may be much more accessable for members, as even a meet that was so well organized as this had a poor turn out only basically 15 members

Comment

I don't think you understand what I am trying to say.
                      I am not saying you all didn't work hard on this and I know you had your ups and downs on the way lol.
                      All I am saying is if we are getting poor turnouts why not try a different approach and try make it as cheap and cheerful as you can that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post

I didn't start the discussion on here about the next meet it was already started I am just adding my views and opinions on the next meet as i am well entiteld to do.

Comment

Last meet at Wolverhampton was as cheap & cheerful as they come--6 members I believe

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                          I don't think you understand what I am trying to say.

All I am saying is if we are getting poor turnouts why not try a different approach and try make it as cheap and cheerful as you can that's all.

Comment

If you are going to be so childish as you often are, I do believe 12 attended and there were supposed to be 14 but as like many other meets people drop out.
                            There was also 2 meets last year both in different locations and could have been better attended and that is all I am trying to do for the next one have a better attendance.
                            Now put yer dummy back in.
                            Last edited by enaid; 10th May 2012, 11:28:AM.

Comment

I definately would not have travelled all the way to York just for a meet if it were not combined with seeing some attractions and making it a couple of days holiday as it would have been far too costly. People travelled from Scotland, Northampton, London + Brighton as well as a few other destinations to be in York and may not have gone to the meet if it were say in Birmingahm or Peterborough. Meeting up with fellow Beagles made it even more enjoyable and nice to meet people that you have spoken to on the site.

People stayed in BB's for the cheaper option and some of those BB's were very good value for money.

I really do not understand why you feel that people would travel 100's miles just for a meet and not do anything when they got there, it just dont make sense.

None of the attractions were forced on people and people made their choices as to what they wanted to do, it was there if people wanted to join in.

The dinner at the Hilton which was the highlight of Beagles 5th Birthday was a huge success.

In London we had a few structured events like going to the Theatre and Houses of Commons which was I hope enjoyed by all.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X