• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed

i would like a little advice please

i worked for a company that was bought out by another well known big company
    just before we were took over the big company gave 1 to 1 interviews with all emplyees and explained what was going to happen etc... also the new contracts of employment.
    we were all told by the new company that because they look after their employees and care about our family life outside of work, that all full time workers would get every other saterday off.
    this is a well known thing across the whole of the company.
    now 1 year later, with the uk in ressesion many staff are either leaving and not many being taken on in their place, some sections of the workplace are not getting their saterdays off like promised.
    some managers are explaining to some staff that because of not many staff we are sorry and can you work your saterdays.
    very nice of them, always nice to be asked.
    but other managers are just putting employees down to work without asking or even saying a thing, and when aproached they just tough we aint got enough staff.

now on my understanding of employee law during a 1 to 1 interview when something like, you get every other saterday off and it is all throught the company and is a well known fact, it becomes part of your terms and conditions of your contract unless notified with a months notice or so.
    i have checked my own personal contract and it doesn't say anything about the saterday off nor does it in the handbook.

my own personal point on this along with many other work mates is

they have breached our contracts (some of the managers)

am i right in saying this and what can we do about this please ?
    Tags: None

Re: advice needed

Hi Ugly and welcome to Legal Beagles.

My gut-feeling is that the TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings & Protection of Employment) Regulations apply in your case. This means that where your employer merges or is taken over by another company and you transfer over, your existing terms and conditions of employment cannot be changed nor can you have your employment terminated, save as in exceptional circumstances for at least one year.

In the first instance, you need to speak to ACAS, who can provide you with free advice about employment matters. Their website is at Home - Acas . You can also enquire at your local Law Centre where you can obtain free legal advice from legal professionals.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

cheers bluebottle for your reply

but i dont think TUPE will work on this 1

like i said they changed it, that we will get every other saterday off under their new terms and conditions.
      we never use to get this with the old company

Comment

I would still speak to ACAS and your local Law Centre about this.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X