• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Crystal Legal Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Legal Services

hi guys,

i have just had, in the time it takes me to walk from my sofa to my phone (12ft roughly) had 3 calls, one behind the other from 01270 446 622 (Crystal Legal Services) who told me that Barclays Bank had informed them I was due a refund on my PPI!

2 problems.. First i know under DPA Barclays can't pass that info out, and 2, I've never had a Barclays bank account.

their details

Freephone 0808 168 4200 -

Crystal Legal Services Ltd
    Units 4 and 5
    Macon Court
    Herald Drive
    Crewe
    Cheshire. CW1 6EA
    Tags: None

Re: Crystal Legal Services

According to their website they have ''ultra-professional field agents''. Or should it read ''Ultra dishonest''?

Crystal Legal - About us

Comment

ultra persistant

Comment

Ultra stupid, too. Who are they trying to kid?
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

They are authorised by the MOJ

So definately one to watch.

Comment

tuttsi, pm coming.. msl:

Comment

They have broken a few rules of their authorisation and hope that this is just a one off if more cases come to light we will have to report the matter directly to the MOJ as I am sure they will be extremely interested.

1. Cold called
              2. then mislead Puff Rose by stating that Barclays had sent them regarding PPI reclaim. - This the MOJ will take a very dim view as this is the sort of think the MOJ are clamping down on. Claiming to be sent from a company which is clearly not true they could lose their licence.

Puff Rose, did they ask for you by name?

Comment

No, the first call i got the advisor basically yawned down the phone and then said im from crystal legal services.. about your ppi...
                i said you are not permitted to cold call, this is a unsolicited business call i am terminating the call. The second was giving his speil before i could actually say hello, and again I said it was illegal, i was told it IS legal as they are registered with the MOJ, i said i am now terminating the call, and reporting this number to the TPS. i was told i couldnt do that as im not registered with the TPS, i am but thats besides the point, and when i asked for the company name again i was sarcastically asked if i had a pen with ink in it.
                The 3rd caller asked for "the homeowner" and told me about Barclaycard, and got both barrells. She also said she had authority to cold call from the MOJ and the TPS wouldnt do anything. she told me she got my number from "the survey you did in june" I havent done telephone surveys for anyone but Mori and that was about government services!! She also told me they get details from "internet surverys" last survey i took online was about wehter i wanted to ever go to australia msl:

Comment

lol - 'she had authority to call from the MOJ' - they are authorised for being a CMC and to work within the rules not to cold call you. The MOJ are not happy with Companies who purport to be calling with the MOJ's permission as this is not what the authorisation allows them to do. This rule is looked on very badly by the MOJ. If this persists and more complaints come up then the MOJ will take action.

Register with the TPS

Dont complete anymore on line surveys. If you do there is normally a box to tick if you dont want your personal details passed on.

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
                  No, the first call i got the advisor basically yawned down the phone and then said im from crystal legal services.. about your ppi...
                  i said you are not permitted to cold call, this is a unsolicited business call i am terminating the call. The second was giving his speil before i could actually say hello, and again I said it was illegal, i was told it IS legal as they are registered with the MOJ, i said i am now terminating the call, and reporting this number to the TPS. i was told i couldnt do that as im not registered with the TPS, i am but thats besides the point, and when i asked for the company name again i was sarcastically asked if i had a pen with ink in it.
                  The 3rd caller asked for "the homeowner" and told me about Barclaycard, and got both barrells. She also said she had authority to cold call from the MOJ and the TPS wouldnt do anything. she told me she got my number from "the survey you did in june" I havent done telephone surveys for anyone but Mori and that was about government services!! She also told me they get details from "internet surverys" last survey i took online was about wehter i wanted to ever go to australia msl:

Comment

i am, and i do

fully registered with the TPS, and i always check to say dont pass my details on.. and the survey was based in Australia heehee

Comment

This is from the MOJ review - they do not like people using their name is any type of selling.

Case Study: Mis-use of the MoJ Logo
                      A member of the public informed us that a claims management business was displaying the Ministry of Justice logo in the window of their High Street office. We were sent a photograph of the front of the premise showing that the large logo was taking up the majority of one of the windows in the office front. Business J was instructed to remove the logo from their shop front immediately. Despite assurances that it was to be removed, we visited the premises a few days later, only to discover that the logo had not been removed from the shop front and was being used elsewhere in the premises. Business J were warned and required to remove the logo while we were still at the premise, and were also instructed to dispose of the other marketing material bearing the logo.

sorry tried to copy the image across and was unable to do so.
                      Marketing – misrepresentation of Ministry of Justice (MoJ) authorisation
                      We have received enquiries and complaints from consumers who have been contacted by claims management businesses who mislead them over their relationship with the MoJ. Such businesses use their authorisation as a marketing tool although the rules state that authorised businesses must not imply that they are approved by the Government or connected with any government agency or other regulator.

Comment

Just to be clear, in general, CMCs are permitted to cold call so long as the claim is not likely to be handled by a solicitor.

See 'Cold Calling Consumers By Telephone http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/...each-sheet.pdf

Comment

I'm going to check with the MoJ and clarify this. Cold-calling TPS-registered numbers is a breach of the DPA and TPS make it quite clear they will refer the matter to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) for investigation and action. I have an ex-directory number and still get the odd idiot who thinks ex-directory is fair game. You should hear the language when I tell them they're being reported to the ICO. Celestine would slap my legs if I posted up some of the things I have been called by cold callers.
                          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Just in case there is any doubt about this being an 'isolated incident':

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01270446622
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

And for any companies seeking to intimidate us with defamation threats as part of 'reputation management'; this is how we respond. In brief: Publicly

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...r-Court-defeat
                              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X