• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shopdirect/Capquest/Lowells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopdirect/Capquest/Lowells

Hi all

I am in the process of gathering all information for my daughter's Shop Direct accounts in order to 1) figure out how much is actually owed, and 2) claim back charges. I have SARd Shopdirect and sent a CCA request to Capquest. Still have still not received all of the paperwork from either Capquest or Shopdirect which is annoying but they still have time. I suppose I have to allow for the Easter break don't I?

Looking through the supposed default notice I do notice that the date given to pay the arrears by was actually later than the actual default date on the credit file was. It means that the account was defaulted and marked on the credit file 5 days before the time was up to bring the account back to order.

Also, I'm trying to keep track of all the balances that are noted all over these letters, the figures seem to change by the day. Am I wrong to assume that the default balance noted on the default notice as served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Act 1974 (I'm sure it was called the Consumer Credit Act 1974 the last time I checked) should be the same as that noted on the credit file?

Another thing that I am annoyed at is that according to the paperwork that Capquest have sent, payments had been made from December 2011 until present date, however nothing is showing at all on the credit file. The only thing that is noted is a red D under the month that it was defaulted... nothing prior to that or nothing after that although clearly hundreds have been paid on each of these accounts. I thought the credit files were meant to be a true reflection of how the account was being run???

Could anyone help to clear these points up for me please.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Shopdirect/Capquest/Lowells

Hi

Can someone let me know whether the it matters that the details on the credit file are different from that on the paperwork, ie default dates, amounts etc. Who would be responsible for changing these?

Thanks

Comment

I really need some help here please

Comment

Bumping this for foxyred

I don't know much about Shop Direct.

When was the agreement taken out?

I would relax until they respond to the s78- they can't enforce till then - & the SAR.
        You can then do a forensic investigation of the account.

Re the DN - it should tell you what the problem is (shortfall to date), & how to remedy it, & allow you the full 14 days to comply.

Also, is there a possible PPI claim here?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks, I'll hold tight then

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X