• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dealing With Rlp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing With Rlp

After consulting with Richard Dunstan at CAB, it appears that the best way of dealing with RLP and their speculative invoicing is to lodge complaints with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) against RLP, Jackie Lambert and their solitary in-house solicitor Vanessa Willett.

It has also come to light that a subsidiary of RLP has been set up - Cireco - whose activities have echoes of the illegal database maintained by the Economic League. Such databases are a matter for the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).

Anyone who is currently being bombarded with letters containing threatening and/or defamatory content by RLP should submit a formal complaint to the SRA by downloading a complaint form from their website at SRA | Protecting consumers, regulating solicitors | Solicitors Regulation Authority including RLP, Jackie Lambert and Vanessa Willett as the subjects of the complaint.

There are serious concerns about RLP's speculative invoicing and it would appear that the nature of RLP's business should be registered under the Legal Services Act 2007 and that Jackie Lambert should be registered under the Act as the owner or manager of a business required to register under the Act. Vanessa Willett, as a solicitor, is believed to be in breach of the Solicitors' Code of Conduct as regards her work with RLP.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.
    Tags: None

Re: Dealing With Rlp

The whole speculative invoice has come under the spot light from a different angle as well.
    The "copyright" chasing law firm ACS:Law and the wonderful Andrew Crossley was recently hammered for similar sharp practices.

SDT suspends ACS:Law founder for two years | News | The Lawyer

So it's fresh in the SRA's psyche..

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
      The whole speculative invoice has come under the spot light from a different angle as well.
      The "copyright" chasing law firm ACS:Law and the wonderful Andrew Crossley was recently hammered for similar sharp practices.

SDT suspends ACS:Law founder for two years | News | The Lawyer

So it's fresh in the SRA's psyche..
      That's not all, CB. If the little rat hadn't pleaded poverty, the Information Commissioner was minded to fine him £200,000. He could have fined Crossley the maximum £500,000.

Comment

So I take it that Richard didn't know about Cireco then Bluebottle?
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          After consulting with Richard Dunstan at CAB, it appears that the best way of dealing with RLP and their speculative invoicing is to lodge complaints with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) against RLP, Jackie Lambert and their solitary in-house solicitor Vanessa Willett.

It has also come to light that a subsidiary of RLP has been set up - Cireco - whose activities have echoes of the illegal database maintained by the Economic League. Such databases are a matter for the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).

Anyone who is currently being bombarded with letters containing threatening and/or defamatory content by RLP should submit a formal complaint to the SRA by downloading a complaint form from their website at SRA | Protecting consumers, regulating solicitors | Solicitors Regulation Authority including RLP, Jackie Lambert and Vanessa Willett as the subjects of the complaint.

There are serious concerns about RLP's speculative invoicing and it would appear that the nature of RLP's business should be registered under the Legal Services Act 2007 and that Jackie Lambert should be registered under the Act as the owner or manager of a business required to register under the Act. Vanessa Willett, as a solicitor, is believed to be in breach of the Solicitors' Code of Conduct as regards her work with RLP.
          I agree with what is said here, however i wonder as to the content of this complaint.
          Wont they just say that they are acting on behalf of their client and on their instruction.
          It is for a court to decide if the claim is valid.
          Just trying to clarify the issues

Peter

Comment

Peter

Didn't ACS Law also say they were acting on behalf of their cleint!

Also Cireco appear to not be registered with the ICO, yet it is them thats processing the database of ALLEGED dishonested people, as they are only alleged to be then Cireco are not processing ACCURATE data but, infact, inaccurate data!
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hi
              I believe part of the charge was conflict of unterest with the instructing party.
              Anyway
              What i am asking is, what precisley do we put in these letters of complain to the SRA.

Which rules have been compromised. You cannot just say that you have recieved a claim you do not agree with.

If we are advising people to make complaint should we not akso be advising how to draft it so that it makes legal sense.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Peterbard View Post
                Hi
                I believe part of the charge was conflict of unterest with the instructing party.
                Anyway
                What i am asking is, what precisley do we put in these letters of complain to the SRA.

Which rules have been compromised. You cannot just say that you have recieved a claim you do not agree with.

If we are advising people to make complaint should we not akso be advising how to draft it so that it makes legal sense.

Peter
                I think that would help lots of people including myself, I'm not even sure if I have downloaded the correct form! I'm ready to send my complaint just not sure what to say
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                I agree with what is said here, however i wonder as to the content of this complaint.
                Wont they just say that they are acting on behalf of their client and on their instruction.
                It is for a court to decide if the claim is valid.
                Just trying to clarify the issues

Peter
                Forgive me for asking, has anyone reported them to any of the organisations listed in these posts?
                Last edited by Seychelles; 11th April 2012, 18:28:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
                  So I take it that Richard didn't know about Cireco then Bluebottle?
                  Apparently he's known about Cireco for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Seychelles View Post
                    I think that would help lots of people including myself, I'm not even sure if I have downloaded the correct form! I'm ready to send my complaint just not sure what to say
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Forgive me for asking, has anyone reported them to any of the organisations listed in these posts?
                    CAB have active complaints being investigated by the SRA against RLP's in-house solicitor Vanessa Willett.

Producing a template for complaints to the SRA would be a good idea. However, it would depend on which part of the Solicitors' Code of Practice had been breached that would determine the content of the template. Also, complaints have to be on the SRA complaint form, which is downloaded from the SRA website.

Having reviewed the matter, a complaint to the SRA is, in my considered judgement, not appropriate at this stage. I am drafting two letters for the OP to send to RLP and Tesco.

Comment

Hi
                      Anyway

Peter
                      My gut-feeling, Peter, is that RLP's speculative invoicing, in a lot of cases, is tantamount to, if not, amounting to Fraud and Blackmail, which are criminal matters. The reason I think they try it on with civil law is because they know themselves a Justice would throw their case out on the grounds of insufficient evidence or no case to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                        My gut-feeling, Peter, is that RLP's speculative invoicing, in a lot of cases, is tantamount to, if not, amounting to Fraud and Blackmail, which are criminal matters. The reason I think they try it on with civil law is because they know themselves a Justice would throw their case out on the grounds of insufficient evidence or no case to answer.

i agree, but the question remains. THe advice was to complain to the SRA

Which aspects of the solicitors code have they breached, do you advise claimimg that their behaviour is tantamount to fraud and blackmail?

Peter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X