• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sales of Goods letter to BrightHouse and OSC, DLC - Late Payment Charge Reclaiming.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sales of Goods letter to BrightHouse and OSC, DLC - Late Payment Charge Reclaimin

It sure looks like they are trying to hide something, doesn't it, Floyd ? I reckon you'll have to threaten them with a non-compliance complaint to the ICO. It may also be worth going through whatever data they FINALLY come up with to see if they have been a bit....erm....creative with it !!! That wouldn't surprise me.

If you treat it as a case of mis-sold insurance in connection with a credit agreement, then it is essentially a PPI claim, and the FSA PPI redress rules will apply. So, we follow the FOS PPI claim procedure. This involves making the claim initially to BrightHouse as a claim for repayment of premiums paid and other losses as a result of mis-sold insurance in connection with a loan. Here is Paule's excellent guide:

PPI Notes - PLEASE READ FIRST - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Ame's post here contains the FOS links:

PPI claims through the FOS - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

I always suggest that in your preliminary claim letter, do NOT be specific about any reasons for mis-selling, or amounts being claimed. See what their response is, and focus on that. Check Paule's list of reasons for mis-selling, and 'tick' as many reasons as you think apply to your claim - but keep this for your own reference, and do NOT send it to the lender or the FOS.

You may also be asked to fill in and return a FOS 'Consumer Questionnaire.' This is produced by the FOS, and is available in one of Ame's links in her post. Be careful about your answers to this, and don't give them any ammunition. But be honest, but don't say more than is necessary. Keep a copy of this, as you may need to send the FOS this later. Eventually, if they do not settle the complaint, they should issue a 'Final Response' letter. This is when you can then refer the claim to the FOS.

It's a slow process, but a lot safer than going to Court, and - as you say - it clearly shows you have observed pre-action protocol entirely.

Comment

Re: Sales of Goods letter to BrightHouse and OSC, DLC - Late Payment Charge Reclaimin

Hi I have purchased a fridge freezer from BH abd I have just finished paying for the item and it is not working properly now can anyone offer help or guidance on this matter please I would be great full

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Hi & welcome

How long have you had it for?

Was there a written guarantee?

The law has recently changed to provide greater protection for the consumer.
        Could you give us a bit more info?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi it was a qr item i have had the item for 12 months or there abouts and I'd have to dig the agreement out to see about warranty. I finished the payments before Christmas as to free money after the Christmas expense we had not had a issue with the item till yesterday when it seemed to be room temp constantly I tried pushing the temp buttons to see if they would lower the temp but they never did anything and now the fridge temp buttons have gone inside abit now but I can control the temperature still but I was wondering if there is anything else I can do if they won't do anything for me or am I stuck

Thanks

Andy

- - - Updated - - -

Also thanks for replying to my post

Thanks again

Andy

Comment

Do they (BH) still charge Optional Service Cover? (it's been some years since I have looked at BH)

If so, were you told definitely that it is optional, or were you coerced into buying it as part of the package?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Think they said it's all included in the Weekley payments sure that's what they said will have to dig out paperwork n see as they have rhe 5 star thing now not sure if it's rhe same

Thanks

Andy

Comment

If you could pinpoint the date of purchase, it would be advantageous.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I'll find paper work and let you know ASAP Thanks for replying to my question and beyond thank you again will get date ASAP I'm disabled so my partner will get it in the morning thanks again

Thanks

Andy

Comment

The date executed agreement 23/01/2015 but they saying as I payed up on the 23/12/2015 the item is no longer covered by BH and I have to sort it now myself is this right ??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X