• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Freind beng chased for large CSA debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freind beng chased for large CSA debt

Wonder if anyone could offer any help or advice on a huge CSA debt that my friend owes to the CSA.

He received this letter below a few days ago. In Jan 2012 he had an appeal about the huge amount owed but he did not win the appeal. However the CSA lady that attended was very nice and advised my friend that as h was on very low earnings it was alright for him to start paying £6.50 a week .....this is what the CSA originally agreed that he could pay off each week and no action would be atken.

Then on 25 Feb my freind received a letter from the CSA asking him to contact them...but he misplaced the letter and only found it again last week. He did not contact them when they asked...buried his head in the sand I guess...and now he has received a letter from Rossandales saying that they would be attending his property to remove goods if he does not pay in full within 7 days.

I know no one has that kind money just lying around so paying in full is out of this world...and my friend lives with his mum & dad who are pensioners and received disability allowance. My friend does not own any property or belongings to Rossandales to come and take....so there is no point them attending...plus his mum would never allow them entry as it is her house and he does not own nothing there.

Rossandales do not want my friend to contact the CSA again and he must go through them....I was wandering whether he shoudl just start payments to the CSA direct...and ignore this letter he has received...but don't really know what to advise as it is quite complicated.

Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance to all.
    Tags: None

Re: Freind beng chased for large CSA debt

I suppose the first question is - Did he pay the weekly amounts of £6.50?
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I am afraid he did not teaboy......I know he has bought it all on himself and sometimes I just ask myself why he buried his head underground for so long....he has been suffering severe mental depression for many years and has been looking after his parents who are both disabled so that was a lot and still is a lot of stress on him plus he has a very bad thyroid problem.

I also know that the CSA do not take any of these in to consideration...and as matters have progressed so far...mostly because of my friends not replying on time attitude...I am at a loss as to what to help and say to him...and would appreciate any help on this matter from anyone please?

Comment

Have Rossendales got a Warrant of Execution? The last case I heard of certificated scumbags trying to use a LO as a WoE, resulted in a police officer inserting the toe of their boot into a certain part of the bailiff's anatomy. Your friend is also classed as "Vulnerable" under national guidelines for enforcement agents. If Rossendales ignore this, both they and the CSA could be stirring up a hornet's nest and come in for serious grief legally.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks bluebottle....as far as I know no they have not ....and last paperwork from CSA was that they had obtained a liability order...no paperwork or evidence of a warrant of execution. Even if they did they would get F all as it is owned by his parents....and he has nothing apart from his clothes there...

Comment

For what its worth i would suggest contacting the police informing them that bailiffs are calling at his disabled parents house and everything thee belongs to them and he is worried they may be distressedby the visit i would als email the bailiffs and tell them he has nothing they can remove

Comment

Thanks wales01man.....I have told my freinds mum that if Rossandales to turn up...then she should not allow them in and tell them that her son has no belongings there for them to take...and if they do not listen she should call the police. She said she would...and I did feel sorry for her when I was telling her this as everytime the door rings now she thinks its them...and it is not good to be living in a panic having this news in your head.

I will tell my friend to write a letter to Rossandales tonight and send it recorded delivery tomorrow...unless the post office is shut due to easter...will have to be Tuesday...and advise them that he does not own anything and outline that both his parents are old and disabled and if they come and harrass them then he will complain against them.

This way it will be in writing and they will have no excuse as he would have advised him of his circumstances in advance...probabaly good to send a copy of that letter by email to.

Thanks for that!!

Comment

i know its an odd question to ask, but if he has a mental illness can MIND not help him with the CSA? i know they have advisors to help with benefits etc, they helped me when i was threatened with disciplinary due to PTSD (i lost it with a customer close to being diagonosed). it might be worth a call to them, theres no shame in it at all and they might be able to get both off his back!

Comment

Thanks PF and no not an odd question....thing is he has been feeling much better now for the past 6 months which is good......not taking any more medication and generally been good...but this problem with the CSA as anyone knows will never go away unless it is sorted one way or the other other..Thanks for your input....

Comment

maybe they can advise that if this pressure continues that he will relapse!
                    Also, speak with your local police station as they help elderly people with security in their own homes etc, explain that the old lady is scared in her own home and ask for advice.

Comment

Apologies for being intrusive but the amount owed on the letter is quite frankly massive.

Over what duration was this incurred?

The CSA can be extremely inconsiderate but in addition they can be very inaccurate with adjustments. I am unsure of what he can do in regards to the recovery letter but in regards to the CSA he needs to call them and speak to a centre manager. He will need to verify his personal circumstances from the beggining of the duration in question and then work through an up to date budgeting form which will clearly reflect the amounts will/ will not be able to pay.

At a rate of £6.50 per week it would take 100 years+ to pay back the outstanding amount hence the attempts to seize goods ect. If he can provide a reasonable justification and scope for increased future payments they have no choice but to be more reasonable. For example: If he now has his child overnight at his property a seizure of property would be an inappropriate course of action (plus imagine the headlines, childs home seizes as parent couldnt afford CSA payments)

I wish him luck, hopefully he will take reasonable steps so that if progressions are made he can be seem to have been cooperating and reasonable.

Comment

quick one for blue bottle

WHAT IS THIS WARRANT OF EXECUTION when they allready have a liability order issued through the magistrates court

i was of the understanding the liability order on its own is enough for a baliff to enforce, the same as a council tax liability order

please enlighten me on this one

many thanks
                        Last edited by miliitant; 21st April 2012, 10:21:AM.

Comment

I am puzzled as to why the CSA havent applied for an attachment of earnings order,and why they have let it get to this ridiculous amount
                          The CSA are legalised criminals as far as i am concerned, better not get started or i will rant ,
                          I have been reading up on CSA forums what to do and how to complain,
                          There is the ICE which is the Independant Examiner,who you can take complaints to if they are not resolved with the CSA
                          I would take the advice offered above and not let the baliffs in, and if they turn up ring the police,as your friend has nothing of his own for them to take

Comment

Been so busy with dealing with my own matters....so did not have much time to update on this thread and reply.

Well the latest is that my friend wrote off a few letters to Rossendales saying that they should not be harrassing his mother with threats of coming to the property....and wrote saying that he would start paying the £6.50 that the CSA agreed that he could pay approx a year ago.

Well alot has been going on with my friend and his dad has just had major heart surgery and his mum has also had a turn for the worse but my freinds freind has offered him a part time job in his computer job....which will pay approx £75 - £80 a week part time.

My friend has however received a letter from Rossendales dated the 7 June 2012 advising him that his case has been referred back to their clients CMEC Midlands and to please make sure that any future payments or enquiries are made directly to them.

Now my friend is opening up a bank account on Monday and hopefully with the pay he gets he wants to set up a DD or SO with the CSA so they can deduct payments of £6.50 from there...but he is very worried now that as Rossendales have passed the debt back to the CSA that they might apply to put him in prison. I really do not know what to advise or what to say and would appreciate any further help in this matter please.

He has nothing to hide...just had so much bad luck for so many years....but I now believe that he really wants to sort this out but is very scared to contact the CSA now...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X