• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Suspended pending hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suspended pending hearing

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
    I think point 2 is where the focus should come but I think that there should be some contrition on your part in that you accept that in hindsight that it was a mistake to have asked a friend of yours to witness the signature based on the fact that he had had to make repeated visits to branch to sign forms and that it was clear that he was vulnerable. Your record is important in that there are x number of years with no complaint whatsoever. Furthermore it was one lapse and that clearly you were not fully aware of the breach.
    I think you need to speak to your rep BUT at the same time you NEED to prepare for the worst and get your CV up to date in case of worst case scenario of sacking which is not the end of the world.
    Try not to be too critical of the training but have any evidence where it was stated you needed further training which at the time of the breach was incomplete.
    Hope that helps
    It does. Thanks

I have prepared for the worst by updating my CV and applied for a few other jobs from a contingency point of view.

Comment

Re: Suspended pending hearing

So the hearing was today and I need some further advice. The decision has been 'deferred' until tomorrow.

My union rep accompanied me and he has some concerns. They are

- we were interrupted as the room was only booked for one hour and this was very unsettling
      - the char didnt seem interested in what I had to say
      - he barely looked at my evidence and simply put it in a pile next to him
      - he said "ive got no idea what im doing here, this is way beyond me, i havnt got a clue'
      - he also referred to "other documents" I would have signed. He was, I think, referring to other internal documents which I may have completed online to do with ensuring all information is correct and so on.
      - these 'other things' I would have signed/completed on-line were not part of the investigation report and therefore cannot be used
      - the only question the chair asked my line manager, who was brining the case against me, was around the implication on the customer - I then questioned my line manager and said "have you spoken to compliance - what have they said?". My manager said "i was told that what you have done wrong has not affected the customer - I have an email confirming this"
      - the chair didnt take an information about this, who my manager had spoken to, the content of the email and so on
      - the chair didnt ask me any questions and kept looking at his watch. His demeanour was that he was very nervous and didnt really care what I had to say
      - he says he will ring be before COB today to arrange a time for me to see him tomorrow (ive not yet had the call, but it isnt 5pm yet)
      - im now really worried that he wont relay my case to this person he is going to "confide in" and it wont be a fair outcome
      - my union rep was disgusted. He said if i dont get the right outcome tomorrow (final written warning) I should appeal and also raise a grievance against the chair for not following the process
      - the chair didnt let me sum up

What are your thoughts on this?? any help much appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X