• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help with ex-employer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with ex-employer

Hi again,

From what you say of the interview, I can fully understand you bursting into tears at the end. It is a very stressful experience. What you probably had was a stress attack.

Also, I think it is blindingly obvious that your former employer has had a visit, can't explain certain payments and receipts and is trying to deflect attention away from themselves by pointing a finger at you. It is an offence under Section 5(2), Criminal Law Act 1967 to make a false report that a crime has been committed. However, having now heard your side of the story, it would not surprise me if the police have sent the file, along with their report, to the CPS with a comment about a possible false report. If this has happened, the matter has to be referred to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP). This is a legal requirement under Section 5(3), Criminal Law Act 1967. In the course of the next few weeks, it is likely you will receive a letter from your local police force advising you of the CPS's decision. I would be very surprised indeed if a direction to proceed was given. I think it more likely that No Further Action or No Case is going to be the outcome. Let us know what transpires.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks for the change Celestine :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Absolute pleasure x

much nicer name lol!!
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

*Ahem*

The 'edit' buttons appear to be missing from the bottom of my posts.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            *Ahem*

The 'edit' buttons appear to be missing from the bottom of my posts.
            Fine at my end.
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hi Guiness, the cavalary arrived in the shape of Bluebottle.
              The folks here are always a source of support should you need. It's a bad world out there right now, try not to fret too much. I'm sure Bluebottle will concur with the fact that the police are pretty good at what they do and have a great sense of instinct about people so interviewing you would have told them a lot.

Stay calm and know that on LB your problems are shared.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowcat View Post
                Hi Guiness, the cavalary arrived in the shape of Bluebottle.
                The folks here are always a source of support should you need. It's a bad world out there right now, try not to fret too much. I'm sure Bluebottle will concur with the fact that the police are pretty good at what they do and have a great sense of instinct about people so interviewing you would have told them a lot.

Stay calm and know that on LB your problems are shared.
                You're making me blush, Shadowcat!

Comment

Thanks Shadowcat yes indeed blubottle has made me a bit less anxious, just wish I could sleep away the next few weeks till I hear.

Comment

go buy yourself some chamomile teas, some lavender bath soak and some horlicks... sleepytime gaurenteed! think baby.. hot bath, hot drink, warm bed!!!

and let us know how you go

Comment

Just to let you guys know, I have been advised today that no further action is being taken, she may try the civil recovery route I have been advised, but a huge huge weight has been lifted!!!!

Thank you to all that gave their advice

Comment

Originally posted by Guiness76 View Post
                        Just to let you guys know, I have been advised today that no further action is being taken, she may try the civil recovery route I have been advised, but a huge huge weight has been lifted!!!!

Thank you to all that gave their advice
                        Personally, I would suggest a counter claim for defamation of character, but im delighted you have had that weight off your back!

Comment

Wonderful news! I had a feeling, after you explained the circumstances, that the matter would be NFA (No Further Action). As regards your former employer, I would be inclined to contact Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to check she has paid your Employee's National Insurance Contribution, as your entitlement to benefits could be affected if she hasn't. Whilst on the phone to HMRC, mention about her actions and see what they say. I have a feeling they will ask you for her details. If they do, you can bet your bottom dollar she'll be receiving a visit from them. And you don't argue with or p*ss off HMRC officers. I wouldn't worry to much about your former employer going down the civil recovery route. She would be very foolish to pursue this course of action, having been proven unreliable by the police and CPS. And if she has HMRC on her back, the likes of RLP can be told to p*ss up their kilt.

Comment

So pleased for you. I think we could all see from the outside things may well go your way but when you are the one in the middle of a bad situation, you can't always see how things look.

Well done

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X