• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

i need information from a private company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i need information from a private company

There is now a body that deals with passenger transport issues. The organisation is called Passenger Focus and their website is at Passenger Focus - Putting Passengers First

You could give them a try and see if they can help. Incidentally, guys, there is a question as to whether the coach driver had sufficient drive-time available when he started the journey, i.e. did the coach company send him out without checking whether he had sufficient drive-time for the outward and return journeys.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

thanks for all your interest

to answer all your questions -

i made payment to eurosun the coach company

i know the driver had every right to take a break but you are forgetting he could have offered to take me to ikea after his break he just wasnt interested . i asked several times but just totally refused

i think my best bet is to go for breach of contract because when i asked to go to ikea by taking my money they agreed to take me by not taking me they breached that contract and i have the paper work to prove this

the coach company eurosun is the trip provider isnt it?

thanks bluebottle i will check out passenger focus

bambisoloved

Comment

Bambi,
        When I get to my computer later on, I will try and find Eurosun's T&Cs. While I understand fully what you're saying, I can't help thinking you would still get further pursuing your complaint with them.

If they don't resolve things to your satisfaction, it only serves to strengthen any legal case for breach of contract. Normally it wod be expected you had given the company chance to put things right first.

Again, only my opinion, but I have worked with the area of business a bit.

Comment

Did some digging an found this on the conditions of carraige, there is only one site for Eurosun I can find.. so im assuming the C.O.C are the same no matter what.

4. Driver’s hours and rest periods – The hours agreed with the Company for the operation of any hire(s) must be observed (other than in the case of serious emergency or diversion) so that current regulations governing driver’s hours and rest periods may be complied with. The company reserves the right to curtail or otherwise alter any hire, which does not comply with the relevant regulations.

Unfortunatly when you use any public service (train/bus/coach) you agree to the C.O.C as soon as you agree to purchase the ticket, therefore as it says they reserve the right to curtail the journey... theres not a great deal that a court can do.

The only thing I can think of is a formal complaint about the driver himself, and that would be his behaviour only. Unless you can obtain written proof that he refused to go to Ikea ou of pure bloody mindedness... He could say he gave you a 45min timescale and you decided to go by cab, or that due to the little one getting scared and upset you decided that a cab was the best idea.

HATE being the bearer of bad news.. but tbh I had a feeling this was gonna be his word against yours.

Comment

I have read this thread from the start and my gut feeling would be forget about any claim trying to get any info from the company would be near impossible i would think and just reading the t&cs they have a defence,
            Throughing good money away on a court case would be a mistake i feel its a no win in my opinion as a layman
            Please remember this is only my opinion and im not legally train or qualified in any way

Comment

dear all

ok so even if eurosun has a defence they still broke their contract with me and if they were a decent company they would compensate me
              i made a complaint to eurosuns manager via letter [ i dont know his email address ] 3 times once by recorded dilivery and i got no reply at all
              thats why i have no alternative but to go to small claimes court
              i am hoping they wont turn up and i will win that way
              or failing that go on watchdog and get one of their camara crew chasing mr o down the street shouting for gods sake give her her money back lol

bambisoloved

Comment

Eurosun seems to be the trading style of

NORTH QUAY SERVICES LIMITED
                23 REGENT ROAD
                LOWESTOFT
                SUFFOLK
                NR32 1PA
                Company No. 02927712

Current Directors

Mr Philip John Overy
                Mr Timothy Paul Overy
                Mr Jack Henry Overy
                (Click these links)

Date of Incorporation: 11/05/1994

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
                Company Type: Private Limited Company
                Nature of Business (SIC):
                6023 - Other passenger land transport
                Accounting Reference Date: 30/06
                Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/06/2010 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
                Next Accounts Due: 31/03/2012 OVERDUE
                Last Return Made Up To: 11/05/2011
                Next Return Due: 08/06/2012
                Last Members List: 11/05/2011
                Previous Names: No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years. UK Establishment Details There are no UK Establishments associated with this company. Oversea Company Info There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

But I can't find anything on the ICO register.

Would they be exempt?

NB - Many firms retain customers' details for marketing purposes.
                  Last edited by charitynjw; 3rd April 2012, 17:31:PM.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    But I can't find anything on the ICO register.

Would they be exempt?

NB - Many firms retain customers' details for marketing purposes.

It so happens, an extremely helpful member posted this recently:

Exemptions are possible for the following:
                    • Data controllers who only process personal information for:
                    - staff administration (including payroll);
                    - advertising, marketing and public relations (in connection with their own
                    business activity); and
                    - accounts and records.
                    • Some not-for-profit organisations.
                    • Processing personal information for personal, family or household affairs
                    (including recreational purposes).
                    • Maintenance of a public register.
                    • Processing personal information for judicial functions.
                    • Processing personal information without an automated system such
                    as a computer.

If you are exempt
                    Data controllers who are exempt from notification must still
                    comply with the other provisions of the Act.

:beagle:

See Chaz - I read your posts! lol

Comment

Hanged by my own petard!, lol

BUT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFvujknrBuE
                      Last edited by charitynjw; 3rd April 2012, 19:02:PM.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

dear labman

sorry to be ignorant of these things but you sugested making a complaint to trip provider isnt the trip provider eurosun the coach company
                        if the trip provider is different to the coach company how do i find out who the trip provider is

bambisoloved

Comment

In your case it would appear they were one and the same. It is not always the case.

I'm very surprised to hear that Eurosun themselves have not given a more positive response. That is very unusual in my experience of dealing with these companies.

The ones I used to do sub-contracted work for doing the feeders were the cheaper end of the market, but if they received complaints they usually acted to recompense the customer and also with the coach company to find out what the driver had been playing at.

Rude drivers are fairly common, and I know it's no excuse, but the fact is, anyone with a coach license can leave a job tomorrow morning and be in gainful employment by tomorrow evening again. Everywhere is crying out for them, so that's probably why they continue to get away with it.

I've just looked up the company and find they are a wholly owned subsidiary of North Quay Services Ltd run by the Overy family. I can't find any T&C's anywhere to read.

To whom did you write your letter of complaint?
                          Last edited by labman; 3rd April 2012, 22:15:PM.

Comment

dear labman

thank you for replying

i wrote to mr phillip overy
                            23 regent road
                            lowestoft
                            nr32ipa

this is the place i bought my tickets from

bambisoloved

Comment

I even managed to find the same trip you went on which clearly states to let them know which centre you want to go to. However, I failed miserably to find any T&C's.

I wonder if Mr Overy ever saw that letter, whether there's any way of finding out his personal e-mail, or whether there might be any distance in going to the local press with the face of you and a very disappointed grandaughter. I doubt they would want negative publicity as they are clearly a company serving mainly local people.

Comment

theres only one set of C.O.C Labman and its on the main Eurosun website.

Eurosun Excursion.

I've checked with a few travel agent friends of mine, and some BR ex colleuges, and they all say that if its in the C.O.C that a trip can be curtailed then all you can really hope for is an apology unless you can prove 100% that he refused to take you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X