• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

i need information from a private company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i need information from a private company

Originally posted by labman View Post
    One thing is for sure though - for all our opinions, if you decide you are going to court and that is that, we will all do our very best to help you win.

Our thoughts are for you and your pocket, but I can understand where you are coming from.
    If it comes to it, add me to the list of helpers, guys.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

still say mark it down to experience and save the money here labman!

I know you feel theres been an injustice here Bambis but the fact remains, there is NO PROOF of an injustice or a breach of contract, and you need to think of the coach companys court costs (which you could end up paying).
      Ive got nothing to do with Eurosun, never even been on a Eurosun coach, but tbh i think.. as they say up here, your flogging a dead horse on this one.

All the COCs have been adhered to on their part, you agreed to them and there are no witnesses to say he refused to take you. Sally says you can complain to ABTA (if your trip was ABTA registered only) about the service, but not about the break in contract as again, there is no proof that it happened.

Comment

dear puffrose

i know its all about proof but as well as proof wont the court also way up who is telling the truth
        what about common sense wont the court think why is this lady going to court just for this amount perhaps she is telling the truth about the driver not taking her to ikea and the driver is lying when he says he said he offered to take me after his break because it makes sense that i would only go to this amount of trouble if i was telling the truth
        does the court have this much discretion
        or have i been watching too much jude judy

bambisoloved

Comment

If only that were so, bambisoloved.

Unfortunately, when it comes to court, 'evidence is king'.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

far too much judge judy unfortunatly!!

In a court of law, they will need fact, you bought a ticket from X to Y, on the way there, the driver quite rightly took a PNB (Personal Needs Break). that much can be proved. on the conditions of carraige (again checkable) it says the trip can be curtailed if the hours have run out. Now we get in to the he said she said..

you say he refused to take you further.. we know thats true as you said it is, however the judge will want evidence.
            if the driver/company solicitor say well actually, the customer was told the journey would continue after the break.. then they have a defence AND the coc in their favour.

ALSO if the driver was to say (and im not saying you were but i have heard it used in defence of a railway gaurd.. and the company won) that you were abusive/threatening/insulting towards him.. you havent got a leg to stand on and there is no proof that you werent.. again im not suggesting you WERE abusive in any way but its a well used defence in these circumstances.

People have taken people to court for a dog peeing in their garden so the reason you are doing it wont interest the judge, just the evidence.

Personally i think a court case is a waste of your own money as there is literally no evidence that the contract was broken. The tachos wont help in this evidence as the judge wont be able to tell where the driver was when he took the break, just the time and length of time he took.. and if his hours ended after his break and he didnt move... theres not a thing the judge can do as it would be illegal for the driver to move one inch.

We know that he didnt but the driver could say he took his break in Ikea, there is no proof he didnt.

Comment

Indeed, evidence and proof is all that matters. That is why I said what I did early this morning. I stand by that comment.

However, I also stand by my comment that if Bambi does decide to go to court we'll help her as much as we can.

Comment

yeh we will support you bambi, and i dont mean to sound negative, I am just trying to point out the facts and dangers of the court case scenario.. if you want to do the court case side of things, i will get you as much industry info as possible.

and Sally says the first point of call is ABTA if they are ABTA registered.

Comment

dear all

this has been on my mind all day
                  yes i am 99% convinced you are all right but
                  just one more thing
                  their were other passengers on the bus they all heard what the driver said to me and what i said to him if i could get hold of their names and contact them to act as a witness
                  could this be done then it wouldnt be a case of he said she said

bambisoloved

Comment

i will find out if you can get the info.. but to be honest i dont think you can....

Tame Travel Agent Friend to the rescue!!!

Comment

I fear the Data Protection Act would stop them being able to reveal names of any third parties. Whether disclosure could be forced I do not know.

Comment

Sally says there is no way that a coach company can disclose information of travellers without their permission due to DPA.

The only time this can be done is in case of a medical emergency when a disclosed illness can be told to medical crew only.

The only way you can get this information is to be given it by the person themselves.

sorry love..

Comment

thank you all for trying anyway

i should have thought at the time to ask some of the passengers but i was so upset at the time
                          thank you all for your patients and honesty
                          the brutal truth of the whole issue has just hit me -
                          that i cant do anthing to force this company to do the right thing
                          oh well at least i tried -
                          with your help of course

i have one last thing to try
                          i will let you know if its succsessful

bambisoloved

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X