• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

wrongful Act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrongful Act

First of all nice site'just like to say sorry for all my spelling
    mistakes not very good at this sort of thing..Iv had 3 RLP
    letters from the 14 of Feb about the savers store..it says
    wrongful Act causing loss to our client

I went into savers to buy something'i have bought it a few times in the past
    when i got to the shelf i took the front box and a few fell onto the floor.
    i put back so i took one from the back of the shelf there was a couple of boxe's
    open and the goods where all over the shelf'i took a box from the back as
    didn't want to knock them over again'then walked to the till and queued up
    payed for my goods and left. Then someone asked me to go to the office and asked
    why he said there is something in your hand' i said what are you talking about'
    we went into the back of the shop where all the staff where and said i'v got you
    on cctv taking a capsule from the shelf and waliking out the store with it' anyway
    no capsule found in my hand' he said iv got it all on cctv which he didn't show
    it to me. I had credit cards £340 in my wallet 'he asked me for
    my receipt and my goods'he opend the box and it had a extra capsule tablet'
    in it.He said it was stealing i am very upset and very'very angry for
    getting told i was a thief'the manager didn't say anything to me she was
    there for 2 min and went'why didn't they get the police cause he said he had
    it on cctv me putting this thing in my hand and watched me all the way till i
    left the shop'so in that case it will be on camara me taking the capsule from my
    then open'n up the box and putting it inside' close'n it then giving it to the lady
    I cant understand why he didn't call the police as i didn't admit to taken it and
    he didn't show me any evidence of me taken it..ie...cctv..if you look at the footage
    it will show me take'n nothing from the shelf apart from the box i bought.never
    been so embarrassed in my life'i never stole a thing in my life.its a Disgrace'
    not taken me into a office to sort it out instead i was put one set of swing
    doors where the staff where in and out looking at me like i was a thief'and i
    couldn't wait to get out the store cause of the embarrassment.he also said
    i was banned from all savers stores...the manager said to me im going to look
    at the cctv footage and i will be back' she never returned...WHY..With all the
    staff there'that not right..I am disabled and dont go out much only went down
    to get the wife a valentine card and was going to take her out for a meal plus
    it was my birthday..not got a criminal record..iv had 3 letters asking for £87.50
    for losses..what losses..i have not sent them any money cause i have not
    done any wrong..sorry cant post the letters up as not got a scanner..once
    again sorry for the mess of this thread iv done..Thanks ..tom..

Ps i would love to stick the letters up but not got a clue
    about pc'..etc..maybe someone can clean my post up a bit.
    Thankyou for taking the time to read this..if it make's any
    sense to you..ment to say the item was a Dental repair kit
    cost £3 something.And i did not sign any paperwork or admit
    to anything 'didn't give my phone number'think he scribbled
    done my visa card details for proof it was me'which i think
    he had no right doing that as the information about my bank
    ''etc''is personal to me only'i ''think''
    Last edited by fitzy123; 30th March 2012, 16:42:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: wrongful Act

Hi fitzy123

If the police weren't involved, you will not get a criminal record.
    It is a civil matter, & RLP are not liked very much on here.
    Have a read of some of the other threads on this section of the forum; in particular
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=19243 &
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=33302

& this is from Citizens Advice Bureau
    http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/press_20101206
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi fitzy123

If the police weren't involved, you will not get a criminal record.
      It is a civil matter, & RLP are not liked very much on here.
      Have a read of some of the other threads on this section of the forum; in particular
      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=19243 &
      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=33302

& this is from Citizens Advice Bureau
      http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/press_20101206

Thankyou for the reply' someone called Clever Clogs is going
      to scan my 3 letters and hopefully get them up for you all to see.
      Iv been about for a few weeks now'only just decided to post'
      epically now i got the 3rd letter.

Comment

Hello again just gone through the link about Citizens Advice Bureau
        it says

RLP have confirmed that it has never successfully litigated a fully contested county court claim in respect of an unpaid demand.

Its now 2012'wonder if there is a update to this now

Comment

What the store manager and RLP are doing in this case may well amount to a criminal offence, as well as discrimination under the Equality Act 2010.

Could you please answer the following questions -

For what reason didn't the manager call the police?
          What evidence did the manager offer to corroborate her allegations?
          Why didn't she allow you to see the alleged CCTV evidence they are supposed to have?

Once you have answered these questions, it should be clearer what action needs to be taken.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            What the store manager and RLP are doing in this case may well amount to a criminal offence, as well as discrimination under the Equality Act 2010.

Could you please answer the following questions -

Why didn't she allow you to see the alleged CCTV evidence they are supposed to have?

Once you have answered these questions, it should be clearer what action needs to be taken.

oops sorry il try again

Comment

Thank you for your reply..

Code:
              Not got a clue why they didn't call the police'

Code:
              The undercover store detective said he see me pick something of
              the shelf and said it was on cctv'when he stopped me at the door
              he said can you come to the office got to speak to you about
              something'when out the back he said show me your hands and
              i did he said where is it i said where is what he said you had something
              in your hand when you left the store'i said what'by me saying that he didn't
              know what to say'gave him what i bought with the receipt'he opened
              the box and said there is 3 capsules in the box there should be only 2.
              My wife bought the item many times in the past and sometimes she had to
              go back cause things where missing out of the box'and sometimes there has
              been extra ones in there to..its like getting out of the store with a loaf of
              bread instead of 12 slices there was 13....dont know why the police
              wasn't called..

Code:
                Why didn't she allow you to see the alleged CCTV evidence they are supposed to have
              The bloke said i had something in my hand'he must have thought i
              opened up the box wile i was waiting at the till and put it in there then
              closed the box up then payed for it..he said its on cctv then the lady
              said she would be back in a min she was going to check it'5 mins
              passed she come back and dit not mention one thing about the footage
              then said you can go'whn i went out the store a police man and one of them
              community police was outside the shop'why didn't the bloke say to the police
              about it..il tell you why'there isn't any cctv on me doing any wrong..he has
              just assumed i was up to no good..the capsule is not any good without
              the other thing with it'you have got to mix them together for a putty..
              Why didn't he show me the footage and call the police:confused2::confused2:

Comment

Ignore RLP its nothing but speculative invoicing, they would not stand a chance in court hence why they have never successfully litigated anyone, in fact i not heard of them ever taking anyone to court despite their claims to the contary.
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Hi fitzy,

Personally, I would take Teaboy's wise advise & ignore the RLP letter.
                  But Bluebottle is also spot on - these 'loss prevention' parasites are duping the gullible into making payments which are unfounded - thus feathering their own nests.
                  If you have any further problems with them, just post it on here - there are enough folk on here who would be only too pleased to assist you in informing RLP exactly where they can lodge their speculative invoice.

As for the shop, if you are indignant about how you were treated, why not demand a copy of the CCTV footage - you can do so by submitting a Subject Access Request - it will cost you £10.
                  Most shops keep their CCTV records for about a month.
                  You can find a SAR here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=21788
                  Just tweak it to read 'CCTV footage of approx xx;xx time, aa/bb/cc date'
                  Last edited by charitynjw; 31st March 2012, 07:46:AM.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    Hi fitzy,

Personally, I would take Teaboy's wise advise & ignore the RLP letter.
                    But Bluebottle is also spot on - these 'loss prevention' parasites are duping the gullible into making payments which are unfounded - thus feathering their own nests.
                    If you have any further problems with them, just post it on here - there are enough folk on here who would be only too pleased to assist you in informing RLP exactly where they can lodge their speculative invoice.

As for the shop, if you are indignant about how you were treated, why not demand a copy of the CCTV footage - you can do so by submitting a Subject Access Request - it will cost you £10.
                    Most shops keep their CCTV records for about a month.
                    You can find a SAR here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=21788
                    Just tweak it to read 'CCTV footage of approx xx;xx time, aa/bb/cc date'
                    Excellent advice, Charity.

Unfortunately, corporate paranoia is reaching the point where it is getting out of control and this is just another example of it. I am particularly concerned by the fact they have targeted someone with a disability. Having worked with the disabled and elderly, professionally and on a voluntary basis, over the last 35 years, and having a disability myself, it makes my blood boil when this sort of thing happens.

When you have the CCTV footage and have studied it, come back onto this thread, describe what, evidence, if any, there is of you allegedly taking something and we'll see if you need any further help.

If you receive any further "correspondence" from RLP in the meantime, don't panic. They're full of something brown and foul-smelling... just like the scum who use them to blackmail members of the public.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

If you receive any further "correspondence" from RLP in the meantime, don't panic. They're full of something brown and foul-smelling... just like the scum who use them to blackmail members of the public.
                      Do you mean that they are cerebrally constipated?

Comment

Excellent advice, Charity.

Unfortunately, corporate paranoia is reaching the point where it is getting out of control and this is just another example of it. I am particularly concerned by the fact they have targeted someone with a disability. Having worked with the disabled and elderly, professionally and on a voluntary basis, over the last 35 years, and having a disability myself, it makes my blood boil when this sort of thing happens.

When you have the CCTV footage and have studied it, come back onto this thread, describe what, evidence, if any, there is of you allegedly taking something and we'll see if you need any further help.

Blue Bottle here is one line of thinking that i have been stewing over in regards to retailers and RLP speculative invoicing and was wonder what you thoughts would be on it.

Basically as we all know RLP are in their letters demanding amounts way over the actual loss incurred by the retailer (in most cases no loss was incurred). Yet they according to most posters (and without actually seeing a copy of their letters personally) it would seem they are wording their letters to the effect that the amount they are asking for is to cover or is equal to the loss the retailer incurred. The second point is they are then threatening legal action based on the above point of amount of loss incurred in order to recover it.

Now to me, because the actual loss is significantly less than what is demanded and in most cases no actual loss has been incurred by the retailer as most victims seem to be caught as a result of honest mistake or false accusations (grounds for claim of defamation, if made in public like in the OP's case), then the letter itself is misleading as to actual loss and jusitification from the amount being demanded and false threat of legal action. Therefore i am off the view that their may be a case for fraud by misrepresentation against RLP.

What are your thoughts on that Blue bottle?

If others want to join in on this debate on my thoughts, then let the site team know so this post and any replies can be moved to their own thread in working groups section.
                        Last edited by teaboy2; 31st March 2012, 11:37:AM.
                        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

First letter from RLP (both sides) and some flim-flam from them purporting to explain how someone might be liable.

Comment

Two more letters from those spivs

Comment

in the quaint old language of yorkshire...

WHA A LOAD OF CODSWALLOP!!

you havent done anything wrong here hun, id file them under B

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X