• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye

PLEASE PLEASE post up reply it will hopefully put at ease all those who are also harrassed by these parking bully a====oles

Comment

Wales... A*******s are useful. I refer to them as PPC Muppets. Most of them look like one of The Muppets and have the brain of a rocking-horse. Come to think of it, a rocking-horse probably has more brain.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        Wales... A*******s are useful. I refer to them as PPC Muppets. Most of them look like one of The Muppets and have the brain of a rocking-horse. Come to think of it, a rocking-horse probably has more brain.
        Also, from what i've heard, a good deal less ****!

(**** = faeces)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Here is the sign on the carpark. These rant set at the entrance of the carpark they're right by the payment meters.

Comment

This is quite interesting as they are clearly storing very personal details which they say in their T&C's they will keep for 6 years, including Name, Phone Number and Credit or Debit card details, yet their company, as named in the T&C's on PayByPhone / Cashless parking services is not registered as a Data Controller with the ICO.

There is no way they are not processing personal data, and must be exchanging this data with Parking Eye.

I would have thought this was VERY naughty indeed.

Comment

Thats Interesing labman, because on my parking charge, in the small print it says: and I quote, "Parking Eye Ltd are authorised by the DVLA to process personal data, provided from the DVLA database in accordance with the DATA Protection Act 1998 and is registered with the Information Commisioner (Data Protection and Freedom of Information advice - ICO
              ) for the purpose of car park management.

Comment

Maybe I missed them, but I looked under the company name, number and website name. Still not beyond me to miss it! lol

Have a look yourself:

Register of Data Controllers - Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

Comment

Hmmm, naughty, they aren't even registered with the ICO for the purpose of car parking management. Which is wha it clearly states on the letter i recieved.

Comment

Totally naughty and totally illegal! Who's going to be first to shop them to the ICO? I wonder how they would react if the ICO hit them with the maximum FPN of £500,000? It would make the recent court judgement pale into insignificance.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by funkyphantom View Post
                      Hmmm, naughty, they aren't even registered with the ICO for the purpose of car parking management. Which is wha it clearly states on the letter i recieved.
                      ParkingEye Limited (for it is them) are registered (registration Z943106X and see attachment) with five reasons being given for their use (misuse?) of personal data.

Of those uses, the two which seem most immediately relevant are property management - which is cute, considering they do not own the property they manage and may not be applicable as this does not mention CCTV - and the detection / prosecution of offenders which, although this does mention CCTV, cannot possibly mean the registered keepers of motor vehicles because:
                      1. no offence has been committed by parking on a patch of land those numpties manage
                      2. the registered keeper of a vehicle so parked may not necessarily be the driver of the vehicle when the alleged contract was entered into

Comment

CC,

If you look at the sign, there is a website mentioned. They take the phone payments, and process them, including holding CC and Debit card details. The company mentioned in the T&C's on this website is, I think, separate to Parking Eye, and doesn't appear to hold a licence to hold this data or process it in any way.

As always, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Comment

I know - I was just clearing up one possible cause of confusion.

Comment

woohoo, i got my second letter yesterday, I feel so privileged

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                              Totally ignore everything that comes from them. They have no contract with you.
                              hi, i contested it, i sent what they were asking for reciepts and bank statement (relevant page only) showing that i WAS shopping and they still replied unsuccessful and so i sent a letter saying how tell me what more information you require, they just sent another letter saying i was unsuccessful and if i don't pay immediatly they will take further actions against me. this i said bring it on.

however i recieved the first letter after the pay by date so i never had a chance to pay the reduced fee amount of £60 and as i was shopping and tried to explain i have 4 young kids with me by the time you drive around find a space, park and then unload the car buggy and all and then try to traverse their buggy unfriendly car park it has already been 20 mins and as i thought 2 hrs max stay was parking only this isn't fair.

i have argued with them politely but have refused to speak again on this appeal even though they don't want to tell me any other proof they require which is very wrong.

should i forget it should i wait for a hearing or should i pay £90
                              p.s why is the government selling my details to companies and then not doing sod all to protect us from their mistakes.

Comment

should i forget it Yes

should i wait for a hearing No matter how long you wait, they will not issue a court claim so there will be no hearing

or should i pay £90 Never pay them a penny, let alone £90
                                Just ignore them from now on

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X