• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye

Yes, and any further letters.

Scroll down here for PE's letter-chain:
    Private Parking Companies' Letters, Threats Court Papers - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Comment

Originally posted by funkyphantom View Post
      So does this mean i should still ignore the fine?
      Yes, because it is not a fine.

Comment

Hehe, I was waiting for your good self Mr Clogs :P OK I trust you

Comment

However, it would be a good idea to take photographs of the signs (if any) at the car park and the conditions (if any) displayed thereon.

Was this a supermarket car park and, if it was, which supermarket was it?

Comment

I have just read the sign in a morrisons store stating the conditions under which they will charge a penalty 2 conditions stood out for me
            !,Parking in disabled bays for disabled badge holders only or penalty
            Did not say you had to display it or where
            2 the term You agree to pay a penalty
            since when can someone say what i agree to
            If by saying you agree to on a sign can i put one on my path and if you come onto my property you agree to pay me money can i penalty charge you?

like to hear peoples thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
              I have just read the sign in a morrisons store stating the conditions under which they will charge a penalty 2 conditions stood out for me
              !,Parking in disabled bays for disabled badge holders only or penalty
              Did not say you had to display it or where
              It is not necessary to see a disabled badge to know if the registered keeper of a vehicle is a person with disabilities - although the store's parking goons won't know how!

2 the term You agree to pay a penalty
              since when can someone say what i agree to
              If by saying you agree to on a sign can i put one on my path and if you come onto my property you agree to pay me money can i penalty charge you?
              No.

like to hear peoples thoughts?
              What else might one expect of a store chain the HQ of which is in Yobshire? :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Cleverclogs

thanks for your opinion you no like yorkshire by gum

My wife is disabled and she makes sure the badge is displayed id leave it in glove compartment and have a good row with parking goon but she say no
                glad im a southerner?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  However, it would be a good idea to take photographs of the signs (if any) at the car park and the conditions (if any) displayed thereon.

Was this a supermarket car park and, if it was, which supermarket was it?
                  I'll pop up tomorrow and take some pics.

Its not a supermarket carpark. I THINK its ex-NCP. I know its no excuse, but I have always gone to pick up my wife from town and waited for her on that carpark. It saves me parking on the road and, at the same time, parking on double yellow lines. At least i now know, that would be the cheaper option! as a traffic warden would have moved me on, and not charged me!
                  I didn't notice any signs, although thats not saying much, my wife says I always drive around with my head up my ass!
                  FP

Comment

my wife says I always drive around with my head up my ass!
                    Perhaps you should ask her whose head she'd prefer to see there?

Comment

Funky for your amusement (lol---got my 3rd fine last week)

xxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxxxx
                      xxxxxxxx
                      East Yorkshire
                      xxxxxxxx

3rd May 2011
                      Mr Dalton Philips
                      Chief Executive officer
                      Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC
                      Hilmore House
                      Gain Lane
                      Bradford
                      BD3 7DL

For the attention of Mr Dalton Philips-CEO Morrisons
                      Operation of the Morrisons Store in HHHHHH East Yorkshire
                      Dear Sir

I am writing direct to you as I think you ought to know what is happening at one of your stores here in East Yorkshire.
                      I live in the village of XXXXXX and we use the Morrison store located in the adjoining village of YYYYYYY almost every single day.

Since October 2010, number plate recognition cameras have been installed at the entrance and exit to the car park by the firm ParkingEye.

My wife is being harassed, yes harassed, by this firm -presumably on your behalf- for daring to take longer than 1½ hours to do our shopping on 2 separate occasions.—a draconian measure indeed-especially as she was not driving at the time.

When we do our weekly shopping, we invariably take another family relative in the car with us for their shopping, and we also do the shopping at the same time for another elderly relative.

As we have lived in this village for many years, and know lots of people, shopping within this village store has been an enjoyable experience-both under the previous owners Safeway and latterly Morrisons.

As you can see from our situation above, it is occassionally impossible to do a large ‘shop’ within 1½ hours—especially as the store is "over trading" (Tesco’s words from their current planning application to build a superstore within 1 mile of your store) with its associated peaks in demand.

Adjacent to your store’s car park (within 5 metres) is another complex where parking is allowed for 3 hours for such as:
                      · Buying a bar of soap from the chemist --3 hours allowed
                      · Collecting dry cleaning --3 hours allowed
                      · Eye-testing --3 hours allowed
                      · Choosing a carpet --3 hours allowed
                      · Collecting brochures from an estate agent --3 hours allowed
                      · Booking a holiday at travel agent --3 hours allowed
                      · Dropping off/picking youngsters up from nursery --3 hours allowed
                      I initially debated whether to use that car park, but decided against it in case your company had instructed ParkingEye to issue "Trolley Removal Notices".

So, reluctantly, we have been forced to do our large joint family "shop" at the giant Morrisons store in Anlaby , on the outskirts of Hull. As you will know from your records, this particular Morrisons does not operate any parking restrictions.

However, this is inconvenient and adding motoring costs for the round trip of around 18 miles each time.

Summarising the harassment from ParkingEye:

2 "Parking Charge Notices" £80 discounted to £50 if paid by...
                      2 "Parking Charge Notice to Owner" £80 discounted to £50 if paid by...
                      2 "Final Notices" £110 discounted to £80 if paid by .... with threats of:
                      · Commecing court proceedings via solicitors
                      · County Court Judgements & subsequent destruction of my A1 credit rating
                      · Bailiff’s removing my goods
                      Naturally, I will not, nor cannot, pay £220 for taking 50 and 59 minutes over the 1½ hours to shop in your store.

I urge you to remove the 1½ hour limitationor at least alter it to 3 hours and I also request of you to tell ParkingEye to stop this harassment of my family..

I hope that you consider this letter in the manner it was written - as a dismayed customer who is forced to incur additional expense to travel to your larger superstore.

Yours sincerely

vvvvvvvvvv

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

haha, did you get a response?

Comment

haha, did you get a response?
                          yep--but nothing after this--exc my 3rd "fine" different car

Thank you for your contacting our CEO, Dalton Philips, regarding a parking notice incurred recently at our XXXXXXX store. Mr Philips has requested that I respond on his behalf.

With increasing parking restrictions applying elsewhere in the local area we have had to introduce a car park management system to combat the number of drivers who park on our free car park, leave their car there for several hours, but then do not shop in our stores. This has resulted in our customers finding it increasingly more difficult to find a car park space. The car park is provided for shoppers to park only whilst they are shopping in our store, and we have appointed Parking Eye as our third-party contractors to manage the car park on our behalf.

However, I have copied your letter to our Property & Estates Division as all car park issues fall under its remit, and have requested that they look into the circumstances surrounding the issue of this notice. I am sure someone from that department will contact you direct very shortly.

I am very grateful that you have taken the time and trouble to bring this matter to Mr Philips’ attention.

Regards

Jane Race
                          Executive Customer Co-ordinator
                          Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc | Hilmore House | Gain Lane | Bradford | BD3 7DL

Comment

Don't Parking Eye ever learn? Tell them if they want to take another hammering for nearly £5,000, they can go ahead with court proceedings. However, it might be better to explain the finer points of Section 21, Theft Act 1968 to their senior management. The bit that says "Maximum Penalty: A Term of Imprisonment not exceeding 14 years" seems make them go quiet for some reason.

Oh, by the way, it was announced on BBC TV's "Watchdog" programme tonight that PPC OPC and its director have been fined £30,000 by a court for trying it on with motorists. Parking Eye, take note. You could be next.
                            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

c.c hun... i live in Yorkshire!!

Also, if you are in a morrisons on a disabled bay and someone complains your not disabled they do ask to see a badge, I know as my late dad had to prove his disablity, fact he was in a wheelchair had nothing to do with it at all!

Have passed the info in this thread on to Hubbys bosses.. then no one has to pay a fine to these idiots!! ty

Comment

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
                                c.c hun... i live in Yorkshire!!
                                You have my sympathies.

Wonderful scenery, though.

Also, if you are in a morrisons on a disabled bay and someone complains your not disabled they do ask to see a badge, I know as my late dad had to prove his disablity, fact he was in a wheelchair had nothing to do with it at all!
                                As I wrote above, their parking goons would not know that drivers with disabilities do not pay for their Vehicle Excise Disc or, as it is commonly (and mistakenly) called, "Road Fund Tax". Hence, the price being marked on the disc as £0.00 or "NIL" clearly indicates that it's a 'disabled' car.
                                Last edited by Celestine; 30th March 2012, 20:38:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X