• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye

Hi,
    What a wonderful month I'm having!! Im so glad I've found this website!
    Has anyone heard of 'Parking Eye'? I have just received a letter through the post with 2 pictures of my vehicle 1 entering a carpark, and 1 exiting the same car park 11 minutes later. I had sat in my car and waited for my wife to finish shopping. I now have a fine of the princely some of £90 (£60 if paid before 8th April) Ive just done a quick google search on them, and turned up threads such as this: Parking Eye - Nasty tricks - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
    Is it still true that the fine is unenforceable and I should ignore letters, and not make any contact with this company? or should I pay up quickly to avoid the extra £30 fine?
    Thanks
    FP
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye

Totally ignore everything that comes from them. They have no contract with you.

Comment

The have no legal right to fine you. They are not the police or a government department.

Kepp it safe just in case they are stupid enough to try it on,especially if it says fine on it, but you should ignore.

Dealing with from Private Parking Companies (PPCs) - FightBack Forums

Parking Eye Loses Court Case - FightBack Forums

M1

Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time out to answer. It says 'Parking Charge' on it. I haven't contacted them. The thing i can't understand, is, how do they know I didn't purchase a ticket and I just popped into town for 10 minutes?
        Thanks again
        FP

Comment

They put a Parking Charge Notice on it and make it look official in the hope you'll mistake it for a 'Penalty Charge Notice' which does need paying.

Very naughty!

Comment

Heard of parking eye, told a friend of mine to ignore them. You will receive another 2 or 3 letters asking for money so burn them or wipe your backside with them if you run out of loo roll but ultimately they will do nothing at all in spite of their threats.

My friend ultimately paid nowt, got a few more letters and never heard anymore from them, simples
            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Knowing my luck, I'll get a bailiff knocking on the door! I don't know if I've got the balls to leave it! lol
              Thanks
              FP

Comment

Originally posted by funkyphantom View Post
                Knowing my luck, I'll get a bailiff knocking on the door! I don't know if I've got the balls to leave it! lol
                Thanks
                FP
                If it is your intent to throw away £60, please pm me and I'll send you my name and address.

Comment

haha, ok, I trust you. Thanks x

Comment

Parking Eye recently had a court judgement go against them - badly. They tried to sue someone who refused to pay their "penalty charge". When it got into court, the judge struck out their £95 "penalty charge" and nearly £3,800 in solicitor's fees they tried to claim, knowing full well they were on the Small Claims track which does not allow legal fees to be claimed. OUCH! They are still smarting from it.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                        Parking Eye recently had a court judgement go against them - badly. They tried to sue someone who refused to pay their "penalty charge". When it got into court, the judge struck out their £95 "penalty charge" and nearly £3,800 in solicitor's fees they tried to claim, knowing full well they were on the Small Claims track which does not allow legal fees to be claimed. OUCH! They are still smarting from it.
                        Nearly right.

Parking Eye claimed £240 for two parking tickets. The judge reduced this to £15 on the basis that the rest of Parking Eye's claim amounted to an unenforceable penalty as it exceeded any actual losses suffered by the car park owners as a result of the parking infraction.

The judge refused to award costs of £4457.20 , agreed with the defendant that he couldn't understand why 4 lawyers were needed for a claim worth a paltry £15, but did award costs of just £95.

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
                          Nearly right.

Parking Eye claimed £240 for two parking tickets. The judge reduced this to £15 on the basis that the rest of Parking Eye's claim amounted to an unenforceable penalty as it exceeded any actual losses suffered by the car park owners as a result of the parking infraction.

The judge refused to award costs of £4457.20 , agreed with the defendant that he couldn't understand why 4 lawyers were needed for a claim worth a paltry £15, but did award costs of just £95.
                          Thanks for that, Michael. Could you post up a link to the judgement, if possible? So, Parking Eye were actually £4,587.20 out of pocket, correct? Serves them right. It sounds like the judge applied the rule of "you can't be better off than you were before".
                          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

It's county court, so there is no judgement as such available

Parking Eye lose - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

The Consumer Forums - Parking Eye penalties are ... Penalties

Comment

So does this mean i should still ignore the fine?
                              Thanks
                              FP

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X