• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Kid on the Block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kid on the Block

I just thought that by joining this forum some misconception about a variety of issues can be better publicized....mainly about bayliffs, since I am one....once you've stopped throwing stones at me
    The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained
    Tags: None

Re: New Kid on the Block

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
    I just thought that by joining this forum some misconception about a variety of issues can be better publicized....mainly about bayliffs, since I am one....once you've stopped throwing stones at me
    Stones are childs play, we just send you onto another planet, amazing what a boot can do lol

Comment

Hi, Sir Vere.

Welcome to LB.

No stone-chucking from me at the moment, lol!

Are you a CC bailiff or an HCEO?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

A big welcome to Legal Beagles Sir Vere Brayne, I love the play on words in your user name, very good.

You will find no stones cast by me as long as what you post is accurate and reflects the true picture of your job.

My first question to you, if you don't mind me asking, is your highly unusual use of the English language. You use an American spelling of 'publicized' and a very unusual spelling of 'bayliff.'

Etymologically speaking I am sure you will know from Latin at school, the word 'bailiff' actually has its origins in the Latin 'Baiulivus.' I will not patronise you by explaining the meaning of that as I suspect you may already know. If you don't, you should.

Your two contradictory uses of language interests me. Perhaps you could elaborate on the background which has led to such a bizarre command of written English? Not bailiff (or 'bayliff') related, but interesting nevertheless. The way in which one expresses oneself frequently speaks volumes about oneself.

On a totally different tack, you will be pleased to hear that you join an already active group of bailiffs, ranging from certificated bailiffs, Civilian Enforcement Officers and High Court Enforcement Officers. Should you work for the Magistrates' Court, that would be excellent as it would fill the small gap very nicely. Where do you fit in?
        Last edited by labman; 24th March 2012, 14:41:PM. Reason: Add final paragraph

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          My first question to you, if you don't mind me asking, is your highly unusual use of the English language. You use an American spelling of 'publicized' and a very unusual spelling of 'bayliff.'

Etymologically speaking I am sure you will know from Latin at school, the word 'bailiff' actually has its origins in the Latin 'Baiulivus.' I will not patronise you by explaining the meaning of that as I suspect you may already know. If you don't, you should.
          That it means "porter or carrier of burdens"? (link)

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            That it means "porter or carrier of burdens"? (link)
            Not, I would argue, the most accurate definition though I like pall bearer.
            My Classics teacher would not have approved entirely of that, though it is close. It misses the important point that the burdens are carried by someone entrusted by the law, and is then able to take those burdens, make a judgment on them and enforce that judgment.

One wonders to how many bailiffs carrying out their bailiwick this would apply? I would not dream of prejudging, I can only speak from what I experience.

Comment

I do not believe he is any variety of bailiff, but a very naughty boy.

Comment

Bailiff or naughty boy, he has, for the moment, left. I believe he has breached the National Standards for Enforcement Agents as he did not leave any indication of future costs to his being here, and despite gaining peaceful entry does not appear to have levied upon anything, so will run the risk of being arrested should he return without permission.

Comment

So many questions...so little time....I still have to work this site out, I thought I elected to be notified by email of any reply to my posts, but obviously I didn't.....doh!

Let's face LABMAN first...the others will receive the answers from reading this.....my visits to this site are not chargeable since there is nothing worth distressing.....and witty, intelligent and erudite conversations are difficult to sell at auction, but having gained peacefull entry I elect to re-enter the site at my discretion....as I have just done....not my fault you left the key in the front door lock.....if in doubt check what a Magistrates Court Warrant Officer can or cannot do.

Also, my use of the English language....I was supposed to write BAYLEAFS (I know...it should be leaves).....and as far as the American spelling.....well I am not from the Northern Hemisphere and confuse the Oxford and the Webster quite often, so you will all have to forgive this naughty boy.

I though the term bailiff was from the latin word ballivus, since we dance all the way to the bank to deposit our illicit gains.....just being contrary
                  Last edited by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge; 25th March 2012, 10:34:AM.
                  The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

You are Gruesome Gideon, late of Newlyns, and I claim the News Chronicle prize!

Comment

Hi

Speaking as someone who occaisionally has a problem with the written word i can forgive someone who has a similar problem, but even I would expect someone to be able to correctly spell their own profession.

You must understand our scepticism

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Peterbard View Post
                        Speaking as someone who occaisionally has a problem with the written word i can forgive someone who has a similar problem, but even I would expect someone to be able to correctly spell their own profession.
                        I would contend that being a bailiff or legalised bully is no more a profession than the trade plied by the most raddled, pox-ridden whore and, in a great many cases, it is rather less honourable.

As for his spelling, it may be that English is not his native language; for example, I believe there may be at least one certificated bailiff in the UK whose first language is Afrikaans.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                          I would contend that being a bailiff or legalised bully is no more a profession than the trade plied by the most raddled, pox-ridden whore and, in a great many cases, it is rather less honourable.

As for his spelling, it may be that English is not his native language; for example, I believe there may be at least one certificated bailiff in the UK whose first language is Afrikaans.
                          I think a profession is a profession honourable or not.

You could be right sbout the OP bing of foriegn origin, not sure how many debotrs would be able to make out the WPA's in Africaan.

And i think it unlikely that he hasn't even glanced at his certification and noticed the spelling.

Peter

Comment

Yes, I suppose you're right. After all where is the playground bully going to work after finishing school, if not as a bailiff bullying some of the most vulnerable members of society? Who would want to employ someone whose social skills involve intimidation to achieve their goal, besides a collection agency?

Who else would consciously decide that as a life choice theirs would be to bring more misery to the already miserable?

Comment

So many questions...so little time....I still have to work this site out, I thought I elected to be notified by email of any reply to my posts, but obviously I didn't.....doh!

Let's face LABMAN first...the others will receive the answers from reading this.....my visits to this site are not chargeable since there is nothing worth distressing.....and witty, intelligent and erudite conversations are difficult to sell at auction, but having gained peacefull entry I elect to re-enter the site at my discretion....as I have just done....not my fault you left the key in the front door lock.....if in doubt check what a Magistrates Court Warrant Officer can or cannot do.

Also, my use of the English language....I was supposed to write BAYLEAFS (I know...it should be leaves).....and as far as the American spelling.....well I am not from the Northern Hemisphere and confuse the Oxford and the Webster quite often, so you will all have to forgive this naughty boy.

I though the term bailiff was from the latin word ballivus, since we dance all the way to the bank to deposit our illicit gains.....just being contrary
                              Apologies but did you expect a warm welcome on consumer sites which generally deal with a lot of problems caused by bailiffs? Did you expect that we would, a warm welcome to a bailiff cos they are such nice people?

Enough of my warm welcome(did you get the bullet proof jacket btw cos you need it here, lol!!!

You talk about misconceptions on post 1, can you now elaborate on those misconceptions that you believe is going round and your perspective on that cos realistically, that is the reason you state you are here on LB?
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X