• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help With Remedy Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Remedy Letter

Hi to the forum...As this is my 1st post forgive me as im quite nervous about this.

I have to send a Remedy letter to my ex-employer under CMO and i am not sure
    how to go about this,or how to draft the letter or even the contents to put in.

The Background is that i have a Tribunal on June 18th and have a few days left to draft this letter to the employer,so if anyone could point me in the right direction
    i would appreciate it greatly

Thxs
    FX
    Tags: None

Re: Help With Remedy Letter

Hi FXPER,

A remedy letter is usually a brief outline of the problems, followed by an explanation of what you consider adequate to right the wrong (ie compensation for blah blah, reinstatement of employment)

There is a section on your ET1 for this - how did you answer it?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Tnx for the reply Charitynjw
      It was optional and at the time and need more time to
      think hence the post,although this morning i have compliled a schedule of loss.
      Can i enclude this or do i leave this for another time. ?

I am trying to follow the CMO to the letter and do not want the case struck out.

Tnx
      FX

Comment

Hi,

Couple of other questions, if I may.

Did you raise a grievance, & have ACAS been in touch with you since you lodged your ET claim?

EDIT
        & has the Tribunal/ former employer asked for a schedule of loss
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

1. I did raise a grievence with ex-employers. (Long Story)

2. Yes an ACAS conciliator has been in touch just to say she is waiting to hear from
          the respondent,and they have uptill 23rd to respond.

3. No my ex-employers have not asked for a schedule,but prepaired one just in case.
          But i have to send them a remedy letter by the 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by FXPER View Post
            1. I did raise a grievence with ex-employers. (Long Story) Good

2. Yes an ACAS conciliator has been in touch just to say she is waiting to hear from
            the respondent,and they have uptill 23rd to respond.
            Good

3. No my ex-employers have not asked for a schedule,but prepaired one just in case.
            But i have to send them a remedy letter by the 23rd.
            In which case, if it were me, I would just send a communication referring to the grievance & ET ref no XXXX to the employer, & copies to employer's solicitor & Case Management (for their records), stating generally that which I would consider to be fair & reasonable. (ie including, but not limited to compensation for *......&/or reinstatement.
            Then you have complied with the order.
            (* At this stage, a detailed schedule shouldn't be necessary, though you could indicate an estimate if you are confident)
            Can you email them? (The CMO should have the ET's email address)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I would just send a communication referring to the grievance & ET ref no XXXX to the employer, & copies to employer's solicitor & Case Management
              Point 1...As i refered to earlier the 23rd is the Deadline for respondent,so i have
              no address apart from the Head Office.Can i send my Remedy to them.?

Point 2 .. ACAS did inform me it would be helpful to send a copy to the ET as this
              shows you have followed procedure.

Comment

You should have an acceptable address on your ET1/their ET3
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Update..!!

Have received a response from ex-employers and they have written 2 Pages of rubbish trying to discredit me,only at the end of the response does it say the deny
                  my claim...

Is this Normal Tactics by employers to defend themselves by tryin to smear me ?..!!

It kinda funny in a warped kinda way

Comment

Is this Normal Tactics by employers to defend themselves by tryin to smear me ?
                    No.

They normally only try to "smear" their former employee.

Comment

Thanks Cleverclogs ... But i fear this could affect my ET,as my employers have not raised points of law in their defence.

Surely their attempt to discredit me could backfire on them .!!

Comment

Surely their attempt to discredit me could backfire on them .!!
                        I do sincerely hope so!

Comment

Unfortunately it is quite common for employers to try and make it appear a frivolous/vexatious claim.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Frivolous/vexatious/speculative claims are a hot topic in the Employment Law world at the moment.
                            This will give you an idea of the employers' side's tactics
                            http://www.inhouselawyer.co.uk/index...ribunal-claims

Don't react adversely to it - you'll play right into their hands!
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Its fair to say that my ex-employers stated in their response that i was AWoL for 3 Weeks in March 2011,
                              When in fact i have official paperwork clearly showing i had unpaid leave for this period,due to my mother pasing away.

Could this be used as evidence against them ?

:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                              Last edited by FXPER; 31st March 2012, 02:11:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X