• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

creditor refused offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: creditor refused offer

Am to sure Labman, i can not see a DCA asking about the cats and if Valerie cats have kittens, that is not what they are interested in. Its the money the DCA would be interested in not the cats, as they simply would not give a monkeys if she had cats or whether it was a vet bill for a cat or for an alligator (though i bet no door step agents would be sent if you had one of them lol).

I could be a legal firm fishing for infomation about the cats, or it could just be the disgruntled vet getting one of his colleagues to be a nuisance, with hoax calls etc.

Personally Valerie, i would contact your phone provider and tell them about the hoax calls, they should be able to either chase them or block them unknown or with held numbers from getting through to your phone.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by valeriej43 View Post
      I didnt need to do a 1471, the call came up private no,and the woman more or less interrogated me asked lf i had any cats with kittens, and how old the cats were, it sounded very odd,and more businesslike than personal
      My cats are from 7-16 years old
      The rest have been silent calls to my mobile no,and came up unknown
      I had thought about reporting this vet, but do the RCVS take any notice i wonder
      Valerie,

I have looked through the disciplinary findings on the RCVS website and can assure you they take the sort of behaviour your vet is engaged in, including carrying out unnecessary procedures and treatment, very seriously. It would be wise to speak to them. You can also apply to your local County Court for an injunction against the vet under Section 3, Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

BB
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks once again, i will just not answer any withheld or private no,s, i would not normally have answered that one,as the no,s show on caller display, but i picked it up without thinking or looking this time
        Can the phone company tell whos calling if the no is with held?
        I have another question about baliffs, NOT for myself should this go in a different section?

Comment

Yet again we see that someone's greed is their undoing. How many of us in the early days offered a DCA a reasonable monthly payment towards a debt only for it to be refused by a commision driven telephone threat monkey. People the panic and end up on sites like this. In most cases the creditor would have been paid. Instead they belive the crap of the DCA websites and sell the debt to them for buttonss

Comment

Thanks again for your help, i have only just seen the last post,i am going to write to the RCVS as not only did the vet want to do tests that i knew were not needed RE; the kidney failure test, but this cat after having the big operation, had 3 teeth out soon after, too soon i thought ,but he assured me she would eat better , then a few weeks later,i took her for a check up, and the vet i saw that day, said she needed some teeth out,,
            I was shocked, i said she has only just had 3 teeth out, she said oh, i didnt know
            My son also took his cat there, with a sore paw, the vet gave her antibiotics and kept the cat over night, saying if it didnt improve she might have to have it amputated,
            When my son called in ,the morning after, he found the vet had taken some teeth out ,without asking permission, and sent the cat home with more antibiotics
            I have heard lots about this vet since i stopped going there
            I dont think my cat would have died of kidney failure if she hadnt had so many medications and operations so close together, the poor thing had an ulcerated tongue after all the metacam he gave her, which in itself can cause kidney failure,
            YES i think a report to the RCVS is in order
            Last edited by valeriej43; 20th March 2012, 13:59:PM. Reason: words missed out

Comment

Not sure where to post this, but i have had a few silent phone calls from unknown or private numbers, but this no tonight is very strange and a long no
              Just wondered if anyone else has had calls from this no,it looks like a foreign one 0398009529506

Comment

Looks like new area code for Christchurch, Dorset.

Comment

039 is italy international code the rest seems to be an 0800 number 0800 9529506 same lengh as my companies 0845. the 0 in 0800 is replaced with the international code for international incoming and out going calls.
                  Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I guess by your name that's you I just found on Who Calls Me? lol

I put in the following to turn it into a normal 0800 number and it is then recognised as a Lifestyles Survey:

Comment

Originally posted by valeriej43 View Post
                      Hi, thanks again for all your help, i have rung the court again, and the court officer said it has has been referred to the court manager,as the vet refused my offer, and said he wanted £55 a month,,and i will hear by letter in the next week, that i have been ordered to pay just £8 a month, i am very pleased with that, but the vet will be furious,
                      Good.

He deserves to be.

This vet did a lot of [IMO] unnecessary tests, costing over £90, i took a cat which the bill was for and asked for a kidney failure test,as she had all the synptoms,they insisted it wasnt that,and did lots of tests, guess what,she had kidney failure,so had to be put to sleep
                      Another with a i thought a blockage with a hairball, loads more tests, a bowel disease he said, no proof, when she got a hairball up, she was fine,has been ever since
                      That vet seems to be not only greedy, he also seems remarkably inept.

Have you considered reporting him to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons? (link)

Comment

CC See post 20 and before. Lol

Comment

Thanks for the info on the phone no, ,yes i always look on who calls me if i dont recognice the no,and i dont usually answer any,but my son lives in Spain,and although he has a mobile i thought for some reason he might be using a call box, only reason i answered it,
                          Yes also, going to report this vet to RCVS ,,
                          He said i need you to pay at least £50 as i have a loan to pay, lol, not my problem

Comment

That vet should be gelded.

Comment

lol yes i agree,

Comment

if you provide an accurate budget form, it would be to your advantage to go to court, as the judge would look at your circumstances, an if you could only afford £2.50 a month, and your creditor had refused the offered amount (according to your budget sheet), the judge would have to come to the conclusion, you have offered to pay all you could afford, and considering you are showing willing to pay (i.e once you made an offer and stuck to it), the creditor will have no grounds to take matters further, and any recommendations made by the creditor would br dissmissed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X