• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

creditor refused offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creditor refused offer

Hi, i am new here,so hope i have posted in the correct place, i have been taken to court for a vet bill, which i was paying at £10 -20 a month initially, and intended to pay the balance within a few weeks when i was due some money owed to me, which i told them
    I was rung several times a week by the vets secretary saying they wanted at least £50 a month which i just couldnt afford, plus they had already put me down as a bad debtor,
    Previous to this large bill,i had always paid up front,
    Then i got a letter saying the vet had ordered baliffs to come and take goods
    I got a stay of execution and asked for it to go back to court [ apparently i had a court judgement form sent, but i dont remember it coming but had to move stuff as was redecorating] which was why it was referred to baliffs
    The court have asked the vet to accept £10 a month again,as that is all i can sfford, i am paying other debts too,
    I only have a state pension, he has refused, so it has been referred to someone else,
    I thought as long as you were paying something they had to accept it
    Please can anyone enlighten me on this
    Thank you for reading, sorry for the long post
    Tags: None

Re: creditor refused offer

If the court order you to pay just £10 a month then they can not refuse it, to do so would place them in contempt of court. Set up an account with the post office and make your £10 monthly payments into it, that way if they try saying you have failed to keep up repayments, you can show to the court you have been paying the £10 monthly amounts into the post office account as a result of the claiments refusal to accept your payments that you wanted to make as ordered to by the court.

Now when you say it has been referred to someone else, who exactly was it referred too?
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I would not worry. The court have not asked the vets to accept £10 per month, they have told the vets they must accept £10 per month, and told you, you must pay £10 per month.

It cannot be referred anywhere else, so unless it is from the court, file it safely and forget about it.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, i cant remember who the lady in the office said it has been reffered to, i am actually going to ring again this morning to ask again,
        In the meantime i have received another bill from the vets, same bill, but asking for it in full, also received some silent mobile phone calls, from an unknown no, and a call from a private no asking about my cats, it was more like an interrogation,and i know its sounds as if i paranoid, but i am convinced it was connected, it was a very business like call,and although i told the woman i didnt have time to talk as i had an appointment,she wouldnt give up,kept asking questions
        I will post again when i have rung the court office

Comment

Keep a log of all of this, and the date, time and number if possible of the calls. If it is going to get messy, you want a full paper trail to produce - stay one step ahead of them.

It's better to do the work now and not need it, than not do it and find you do need it. :beagle:

Comment

Hi, thanks again for all your help, i have rung the court again, and the court officer said it has has been referred to the court manager,as the vet refused my offer, and said he wanted £55 a month,,and i will hear by letter in the next week, that i have been ordered to pay just £8 a month, i am very pleased with that, but the vet will be furious,
            If i didnt accept it would go back to the judge for a hearing,
            This vet did a lot of [IMO] unnecessary tests, costing over £90, i took a cat which the bill was for and asked for a kidney failure test,as she had all the synptoms,they insisted it wasnt that,and did lots of tests, guess what,she had kidney failure,so had to be put to sleep
            Another with a i thought a blockage with a hairball, loads more tests, a bowel disease he said, no proof, when she got a hairball up, she was fine,has been ever since
            Anyway sorry for the rant, and thanks again
            Last edited by valeriej43; 16th March 2012, 14:13:PM. Reason: wrote something twice, confusing the post

Comment

Some vets are out purely for the money. Mine try to charge me for putting my dog on a diet - £12 per week lol!

Glad it's down to £8, serves the vets right.

Also pleased your pet has been thoroughly examined, complete with scan and a report written by the labrador who examined the animal.

You seem to have paid over the odds for the cat scan and the lab report!

Bum bum! Corny innit! lol

Comment

My thoughts exactly, it would have been paid long ago if he hadnt been so greedy, what person usually can pay £50 a month, i knew he
                would refuse my offer,
                Not many good reports from people who USED to go to him, and £12 a week for a diet for your dog, its the food they usually recommend that put weight on them in the first place,lol, they are having a laugh, my new vet even gave me a discount for paying on time

Comment

well done!Just remember to keep paying on time and keep records of any conversations /time /date/names ,etc ,so you cover yourself in case anything crops up later on regarding these payments,
                  all these details are always useful as evidence/defence if it were needed,say took back to court for some reason[remember keep these safe and don't throw them!]
                  rich in hull [not legally qualified!]

Comment

Thank you, i am going to pay by standing order,then i always have proof of payment,and i wont be likely to forget
                    I have already made a note of times and dates of phone calls, although might be nothing to do with them, just seems strange i have never had them before all this

Comment

I know some vets use DCA's, and DCA's make silent phone calls. If your vet appointed a DCA to try to collect the debt before the court action, then they may still be trying. This must be a big no no. Have you done 1471?

Comment

Valerie,

I think it might be a good idea if you reported this vet to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) as their behaviour, according to disciplinary cases I have read on the RCVS website, amounts to serious professional misconduct. The College's website is at Home - RCVS.

BB
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I didnt need to do a 1471, the call came up private no,and the woman more or less interrogated me asked lf i had any cats with kittens, and how old the cats were, it sounded very odd,and more businesslike than personal
                          My cats are from 7-16 years old
                          The rest have been silent calls to my mobile no,and came up unknown
                          I had thought about reporting this vet, but do the RCVS take any notice i wonder

Comment

If you get any more calls from someone claiming to be from the vets or a DCA then hang up. Similarly if the refuse to say who they are then hang up

Comment

I still think a DCA who has not been told to stop. Given the vet's attitude this would not be surprising.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X