• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Hey Folks. Im looking for a bit of help. A while ago i defaulted on a Vanquis CC this debt was sold onto Cabot Financial and after a few years and i had the money again i decided to clear this off!

Since then they have been awkward and wont remove the default from my credit file as its a relatively small default £450ish is there anyway to get this removed?

The problem is that its defaulted in 2009 however this is due to the debt being sold on from vanquis to Cabot the original default was probably 2 years before that. Since i have cleared it i really dont want this effecting me for another 3 and a half years.
    Last edited by Davie2909; 8th March 2012, 00:00:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help!

Sorry, but the fact is you did default and the file records that.

There is absolutely no way it can be removed until the 6 years has passed.
    They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Originally posted by basa48 View Post
      Sorry, but the fact is you did default and the file records that.

There is absolutely no way it can be removed until the 6 years has passed.
      Absolutely

The entry on the credit file as Basa says is simply a record of payment, they should mark the entry as settled though.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Peterbard View Post
        Absolutely

The entry on the credit file as Basa says is simply a record of payment, they should mark the entry as settled though.

Peter
        Its been marked as settled! Does that make any difference to my credit file or rating?

Comment

Originally posted by Davie2909 View Post
          Its been marked as settled! Does that make any difference to my credit file or rating?
          HI

Yes it does make a positive differenc. How much of a difference depends on the prospective lender and the product that you are applying for.

Having a satisfied default is no where near as good as having no default at all of course.

Peter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X