• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Pay issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay issues

My company has altered my pay banding without my knowledge or consent, which has meant that I did not receive a pay rise in October 2011.

I have tried to sort this amicably to no avail.

My job is unique and therefore it was agreed in August 2010 that I would sit in a different pay band to other people in my workplace as I hold greater responsibility. This was authorised and I have written confirmation of this from my Line Manager.

I only found out about the reduction in pay band when I did not receive a rise in October 2011.

My company have come back and said that it would be unfair to pay differing pay bands within the same business (all other staff sit in the same pay band, with different grades to reflect the differing job roles). I have raised the point that my job is not comparable to anyone elses as I have responsibility across 2 units, whereas everyone else only has responsibility for 1.

Can my company reduce my pay banding without my knowledge or consent. Although this hasn't actually reduced my pay, it has stopped it from being increased on this occasion and potentially in the future as my current rate of pay is well above the maximum limit of the band I have been reduced to.
    Tags: None

Re: Pay issues

They are not allowed to reduce your pay. I have no doubt they would argue your pay has not been reduced, but your pay band has been altered.

Are you in a union? If so, they would be a good source of information / support.

Comment

Also what does your contract say you pay band is?
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I read that your pay has not reduced , only the banding
        In effect you are the highest paid in that band(the current one).....is that correct?
        No one else is in that band.......is that correct?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X