• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

failed Probation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failed Probation

Hi there I was on a fixed term contact from Oct till March 31st

On the 29th Feb I get an email saying there will a Probation review on 01/01/12.
    I attend this and I am immediately told that you failed your probation because you failed to meet your objectives. At the end of the meeting I left the store.

Objectives were set i.e. to create training sessions in stores (I did this 1 week before), to pass mystery shops and improve on sales where possible .(although this judgement i refute) because there was very little stock I could sell, in term of laptops there were only 3 I could sell. I was selling an average of 5/6 products per week.
    I failed 2 of the 3 mystery shops, the rule is if you get a 3 strikes you’re out, so I think am fine in that. But I was told numerous factors were taken into account yet there are only 3.

Now do I have a claim, for unfair dismissal? Or for any sort of claim Please help me people am really worried.
    Tags: None

Re: failed Probation

Originally posted by mazzya View Post
    Hi there I was on a fixed term contact from Oct till March 31st

On the 29th Feb I get an email saying there will a Probation review on 01/01/12.
    I attend this and I am immediately told that you failed your probation because you failed to meet your objectives. At the end of the meeting I left the store.

Objectives were set i.e. to create training sessions in stores (I did this 1 week before), to pass mystery shops and improve on sales where possible .(although this judgement i refute) because there was very little stock I could sell, in term of laptops there were only 3 I could sell. I was selling an average of 5/6 products per week.
    I failed 2 of the 3 mystery shops, the rule is if you get a 3 strikes you’re out, so I think am fine in that. But I was told numerous factors were taken into account yet there are only 3.

Now do I have a claim, for unfair dismissal? Or for any sort of claim Please help me people am really worried.
    Hello Mazzya and welcome to Legal Beagles.

The issues you have posted fall within the scope of Employment Law and, therefore, need to be dealt with by someone who is familiar with its various quirks. If you have a Law Centre near to where you live, they can provide you with free legal advice about the issues you raise. Go to Law Centres for the location of your nearest Law Centre.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi mazzya,

There is some info here re fixed term contracts

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...kers/DG_175138
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

thanks very muich for the infomation.

Comment

Guys I have appelaed the decsion, I have a meeting on Friday at Comet, lets hope I come out on the top

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X