• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax overdraft fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax overdraft fees

i had a current account with Halifax bank..... which had an arranged overdraft, i did go into an unauthorised overdraft which resulted in the fees and daily charges, things spiraled out of control fast and before long i was hundreds of pounds overdrawn mainly due to the hefty charges and fees, the account was put in the hands of a solicitor for halifax, who set up a repayment plan, i have been doing this without fail since september last year and still have a large sum outstanding. im sure i have repaid the arranged overdraft and unarranged overdraft by now.
    would it be fair to ask for the amount to be reduced in terms of charges being lifted,
    ive never done anything like this before but my financial circumstances have change suddenly and i will struggle to carry on paying this
    thanks in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Halifax overdraft fees

Originally posted by mumonamission View Post
    i had a current account with Halifax bank..... which had an arranged overdraft, i did go into an unauthorised overdraft which resulted in the fees and daily charges, things spiraled out of control fast and before long i was hundreds of pounds overdrawn mainly due to the hefty charges and fees, the account was put in the hands of a solicitor for halifax, who set up a repayment plan, i have been doing this without fail since september last year and still have a large sum outstanding. im sure i have repaid the arranged overdraft and unarranged overdraft by now.
    would it be fair to ask for the amount to be reduced in terms of charges being lifted,
    ive never done anything like this before but my financial circumstances have change suddenly and i will struggle to carry on paying this
    thanks in advance for any advice.
    At the time that the charges occurred was there a reason for this, ie had you lost your job, separated from a partner, had reduce hours at work at that time?

I suspect that the answer will be no with regards to Halifax but it might be worth looking at how they dealt with the case initially at the time.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

hello,

yes it was work related issues, my income was reduced and i had a baby.

thanks for replying

Comment

hello,

yes it was work related issues, my income was reduced and i had a baby.

thanks for replying
        Hindsight is a good thing but did you also have rent/mortgage or utility arrears at the time?

Comment

yes i had utility arrears and rent arrears

Comment

yes i had utility arrears and rent arrears
            Did they go through a income and expenditure form with you?

Did they follow the lending code section 9? I suspect they may not have done enough at the time that the hardship occurred.

Comment

no they didn't do income and expenditure, they never asked anything about bills at all just how much they wanted.

Comment

no they didn't do income and expenditure, they never asked anything about bills at all just how much they wanted.
                Go back to them quoting the Lending Code, Section 9.

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org...endingcode.pdf

Comment

Thank you, I will do, thanks for your valuable advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X