• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit file

Hi, can anyone please help me to understand what this means on my credit file?

I have two outstanding debts to natwest which currently capquest are chasing me for.

They are very nearly at the 6 yr mark.

I have two questions please. I have just this second (prompted by you guys) dared to look at my credit file.

:tinysmile_cry_t: score of 622 oh dear

ANYWAY

on the natwest debt it says the following

14/12/2004Default Balance:£4,415Current Balance:£3,049Repayment Period: Monthly Payment: £73 over 60 months Default Date:04/02/2006File Updated for the Period to:

07/06/2009

so it says i defaulted in 04/02/2006 right that sounds about right but what does the updated 2009 mean? I have not contacted anyone about it for it to be updated.
    Sorry about the lack of knowledge. Does it mean i have to wait a further 6 yrs from then?

Another question if it does turn out to be statute barred can i have it removed from my credit file and if so how?
    Tags: None

Re: credit file

Hi Astraldream,

I am a retired policeman, not an expert in banking, but my sixth sense - gut feeling - is that PratWest are trying to extend the debt period so that it doesn't become time-barred. The original debt becomes time-barred at 00:01 on Saturday 4 February 2012. By extending it, it shifts the time-barred date to 00:01 on 7 June 2015.

I am sure one of the other Legal Beagles with more knowledge of financial matters than myself will correct me or confirm what I have said and advise as to how to deal with this.

Bluebottle
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Only if the debtor acknowledges or admits the debt.

Comment

I havent spoken or written to them in all this time so is it right what Bluebottle thinks may be happening where they are trying to extend it?

Comment

Originally posted by astraldream View Post
          I havent spoken or written to them in all this time so is it right what Bluebottle thinks may be happening where they are trying to extend it?
          I wouldn't put ANYTHING past PratWest. I know them of old!
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

So as i know i have never been in contact with them do they need to prove that i have or are they just taken at their word if it goes to court?

Comment

Bump? :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Sorry i just got my answer by ringing credit expert. It just means when they last sent information about the account.

So really as of tomorrow midnight it will be removed from my credit file as it is now over 6 years...

I cant explain how relieved i am im shaking. I dont think people who dont have debts quite understand how stressfull these things are when it happens.

Thanks to anyone who has replied.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X