• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

unfair treatment at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: unfair treatment at work

I wish I could have videod the whole thing, it was a farce. I let them know how insulted I was. the manager told me in front of everyone that He has been 'praying for me' how patronising is that? I wanted to say, save your prayers for yourself, you obviously need them more than I do. He was very flustered in the meeting and struggled to get a coherent sentence together fumbling over His words etc.

Some people clearly choose to run around with blinkers on constantly bumping into things only to say oops I bumped my head again, must keep trying making the same mistakes expecting different results.

P.S Teaboy the offer they made me was 60% of what they owe me.
    Last edited by fivethumbsfrank; 7th March 2012, 12:34:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fivethumbsfrank View Post
      I wish I could have videod the whole thing, it was a farce. I let them know how insulted I was. the manager told me in front of everyone that He has been 'praying for me' how patronising is that? I wanted to say, save your prayers for yourself, you obviously need them more than I do. He was very flustered in the meeting and struggled to get a coherent sentence together fumbling over His words etc.

Some people clearly choose to run around with blinkers on constantly bumping into things only to say oops I bumped my head again, must keep trying making the same mistakes expecting different results.

P.S Teaboy the offer they made me was 60% of what they owe me.
      I would write to them advising them that you have considered their offer and would only be willing to except a 85% of the total that is owed to you, though you are open to negotatiate, but only if they are willing to improve on their current offer of just 60% of what is owed - Then ask them to give you their best offer for you to consider in light of the above. If they offer you say 70% write back say your willing to meet them at half way which is 72.5% (or at 75% if you prefer) Sure you still lose 25% but given their offer was so low in the first place, you'd be struggling to get more than 75% out of them as it sounds like their not only worried about the legal implications any action would have, but also the finanicial costs for the charity itself. e.g. it may be close to bankrupting the charity as they may be finincially committied to the new buildings and not able to pull out of them due to legal and/our contractual obiligations.

Thats no doubt why they are not sleeping on a night and the manager being incoherrent is a sign hes stressing our though worry over this, which is not good for his health or good for anyone to be honest. So better to settle at a more reasonable rate then their current offer and get the matter over resolved as soon as possible. Then both sides can return back to normal, whilst you will also have better working conditions.
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

All looking good fivethumbs.

You have achieved a lot for other people who work in your organisation, well done on that. There is no excuse for companies of whatever sector not to operate in a professional and decent manner. If they don't then their management has to be called into question.

I support many charities who I know treat their workforce well, charitable status is no excuse. I look forward to your updates and am just pleased to see how you have been empowered by pursuing this after being put through a rough period by your employers. Keep us informed.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          Firstly, contact the Arbitration Conciliation & Advisory Services (ACAS) for advice. I've used them in the past and they are very good, as well as impartial. Also, check your house contents insurance policy. A lot of them, these days, provide up to £50,000 cover for legal costs to pursue a case at an Employment Tribunal.
          Hi Bluebottle,

I am in this scenario, I have up to £50,000 cover, however once I was finally granted funding I was only allocated £1,500. Apparently in Employment cases they only offer up to £1,500. However there is no mention of a limitation clause in the Barclays policy document.

£1,500 is going to leave me at a detriment.

Do I have the right to challenge the level of legal funding?

Best wishes

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X