• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old Chestnut Waltham Forest uses JBW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Chestnut Waltham Forest uses JBW

In May of last year received a ticket on a van which had been parked on the pavement awaiting a puncture repair in the borough of Waltham Forest. The van in question had been hired from a local company by my company and was driven at that point in time by a business acquaintance. Approximateley a month later received a Nto outlining the infringement and passed this onto the driver after much tooing and fro-ing and several letters from Waltham Forest, Northampton County Court and JBW in the first instance I was informed that the fine of £195 had been paid at Waltham Forest Park Shop in Walthamstow on the 27th November 2011. at the beginning of December JBW started writing were demanding letters re said fine. Informed the driver who said that he had paid the fine. With this in mind I went away on holiday, whilst on holiday received a panicked call from my niece( who was house sitting) saying that the bailiffs had turned up and were chasing a debt for an unpaid parking fine.
    I instructed her to contact the driver and get him to talk to the bailiff. Having returned from holiday I received yet another letter from JBW who were now seeking £587. Another call to the driver was met with the same response of I have paid the ticket. Having spoken to Waltham Forest who have no records of this and not receiving a receipt from said driver I felt that I had no option but to try and pay this. Monday 16 Jan knock on the door from bailiff at 8:20 demanding £651.20 for said ticket which had to be executed that day I kindly informed him that I was not in the position to do so and I would not be letting him enter the premises until I found out whether or not the fine had been paid. To show good will I phoned the bailiff later on that day and arranged to meet him and made a cash payment of £200(receipt is in my possesion) to stave of any other visits only to be told that this had bought me till next Monday to stomp up the rest of the cash or risk further visits from our heavy handed friends and their recovery vehicles which as you know means additional costs. What are your suggestions in this case?
    Tags: None

Re: Old Chestnut Waltham Forest uses JBW

You make a formal complaint to the council. Tweak this lettter as needed.

[PARKING ENFORCEMENTS DEPT]
    [NAME OF] Council
    [ADDRESS & POSTCODE]

[DATE]

Dear sir.

FORMAL COMPLAINT

BY POST AND BY EMAIL

Re: PCN [NUMBER] & [amount AS SHOWN ON THE PCN]

I make this formal complaint because I received bailiff from you on [DATE] collecting the aforementioned PCN and demanded the sum of [AMOUNT].

The bailiff indiscriminately over-charged me with his fees (by over £500), that are not compliant with enforcement regulations. This may constitute an offence under the 2006 Fraud Act.

A letter was sent by the bailiff, of which, its content constitutes blackmail and I understand this commits an offence under the 1967 Theft Act.

The PCN was paid on [DATE] at the parking shop.

I have paid your contractor the sum of [AMOUNT] as a result of his demands, and I now understand this payment is unlawful.

A Notice To Owner was returned on [DATE] naming the driver, who confirmed the PCN has been paid.

To resolve this complaint:

1. Return the case to council administration.
    2. Refund all money we have been overcharged by paying me being the sum of [AMOUNT] within seven days
    3. The council makes the necessary investigation why I was over-charged.
    4. Do the necessary work to ensure the person responsible for over charging me by over £500 is made accountable under both, civil law and criminal law and the invistigation is made objectively and professionally.

If you are unable, or unwilling to resolve this complaint in full, please mark your response letter with the words FINAL RESOLUTION and I will ask the Local Government Ombudsman to intervene.

Yours Sincerely.

[NAME]
    Encs. copy of:
    Bailiffs document.
    Confirmation of payment
    As for the bailiffs: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=32490

Comment

Thanks will print this out and amend and will be posting this in the morning. Got a phone call this evening from the baillif saying that he had called me by mistake but whilst he had me on the phone could i let him know how i was progressing with raising the outstanding £451-20........

Comment

Ring him back on his mobile and ask him...

- What court issued your bailiffs certificate?

if he asks why, just say

- because I am filing a form 4 complaint against you for overcharging me with your fees contrary to prescribed regulations.

Keep asking for the Court name. DO NOT engage in any other conversation, stand for no excuses, and hang up as soon as he has answered the question. DO NOT threaten the bailiff with anything.

He will probably leave you well alone after that, but dont get carried away and start winding him up.

Comment

Copy the letter to the council to your MP and / or to any relevant councillors eg for the Council Ward where the ticket was awarded.

Comment

Typing feverishly away, will call bailliff tomorrow and quiz him re certification

Comment

JBW have been the subject of complaints about their activities on more than a number of occasions. So have Equita.

NEVER take what either of these companies or their employees say at face value. ALWAYS ASK FOR PROOF.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X