• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

First Plus ...again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Plus ...again!

Right lets see if I have something here or not.

I posted a reply in another thread and ncf355 replied that maybe I should have taken action against the Woolwich under fiduciary duty.

I'll explain.

In September 2006 I went to the Woolwich (who were my mortgage providers at the time) to ask to remortgage. My house was in positive equity and the amount I wanted was less than the equity. The mortgage advisor told me the Woolwich wouldn't be able to remortgage, but she could put me in contact with someone who could. She then phoned up First Plus, spoke to them and then handed the phone to me. I organised my loan from her office.

Only years later when claiming back my PPI did I discover that First Plus, Woolwich and Barclays were the same company. To say I was slightly miffed might be a bit of an understatement.

So was this company policy or was it a mortgage advisor earning herself a nice commission. (Commission was never mentioned, but I clearly remember her making sure they got her name right as there was someone with a very similar name working for the bank). Whatever the reason, it seems a bit odd that one part of the bank couldn't give me a loan, but the more expensive part could.

If I do have redress against them, where would I start? I've read up about fiduciary duty, but need some guidance please. This is a new one to me.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X