• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Needed Urgently Please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed Urgently Please.

I found this site through Martins MT and so glad I did as everyone seems really friendly and helpful. I will get straight to the point as I don't want to waste anyone's time. I breached the terms of a consent order and my ex went straight back to court to obtain an interim charging order. Went to court on Friday for the final charging order, which was granted. My ex has a good solicitor but I cant afford representation. We were in there less than 5 minutes and I was only asked by the judge if I owed the money (6k)which I said I did. I did say that I had written to his solicitor offering a monthly payment but it had been refused. He was not interested, and he then started talking to the solicitor regarding costs addressing her by her christian name like they were old friends. I cannot afford a solicitor and I dont know where to go from here. I've tried searching the net for info but cant understand the jargon anyway! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.
    Tags: None

Re: Advice Needed Urgently Please.

Obvious question, but are you eligible for free legal help?

Comment

deleted just read first post properly. Link already there. Duh.
      CJ

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
        Obvious question, but are you eligible for free legal help?

I did ask when I had a free half hour with a Legal Exec, She told me that I wasn't entitled to legal aid yet when I spoke to someone at National Debtline I was told that I was, in fact entitled to it. I wish everyone gave out the same information. It's difficult enough and I don't have family to help or advise me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X