• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

New pay regulations/Agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pay regulations/Agency

I understand new regulations came into force on 1st October 2011. (For recruitment agencies).

You also have to be working for a continous 12 weeks with no holiday break which can pause for the pay conditions/where paid the same as an employee of the business.

Now on behalf of a friend, she started working for an Recruitment agency full time - started 3 October 2011, this continued until demand dropped (with xmas coming up) so she worked until Friday 6th December), the Agency continued to pay for the holidays she was owed for the following weeks so holiday pay covered the time off until the same business wanted them back again.

So with this she returned to her first day on Wednesday 4th January, and completed that week, there was no work this Monday for her, but they rang her early the next day - Tuesday 10 January (this week) to come in on a later shift and to also work the remaining of the week.

However, she may not know if she is in the following week maybe at the end of this week or maybe early next week.

In regards of the holiday break this have pushed back the 12 weeks, but by taking the weeks not worked out, in my opinion this will now be her 12 week this week.

What I would like to know (on her behalf really) which I expect many others in the same position may also wonder.
    As this is the 12th completed week, would that mean she should receive employee rate pay next week, or would she have to go into her 13th week first before she benefits?

I have read up on different sites, but it just states, once the 12 week is completed, but can be confusing if a further week will have to be worked before she benefits.

I know it's not rocket science to really work out LOL, but bet this can be confusing for agency workers and I suggested to her to keep a check on this matter of her pay.

Cheers.
    Tags: None

Re: New pay regulations/Agency

Di, from what I understand, once she has completed a 12 week period, from the start of her 13th week she is entitled to all the perks of a full time employee. This might help.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1873

Comment

Originally posted by shell View Post
      Di, from what I understand, once she has completed a 12 week period, from the start of her 13th week she is entitled to all the perks of a full time employee. This might help.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1873

Thank you Shell, as Sarah gets paid weekly, and as always as it is - a week in arrears, she should therefore receive the first full like a full time employee wage in next weeks, for completing her 12th week this week?

Acas a good site, cheers so muchly

Comment

She doesn't get a full time wage for completing her 12th week, she is still on agency rates, but from the first hour of the 13th week she should be on full time rates. So if she is paid a week in arrears, her first full time wage she should get in week 14, and her last one the week after she finishes working there. Hope that makes sense.
        Last edited by shell; 11th January 2012, 19:28:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shell View Post
          She doesn't get a full time wage for completing her 12th week, she is still on agency rates, but from the first hour of the 13th week she should be on full time rates. So if she is payed a week in arrears, her first full time wage she should get in week 14, and her last one the week after she finishes working there. Hope that makes sense.
          Excellent, thanks Shell and I did assume that but I wanted to make sure, so that she should check when she gets paid, much appreciated.

Comment

Hiya
            My friend contacted me in her break and was overjoyed.

She said her wage-slip already shows the higher employee rate.

So wondering now if they did not take into account the holidays over the xmas period (she was also paid throughout with them into 3 weeks).
            If they included those 3 weeks then her 12 weeks would have been the week before last, so in her case would work out right.

I did assume though that holidays pause the new pay rate??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X