• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I think my house is haunted!? Advice please x

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my house is haunted!? Advice please x

Hi all

off topic just a bit!

My house is doing weird things........

Central heating comes on in the night even though the settings are switched to only come on if temperature drops to 5 degrees. Yes, I know it's been chilly, but it never genuinely goes below 12 degrees.

Kettle has a switch underneath to 'switch on' a whistling sound when boiling. I keep this switched off yet it is repeatedly returned to ON.

Tapping noises on skirting boards in middle of night.

Cafetiere full of grounds and coffee 'jumped' into sink from 2' away whilst I was out of kitchen for 1 minute.

Lid to kettle 'jumped' into sink of water from 2' away, but had to shear itself off a plastic hinge to do so. Lid to kettle was virtually welded on as I rarely opened it, choosing to fill through spout usually.

I've just taken some pics for Ebay sales and the pics have 1 or 2 'orbs' floating around in several of them.

Feeling bit jumpy!

Who do I call????!!
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com
    Tags: None

Re: I think my house is haunted!? Advice please x

Ghostbusters

Comment

Don't know much about this sort of thing. Is it an old house?

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
        Ghostbusters
        LOL Thanks!

No it's not that old Shadow, maybe 80-90 yrs.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I think, have a word with your local vicar/priest they may help you I think they do blessings. I am very much not a ghosty person in fact it's one thing that I am scared of so would not like to be in your situation at all.

Comment

My father, as some know, is a retired vicar (hence me being such an angel!). He always says, "It's not the dead you need to be afraid of, it's the living!"

He exorcised several houses during his ministry, and each time the strange occurences stopped. Enaid's advice may be a good starting point then.

The subject is a fascinating one to read around. There's so many inexplicable stories, but it's probably something one has to experience to really understand.

If it is genuinely worrying you, either ask them what they want if you dare (seriously - they obviously don't mean harm), or have a chat with a local priest.

Comment

Hi Celestine ,

I agree with Labman ......the dead cannot harm you. they can annoy you with pranks .....then again they can be trying to tell you that what you are doing at this present time that they are with you or trying to tell you that you are not doing something quite right .....Ask them in a quite way and say you know they are there....and if it is upsetting you tell them and ask them to go away.

I am 75 years old and have similar experiences and as usual will be be called "a silly old git"..........but there is more to it all than most people think or believe.

Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                Hi Celestine ,

They can be trying to tell you that what you are doing at this that you are not doing something quite right .....

Sparkie
                Looks like you need to change your brand of coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                  Hi Celestine ,

I agree with Labman ......the dead cannot harm you. they can annoy you with pranks .....then again they can be trying to tell you that what you are doing at this present time that they are with you or trying to tell you that you are not doing something quite right .....Ask them in a quite way and say you know they are there....and if it is upsetting you tell them and ask them to go away.

I am 75 years old and have similar experiences and as usual will be be called "a silly old git"..........but there is more to it all than most people think or believe.

Sparkie

Mmm...are you sure it's not my mother-in-law wandered into the wrong house?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    Looks like you need to change your brand of coffee!
                    Nice one labman
                    You forgot to add ........they think its Its rubbish!!

Sparkie

Comment

In my line of work you might say that brushes with spirits are a bit of an occupational hazard. :tinysmile_aha_t:

I have heard and seen an awful lot that makes me believe that although I am 100% sure they exist, I also think that the things that happen are for a reason to draw your attention to something (change you coffee brand as Labman suggests??!!) or to draw attention to themselves. It can often happen during times of high stress too.

When I worked nights alone I repeatedly had a buzzer go off in (shall we say) a recently vacated room, the door banged and I heard "noises from within" Firstly fearing a junkie after the drug cupboard keys or a rat I got my sleepover out of bed and we checked the room out. Nothing there, no windows open, all clear. I then heard it on several different occasions and one night without even going to the room I just called out

"I'll miss you (name) too and you are scaring the **** out of me now, so go wherever it is you need to and be happy"

A couple of bangs and then nothing. It's almost like the person just wanted to say 'bye, I was very fond of them and upset by the passing.

Another friend lives in a really haunted place in Wales and has full conversations with her ghosties!! They even 'help' by finding stuff or by scaring unwanted guests! Though the lady is a little eccentric lol............

Try asking.

Comment

Have you lived there long Celestine..?? and if yes, have you experienced anything of the sort before now hun...??

Comment

Interesting!

I am well into this sort of thing and even grew up in a haunted house, and used to talk to spirits/ghosts, because being so young I thought it was normal.

I will have to try to find some pics to post up, even a figure of my beloved dad (not so long after we lost him) leaning on his patio chair.

There are ORBS and dust ORBS you may find on camera's but in my opinion large orbs are the spiritual ones.

Cel, try not to worry, I think someone is just trying to show you signs that they are with you and possibly guiding you, and not to harm anyone.

However, on one of the pics of the house I live in now, the figure is very clear, the eyes nose mouth etc, it was captured on a new digital camera,,. x
                          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                          Originally posted by Maxie Girl View Post
                          Have you lived there long Celestine..?? and if yes, have you experienced anything of the sort before now hun...??
                          Maxie, I know you are a true believer like myself x
                          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                          If anyone has Bio Channel on Sky possibly or cable etc, Ghost stories on now til late
                          Last edited by di30; 5th January 2012, 20:11:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks all!!

I've lived here nearly 2 years. Few odd things but nothing really definite!

Tell me what you think of these photos peeps...... dust orbs or something else??

Comment

On clothes it can be difficult to predict, but going by your 2 pics, the orb's travelled from top to bottom or bottom to top, maybe Maxie will know a little more on these orb pics.

Take a look at the one behind me sat on my stairs below.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X