• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nemo Marketing Permissions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemo Marketing Permissions

Hi folks

Did not know where to put this, so if in the wrong place please free free to move it for me, or please provide me with the relevant thread/link, cheers.

Today in the post, I received a letter from Nemo.

Both myself and hubby had joint loans with them over the years and completed around 2006.

We have also made a successful PPI reclaim from them as well, through the FOS.
    So my hubby was the first main customer and me as 2nd joint.

I wonder why the letter was addressed to me and not my hubby?

As its been a few years since we were customers for Nemo, they sent a letter, with the loan account number, this is in regards of Marketing Permissions.

Dear

Account number xxxxx

At Nemo, we take customer information very seriously and strive to make sure the information we have regarding you is correct and up to date. As a previous customer of ours, we periodically review the marketing permissions we hold for you and would like to take this opportunity to ensure that they are still correct.

We currently have the following marketing permissions for you.

Nemo Personal Finance Ltd may contact me
    (By telephone (No), by mail (No), by SMS (No), by e-mail (No)

Other carefully selected companies may contact me
    (By telephone (No), by mail (No), by SMS (No), by e-mail (No).

If your happy to keep these permissions as they are, you don't need to do anything.

However, please fill in the enclosed form and send back to us if you'd like to change permissions stated above.

Unless we hear from you to the contrary, we will assume you would like to keep the permissions as they are.

Please note that these permissions relate to marketing permissions only.

Yours sincerely
    Team Leader, Customer services.

Can anyone tell me if they know if this is standard procedure please?
    Its been almost 5 years since we dealt with them, and I find it odd that they sent this letter to me and not my hubby.

Cheers, I'm sure its nothing to worry about, but I've never received anything like this before from other loan companies from loans taken out before these from Nemo, cheers.
    Tags: None

Re: Nemo Marketing Permissions

It's standard procedure that financial institutions have marketing preferences. If you say no to everything it means that you should only get statements rather than offers.

Hope that makes sense.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Just to add to Lecs post, most companies now days have what they call a list, the list is just that a list of emails address etc, they need your permission to keep you on the list, and you can opt out at any time.
      The list is designed for 2 purposes, firstly those on the list are subject to future products the company sell, or if for example if the company was GE money, any company under the GE banner can contact you about products and services that they or their 3rd parties are trying to flog.
      Secondly as per loyalty cards, your information will be sold to mailing/people we have raked list. opting in/agreeing usually states you have agreed to the small print of previous contracts.

Comment

Seems a bit ironic that they confirm you don't want to receive mail by sending you a letter!:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          Seems a bit ironic that they confirm you don't want to receive mail by sending you a letter!:beagle:
          LOL, I thought that as well lmao.

My hubby's letter came through the post now as well, his contacts were mainly yes, so understand they would send him the letter. :beagle:

Saying that, when we going through a ppi reclaim with them, they blocked us off from us emailing them, as I found out on a SAR lol.

Comment

Unfortunately, firms are obliged to do this periodically in order to comply with the DPA. It's the bit of the DPA that says "must not hold onto data any longer than is necessary". The only exception to this that I am aware of is where other statutes stipulate a minimum period that a data controller must retain personal data, e.g. for HMRC purposes.

A little bit of trivia: An employer is required, by law, to retain a Certificate of Employer's Liability Insurance for 40 years from date of coming into force.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X