• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    He's an bald, Afro-Caribbean dwarf with one leg.

Ps - just in case, he'll be wearing a carnation!

(He'll kill me for this, pmsl!!)
    Indeed I shall, sir - and I demand satisfaction on the morrow. Nobody was supposed to know that I wear a wig !!! :mullet:

We had mentioned the idea of wearing name badges, but didn't want it to look too much like a 'corporate junket' weekend. My own suggestion is that we might just wear them - if we want to - while we're meeting up, and then we can discard them, perhaps. But as Sapphire says, we can all swap mobile numbers nearer the day.

Comment

Perhaps we can put sticky 'post it' notes on our foreheads and guess who we are supposed to be lol.

Comment

Cheapest outward is £29 and return £38.50 - depending on how many travel it might be cheaper going by car if Alan is happy to drive and we all chip in? What do you think Tuts - otherwise we need to be booking these tickets pronto!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
          Perhaps we can put sticky 'post it' notes on our foreheads and guess who we are supposed to be lol.
          I want to go incognito.

Comment

The only reason I said about train was the iminent petrol strike if it goes ahead. Otherwise quite happy to drive my arm should be well enough to share the driving with Alan.

Some of the garages round here last week ran right out of petrol especially the shell at Apex..

Originally posted by jax007 View Post
            Cheapest outward is £29 and return £38.50 - depending on how many travel it might be cheaper going by car if Alan is happy to drive and we all chip in? What do you think Tuts - otherwise we need to be booking these tickets pronto!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
              The only reason I said about train was the iminent petrol strike if it goes ahead. Otherwise quite happy to drive my arm should be well enough to share the driving with Alan.

Some of the garages round here last week ran right out of petrol especially the shell at Apex..
              Yes you're right we had an awful job trying to fill up!

I am more than happy to go on train if you want, but as I said we need to get our skates on and book the tickets. Otherwise if Alan is (really) happy (or happier) to drive I am too. Let me know.

Are you around Easter weekend for C&C?? I could possibly be - let me know on that front too. Be nice to have a quick catch up before we venture up to York.

xx

Comment

Hi hun

As long as the strike does not happen (nothing mentioned now for days) we will be fine by car. I of course I will be fit enough by then to drive and share the driving with Alan as it is a long way.

Petrol round here now there is no queues and my car is full anyway as I have not driven since filling it up.

Any whiff of the Petrol strike over that period then we will have to either go by train or coach as we will certainly not chance not getting petrol for the return to London.

I am not panicing now.

Originally posted by jax007 View Post
                Yes you're right we had an awful job trying to fill up!

I am more than happy to go on train if you want, but as I said we need to get our skates on and book the tickets. Otherwise if Alan is (really) happy (or happier) to drive I am too. Let me know.

Are you around Easter weekend for C&C?? I could possibly be - let me know on that front too. Be nice to have a quick catch up before we venture up to York.

xx

Comment

Apologies guys, but I am having to pull out due to the costs involved in just getting to York and then having to spend £££ once there. I just can't justify the expense so apologies but will not be in York this time.
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

No probs Nattie

See you at next one---Cambridge?

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                    Apologies guys, but I am having to pull out due to the costs involved in just getting to York and then having to spend £££ once there. I just can't justify the expense so apologies but will not be in York this time.

Comment

Bill will have all the women on their to himself - nice one

Sorry Nats that u cannot make it hun would have been nice to see u.

Comment

Sorry to hear you can't make it Nats. Apart from Maxie and myself, I don't know who else is staying at the York Lodge. Can anybody tell me ?

Comment

Sad to hear that Natts, but there's always next year, me I'm just praying West Ham don't have play in the playoffs otherwise my plans will be somewhat awkward too, and even worse the playoff final is on my birthday, bloody football takes preference in this house, we even have to plan holidays around fixtures

Comment

I think Shell and Monzer are fairly nearby, but not entirely sure exactly how close. I am sure Turbs will know where they are all staying. Bill i am sure you will make sure they all get back to their accomation safely.

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                            Sorry to hear you can't make it Nats. Apart from Maxie and myself, I don't know who else is staying at the York Lodge. Can anybody tell me ?

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi, I'll ask Turbo - but they'll probably have to carry ME back to the hotel !!!

Comment

3rd v 6th-First leg-May3rd--Second Leg--May 7th
                                5th v 4th-First Leg-Ma 4th--Second Leg--May 8th
                                Final Playoff--May 19th

Bill--Monz at Bootham Gardens (opposite)--PB at Bootham Guest House -few doors from you

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                                Sad to hear that Natts, but there's always next year, me I'm just praying West Ham don't have play in the playoffs otherwise my plans will be somewhat awkward too, and even worse the playoff final is on my birthday, bloody football takes preference in this house, we even have to plan holidays around fixtures

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X