• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK - LB's 5th Birthday!!

Hi everybody--its befallen to me to attept to organise the next meet -
    - which will be in the middle of the country-
    - at the beautiful City of York.

Re-dates

I have avoided,
    • Easter
    • Mothers Day
    • School Holidays
    • York Racing Days
    so I propose SATURDAY MAY 5th 2012 with Friday May 4th for those arriving day before
    I already have some promises (I wasn't sticking my neck out without them-lol)

There are excellent rail links from London, the West and Scotland
    It is around 200 miles from M25/M1 junction and takes around 3 hrs 40 minutes on M1ion --alternative route also up the A1

I live 30 miles from York so can personally arrange hotels,entertainment etc

We have 3 scenarios as I see it
    1. Arrive Friday afternoon and stay 2 nights in York
    2. Arrive Saturday and stay 1 night in York
    3. Arrive Saturday just for the day for local people
    I would reccommend
    • on Friday night:
    • One of the Ghost walks or The Grand Old Opera House
    • On Saturday - in between socializing in the bars--a visit to the world famous Jorvick Centre and the Castle-Street Museum
    Here's some ideas:
    Jorvik Viking Centre | Home page

York Castle Museum - York Castle Museum

The Ghost Hunt of York...The Entertaining Ghost Walk of York

Ghost Walks In York ~ York, The Most Haunted City In England! ~ Ghost Stories. York Ghosts

York Dungeon *Official site* | The scariest day out | Up to 35% off

York is compact with hotels such as the Hilton (I reccommend highly and I will probabably stay there if it aint booked up already-note-York is a tourist city and people book early btw)) and 2 Travel-Lodges

Everything close by like super teas shops, the Shambles,M& S,Fenwicks etc + oldie worldly streets---I will put maps up of course later

Sooooooooo---I await your reactions folks

Turbs

PS--OH's are of course invited--indeed--a few of us take our OH's

Updated List

Definite (Booked)

Bill-k
    Maxie Girl
    Turbo & Mrs Turbo
    Sapphire & Mr Sapphire
    Tuttsi & Mr Tuttsi
    Mrs James & Mr James
    Jax
    Celestine
    Shell
    Montzer
    Pawnbrokers & Partner
    SpringerSpaniel

Possibles.............

Teaboy
    Charitynjw
    Cynthesis

To obtain your A4 York Guide-please register on here, then click DOWNLOADS then BROCHURE REQUEST--(its a brilliant site btw with some videos also)

Visit York Official Tourist Information Site, Short Break or Holidays in York
    Last edited by Sapphire; 22nd April 2012, 12:42:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: LB Meet-Spring 2012--YORK

Hi Turbs

Many thanks for the posting up with the details for the meet.

Can you also post up some links to hotels in the centre or some suggestions and a selection to suit all pockets.

You have done great work so far and I am sure that we will have a bumper turn out at this one.

If anyone is interested in coming please post up here on this thread and let us know how many of you are coming.

Subject to getting a decent hotel and not too expensive Mr & Mrs Tuttsi will be there as Mr T owes me a treat lol.

just missed my daughters birthday so we might be able to get away with it.

As usual everyone is welcome.

Comment

Will do Tutts---note MAY 5th---not APRIL21st (a big cock up by me already-lol)

Comment

Sounds fab Turbo

Will have to work out the mileage from where I live. Cheers X

Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, Turbs, you're a star.

Please put down Myself and Mr J.

Even if it is in Yorkshire :tung: lol

Comment

Turbs the 5th May is a Saturday, for those that want to come on the Friday it is the 4th May

Comment

Oh gawd - no sooner is Christmas over - than the holiday rip-off artists are back up and at it flogging us their dodgy dealz. I'm truly sorry for you guys who have already got suckered into this despicable little scam.

For those who have signed up to this evil caper, I can only suggest that you contact ABTA about this guy's vile schemes. As for the ghost tour - yeah, that's a classic, innit ? Your cash will magically de-materialise before your very eyes !!!

I see my mate Turbo has posted in this thread, so I guess I should now make an effort and read it properly from the start. Meanwhile, I notice that it is currently in The Lamp Post for some reason. Please could admin move it to the 'Holidays from Hell' Forum ? Many thanks.

Don't worry guys - we'll nail this scammer !!!

Comment

OOOOOOOOPPPPSSSS!!!!!!

Profuse apologies. It seems that your friend and his - our dear Turboman - was the OP for this wretched little thread. Sorry if I was guilty of casting nasturtiums upon your good character, guv'nor. I guess I got it all rong as per usual...!!!

Actually....it seems like a good idea, dunnit ?

Sign me up, ya hard-selling barsteward - and Mrs-K, too. Let's do the Ghost-Tour, too. I reckon this could be a b100dy good meet-up - even though YOU'RE organising the bugga.

XXXXXXXXXX

....bitch.

LOL - please excuse my lack of manners - we went to the panto tonite in Edinburgh. I'm in a real 'panto-dame' bitchy mood...!!!

It was great !!! :tung:

Comment

Bugger Bugger Buggerrrrrrr.

Will have to check my diary when i back in the office to see if am free as i know i have to be elsewhere in may, though can't think if its the first week of second week. If it's the first week then i might not be able to make it without working some magic, which is a shame since i live only 18 miles from York.

P.s. Yorks a city not a town
                  Last edited by teaboy2; 29th December 2011, 15:11:PM.
                  Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Thanks for the pointer Turbs

I'm going to put my request on for that weekend off work and of course subject to it being granted then I'd love to come along. Sounds like you have a lot of fun on these things!!

I'm not all that far from York may come the Fri and stay over until Sat evening and then come home.

OOOOOOHHHHHH a holibob!! :tung: Yes, I do consider 1 night not in my own bed and further than 25 miles away a holiday lol

I think there are a couple of hostels in York I'm sure my sister has stayed at one when she went to a concert with a load of uni mates I'll ask her next time I see her

Comment

Deffo interested..

Comment

OMG---24 hrs I started this thread--What a reaction--Obviously I am in touch with people by Text and Phone

So I can say these are also definates (I think):

Cynthesis
                        Oporto & his Lad
                        Mr & Mrs Sapphire
                        + Amethyst & Jules checking tomorrow--but very keen for York

Christ-we got all the big hitters--just need the Brighton Belle to bring her hen party-rofl

Anybody near Maxie in Northampton to give her a lift?

Turbs

Comment

What about Mr + Mrs Tuttsi ??????

Mr & Mrs James ?????

Mr and Mrs Billk ?????

Monzer possible

Teaboy possible

Maxie Girl possible

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                          OMG---24 hrs I started this thread--What a reaction--Obviously I am in touch with people by Text and Phone

So I can say these are also definates (I think):

Cynthesis
                          Oporto & his Lad
                          Mr & Mrs Sapphire
                          + Amethyst & Jules checking tomorrow--but very keen for York

Christ-we got all the big hitters--just need the Brighton Belle to bring her hen party-rofl

Anybody near Maxie in Northampton to give her a lift?

Turbs

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                            What about Mr + Mrs Tuttsi ??????
                            Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh---my best mates---Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

EDIT--hang on Tutts-that list was people that hadn't actually posted but who were in contact-lol

Am I in the dog house?

Comment

Yep - put me down as a definite, but Mrs-K might not make it, so she's down as a 'possible.'

It's a long way for her, but it'd be good if Cel can come - and maybe we could do a bit of karaoke !!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X