• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Missing money at work, replaced myself so I can keep job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missing money at work, replaced myself so I can keep job

Originally posted by Kittycat View Post
    God I hope they are calmer and more rational then the person I just spoke to on another forum.
    Just because they are a "expert" in employment law, they automatically judged me for being guilty and worthy of dismissal.
    Yeah I was silly to leave it unsecure, but was honest enough to try and replace the missing money and then inform them.
    Way to hit a girl when she is down!!!
    Kitty, everything will be about whether you have breached procedures, which you appear to have done. Whether they will say that you made it worse by replacing the money may be an issue but we are hopeful it will not.

Until you have the letter outlining the disciplinary meeting and worst case scenario, ie dismissal then the job for you is to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. We hope for you that it is a final written warning but you have to prepare yourself for the worst outcome, so, time to hassle you

Is your CV up to date?
    Is it written?
    If you were dismissed, do you have the finances in place to deal with that?
    If not, are you aware that you may still be able to claim state benefits, ie JSA and Housing Benefit/Local Housing Allowance?
    Have you looked for any alternative jobs out there at the moment?
    <<<<<<kick up backside>>>>>>>
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by Kittycat View Post
      God I hope they are calmer and more rational then the person I just spoke to on another forum.
      Just because they are a "expert" in employment law, they automatically judged me for being guilty and worthy of dismissal.
      Yeah I was silly to leave it unsecure, but was honest enough to try and replace the missing money and then inform them.
      Way to hit a girl when she is down!!!
      Hi Kittycat

Go on, name & shame! lol.

Seriously, though, unless the information given is backed up with solid reliable authority, don't let it get to you.

Concentrate on the positives, & give it your best shot.

Employers do not like any situation which might end up in the Employment Tribunal - it costs them money, & the outcome is not always in their favour.

Leclerc's view, of course, is also well worth taking on board.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

posting new topic

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        thankyou for the link , but i still cannot find the link to post a new topic on the home page

Comment

Re: posting new topic

Originally posted by robotrobo View Post
          thankyou for the link , but i still cannot find the link to post a new topic on the home page
          The link takes you directly to the new topic which means that under "title" you can write hello or whatever you want.
          In the main body of text you write the issue and if it is in the wrong forum it can be moved and then you can reply as you have been doing on Kitty's thread.

you need to go into a forum at the top of the forum above the "stickie's" on the left hand side under the main bar which includes user cp, blogs, I/E Sheets, etc etc it will say New topic. Click that tab and you get a page similar to the link.

Hope that helps you start your own thread.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

I am prepared for worst case. Got a CV up to date, applied for about 7 jobs so far, another one today. Interview Thurs morning.
            Financially, it will be a struggle but I have tried for housing benefit before and as my hubby earns a nice amount (not huge) We were refused. I can get JSA. It will be a struggle but I am sure we will survive
            Problem is I LOVE my job and want to stay.

Anyway, new developments.

No letter yet, was expecting it today. Called them early yesterday for copies of Terms, contract and disciplinry and grievance etc.
            Got a call 10 mins ago from ANOTHER manager, (thats the 3rd) who has taken up the investigation and wants to see me tomorrow BEFORE he decides if it goes to a disciplinary.
            What does that mean? The 1st and 2nd manager are not sure so another is coming into check? They think they done wrong suspending me as they BOTH know me and are getting someone impartial to see if they can tell if I am truly sorry for everything (I am even though I didn't steal anything)
            But I am 100% sure he can not dismiss me there and then. Even when I suspended a staff member in the same shop, for gross misconduct, she was due to have a disciplinary.
            So this is a glimmer of hope right????? Or am I kidding myself!!!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by Kittycat; 6th December 2011, 13:01:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi Kittycat,

I would think that, for legal reasons, they want to keep in 'investigation' territory (ie assimilating the facts/evidence rather than making a decision they might regret).

One question - has the other employee been suspended?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Not that I know of. She was still there the other day and I have not heard anything else.

When I did have my interview sunday they said "as you have your final written we are suspending you"
                I corrected them and said it was a first, and they carried on with the suspension. Maybe they are just making sure they done the right thing. The man did say "I understand you are currently on suspension"
                Maybe he thinks they did wrong suspending me.

Yeah I OVERTHINK things..............................

Comment

Looks like you might have them worried, lol!

These are the acknowleged 'fair' reasons for dismissal

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ssal/DG_175834

Re the latest request for a meeting, it cannot legally go into 'disciplinary, as they have to follow a certain protocol. (In writing, stating your right to be accompanied, etc).

If it is for 'fact-finding', they cannot turn it into a disciplinary.

It is also worth mentioning that an Employment Tribunal does have the authority (though understandably not used much!) of reinstating you back into your job.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Kitty, better to overthink things than be shocked when something you didn't think about comes up. Keep thinking

Comment

Thanks, maybe I have got them worried.
                      Yeah I know they can't legally dismiss me at this meeting tomorrow. I panic too much.
                      Just hoping and praying that this turns into a reinstatement of my job. I hope he realises that I am truly sorry for the seconds of lapsed concentration (we all do it. Some people HAVE left a pod out, unsecure) And he realises how upset I was at finding the error and my silly decision to solve it.

worried, but still going to pray to god tonight!!

Comment

In your opinion, does the CCTV 'footage' show you in a good light (ie do you think it supports your version of events?

If so, you could always ask for a copy of it (if necessary, via a Subject Access Request as per the Data Protection Act).

It is amazing how often this evidence goes missing (ie "it gets 'wiped after 30 days, company policy....."), or some tosh like that!
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The CCTV shows me as it happens. That I do accidently leave the pod and that I do not touch it again until the next morning when I pull it from the safe.
                          It also shows me looking for the missing money the next day and doing my own investigation.
                          It does support my version of events, even the moment I go and get the money from the internal ATM to replace it.
                          Can I really ask for a copy? Might scare them more if I do!!!!

I just think with this new investigation interview tomorrow that they "may" be changing their mind in regards the suspension and disciplinary. As the man on the phone did say he was going to decide if it WAS going to go to a disciplinary.

No harm in hoping is there.
                          But I am prepared for all events.

Comment

Can you ask for a copy? Of course you can!

Going further, a Subject Access Request legally entitles you to any information which is held, in any format, which identifies you as a living person.

Should you ask? - if it were me, I would make that decision according to how the meeting pans out - but I think I would go prepared with the official request, just in case!

Some more reading for you, lol

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=21788

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisati...onal_data.aspx
                            Last edited by charitynjw; 6th December 2011, 20:00:PM.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Neither link seems to be working at the mo.
                              I really do appreciate all the advise and help.

Comment

OOoopps!

Sorry - I've fixed the links above.

(Time for me medication, lol!)
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X