• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small Balance Write Off--anyone know why they do this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Balance Write Off--anyone know why they do this?

Well, checked my natwest Credit card statement and saw an amount under £1 stating Small Balance Write Off......needless to say the first thought I had was, are they shutting the account down.

Never seen this before but I am aware that some credit card companies will write off amounts under £1.

Has anyone else seen this before(saves me calling them and asking them :o ) ?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: Small Balance Write Off--anyone know why they do this?

That's a strange one, but Yes I can see what you mean, :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Would a free credit report come up with anything yet perhaps?

I expect someone may know what this is all about, good luck.

Comment

If the balance is below £1 then they pay it off for you.....I don't know how many times they would do this or why they do this but that's saved me £0.67, lol!!!
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I believe it is purely a pragmatic decision based on the fact that any admin costs incurred with dealing with the balance would not be financially feasible.

Comment

Thanks for sharing information,your information are very helpful for me and increase my knowledge.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X