• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI with CIGNA Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI with CIGNA Insurance

I took out a secured loanin 2004 through a broker Acorn Finance the loan provider was I group and was told by the broker that I must have PPI for this loan to be accepted. I have tried to claim against I group now owned by GE money but was told that claim would have to be made against Acorn who are not trading anymore. I have been in touch with FO and they agreed with GE money but told me to try and claim against insurer who is CIGNA and registered in the EU which at the time does not come under UK legislation is it worth my time pursueing this claimback has anyone had any success with a similar claim ??
    Tags: None

Re: PPI with CIGNA Insurance

Have pm'd Di---she might know

Originally posted by henryAK View Post
    I took out a secured loanin 2004 through a broker Acorn Finance the loan provider was I group and was told by the broker that I must have PPI for this loan to be accepted. I have tried to claim against I group now owned by GE money but was told that claim would have to be made against Acorn who are not trading anymore. I have been in touch with FO and they agreed with GE money but told me to try and claim against insurer who is CIGNA and registered in the EU which at the time does not come under UK legislation is it worth my time pursueing this claimback has anyone had any success with a similar claim ??

Comment

Cheers Turbo

(Did start with this earlier then puter frozen) lol, ok.

Right if you were sold the policy as from 14 Jan 2005 its possible you can make a reclaim with the Financial Compensation Scheme (FSCS) so worth checking in with them. They deal with companies covered by themselves if the businesses go bust/dissolved etc....

http://www.fscs.org.uk/contact-us/

If the above applies to you, contact them and ask them to send you a form, its a little different to the reclaim questionnaire form, and enclose any "copies" of paperwork you have, remember it can be the lenders paperwork and not the brokers as they will know the relationship between both lender and broker.

If this does not apply to you, then it's possible you can try making a reclaim through the Underwriter/insurer of the policy.
      You would therefore contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) first and explain your situation, and they will possibly suggest the above of underwriter etc. So if this fails, the FOS will be able to adjudicate as they would have been FSA/GISC regulated - the FOS are only able to investigate complaints if covered by the stated regulators.
      They will investigate the involvement the underwriter/insurer had with the lender/broker.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...act/index.html

The lender will provide you with the details of the underwriter/insurer on request.

Hope this helps, please let us know how you get on, cheers. Good luck.

Comment

Financial Obudsman told me that because CIGNA were not covered by UK legislation I would have to go through a Belgium Financial Regulator, anyhow I have sent a letter of complaint of to CIGNA and we shall find out what their reply will be
        Cheers Henryak

Comment

did you have any luck i have the same problem

regards wayne

Comment

Unfortunately he's not logged on since--over 2 years ago

Originally posted by butlerwayne573 View Post
            did you have any luck i have the same problem

regards wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
              Unfortunately he's not logged on since--over 2 years ago
              Yay Turbo

Hope you had a wonderful birthday hun, missing our chats xx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Yay Turbo

Hope you had a wonderful birthday hun, missing our chats xx
                not for long

Comment

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had had any joy with a pre regulated GE Loan agreement when the insurance underwriter is Cigna. I sent my case off to GE Money and they rejected the complaint and informed me the FOS could not look at this because it was sold pre Jan 14th 2005.

I then looked into the possibility of referring the complaint to the underwriter of the policy who were Cigna. They of course, rejected the complaint by saying that they were not responsible for the sale and that I should refer back to GE Money. I sent my case through to the FOS to look into, as I had already used this approach with an old store card I had with GE (insurer was Genworth) and had received a refund. The FOS have now come back to me to say that they cannot look into this complaint because GE Money were not acting as an agent for Cigna, and because there was no agency agreement between GE and Cigna, they cannot look into the complaint. It seems ludicrous that GE Money did not have some sort of agreement with Cigna to sell their insurance policies. I have written to GE Money to ask them what relationship was between the two and they have written to say that they are not prepared to comment. Anyone any ideas or suggestions of what I can do next as it seems bizarre that there was no agreement between the two companies!

Any help or advice would be appreciated. :-)

Comment

I too are in the same boat as you , I have three loans all just before 2005 and all insured by Cigna. I have just sent my complaint to them and hope to hear something in the near future. Now I see someone wrote on here that they were not regulated in the uk at that time but surely if they were able to do business in the uk they would have been regulated and have to abide by the same rules as other insurance companies.

Please keep my up to date if you hear anything, I will do the same...cheers!

Comment

Hi
                      I too have the same problem as per my other thread.
                      Anyone have any look with cigna igroup.

Thanks

Comment

anyone had any luck pursuing this with CIGNA? I am in the same boat too and would love to hear from anyone about any progress, thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X