• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HBOS (Birmingham Midshires)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HBOS (Birmingham Midshires)

What about. You never challenged their chargeing regime at the time as you paid under the mistaken belief that the charges levied equalled their actual costs. In light of recent court cases you now know this is not the case and thus sec 32(1)(c) should apply as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihaterbs View Post
      What about. You never challenged their chargeing regime at the time as you paid under the mistaken belief that the charges levied equalled their actual costs. In light of recent court cases you now know this is not the case and thus sec 32(1)(c) should apply as well.
      It would follow the logic, i think

Peter

Comment

All,

I wanted to take a few minutes to update you all (especially those whose advice has been invaluable over the last few months).

Yesterday, I attended another hearing where the defendant (Bank of Scotland) was represented by a Lawyer and I represented myself. The hearing was for the judge to consider the defendant application to set aside my default judgement.

To cut to the chase, the Judge threw out the application and my original default judgement remains in place - so in effect I won the case thanks to the advice of all the helpful folk on here!!!! So my hearfelt thanks to you all and when I get the settlement cheque I shall certainly be making a donation to Legal Beagles as I could never have done this on my own.

Just so you know, I was able to use CPR 39.3 to question the judge whether he thought forgetting to put the original hearing date in a diary could possibly constitute a good reason for not turning up. The interesting thing is that he made the point that if it had been just one error in that the Defendant had been notified only once of the hearing date, he would have allowed the set aside request to succeed. However, as I was able to demonstrate that the Defendant had been notified of the original hearing date on at least three occasions and therefore the Judge felt that this was unacceptable.

The best bit of all is not so much the fact that I'm going to actually get more money than I would have originally settled for, but it was the expresssion on the face of the banks in-house Lawyer when she knew that the game was up. Suffice to say, she made a very rapid departure!

Get in!!!!!!!

Comment

Final entry from me in this thread will be to let you all know a cheque arrived a few days ago and a donation was made to LB.

Thank you all!

Comment

Just wanted to add that it is wonderful to be able to read about a campaign through to the conclusion and even better that it was so successful

Comment

It was an interesting case with a good outcome for all

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Comment

I have been fighting them for over 8 years now and in time i will post the full fact i just lost my home to them over a fraud a mortage was taken out by some one who had done the same to other before and after me I keep the fight going for over four years only at court did it come out that in fact the MCOP is not law and you must not look to it for any help.

B+M is in fact part of B.O.S under Halifax name in time i will ghet around now to putting the full fact up for you to read but forget the MCOP opr the FOS

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X