• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help needed = stat demand and go debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed = stat demand and go debt

Hiya, I am a newbie so apologies if this is in the wrong place.
    I have posted this on another website but a concerned friend recommended here so I hope this is okay.

Basic details are that I have been served a statutory demand by go debt but not through my letter box although they say it has by appointment? It was emailed to me last week and I now only have 5 days to apply to the court to set it aside based on dispting the debt balance. From reading websites this is what I think I need to do but I don't know how or what and I am now panicking like crazy.

The debt is for a HP car finance with PCF and was voluntary surrended as I could not afford it but was led to believe that there would be nothing owing but I would lose the car. The car was handed back and I heard nothing for months and months until Private and Commercial Finance sent me a letter saying I owed them money.

I tried to find out what for and was receiving letters then I was contacted by Go Debt. I offered them a monthly amount which I could afford to which they said no and that it was not enough but this is all I can afford. They have also added about another £5,000 on top of what I was told I owed.

Everytime I reply to their letters saying I can only afford to pay £40 a month and can prove it they say it is not acceptable and keep sending me more emails and letters but the letters go to my home address and as I am rarely at home due to work they send them by email instead.

After speaking to CAB I sent a SAR to find out what the balance was for which was a few weeks ago but today I received an email from Go Debt saying that they had issued a Statutory Demand which they tried to deliver at my address which I hadn't realised or knew what it was until I looked it up on the internet and am now scared.

Their email says:
    Our agent has confirmed that they have sub-served the Statutory Demand in Bankruptcy at your address of and this was done on the 12th of October 2011.

The problem is I was not at home and the email I received was the first time I was notified.
    I thought they were going to send me statements as I don't agree with the balance and wanted to understand what it was for. I hadn't sent a letter disputing just replied but have now realised that is what I should have done. I have now done this but am afraid it is too late.

I then spoke to them on the phone and they sent me an email full of documents. in their email they say:

We have previously advised you that we are not prepared to accept a instalment arrangement with you.
    Furthermore, our agent has confirmed that they have sub-served the Statutory Demand in Bankruptcy at your address of xxxx and this was done on the 12th of October 2011.
    We will now wait 21 days from the date of service which will be the 2nd of November, in order for us to consider instructing our Solicitors Hollis Briggs to make an application to Petition for your Bankruptcy.

I rang the court who say they cannot find anything under my name at all which is odd. The statutory demand was never sent to my home address and I was hoping to get a copy at least.
    All I have is a 3 page document which was sent via email.

The document has a reference number which the court does not recognise but Go Debt do so I am thinking it is their reference number for my account but I am not sure.

I am worried that the court cannot find details as I don't want to leave it doing nothing.

I have sent a letter saying amount is in dispte so that I can try to get this resolved and also have not yet received anything from the SAR that was sent over a fortnight ago. I also have sent an income and expenditure form demonstrating this is my only debt and that I can only afford to pay a certain amount at the moment.

I have however had an email with various documents including statements and telephone logs which Go Debt were quite happy to send me when I asked for them so if anyone wants to see anything let me know as I would appreciate some help or advise please.

Sorry its long but I am very desperate here and extremely anxious.
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent help needed = stat demand and go debt

Read here:
    Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Be back shortly !
    xx
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

And also here:
      Debt Collection Agencies Statutory Demands, a few strategies - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Have a good read, I think you will find it reassuring, then come back with any questions about what to do next x
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by DustyCloud View Post
        I rang the court who say they cannot find anything under my name at all which is odd
        That says it all really.
        Go Debt are just trying to frighten you into paying up.
        Stay off the phone to these idiots and don't enter into any email exchanges with them.
        If anyone else turns up at your home then tell them to foxtrot Oscar and call the police if they refuse to leave.
        They have no legal powers to any money off you or to see your income and expenditure, only a county court does.
        If an actual court gets in touch with you - then make sure you reply to them etc..(you would not be on trial so don't panic)
        It is not for Go Debt to say what they will and will not accept off you - you are the boss of them, not the other way round.
        Report them to the OFT & trading standards if they refuse to stop harassing you.

Comment

This SD was definitely sent in a defective manner, therefore it is probably just Go Debt trying to scare you....nasty barstewards that they are. Especially as the court has absolutely no notice of anything referring to you.

Comment

"We have previously advised you that we are not prepared to accept a instalment arrangement with you"

Who the hell do these imbeciles think they are?

Comment

Originally posted by mr.ton View Post
              "We have previously advised you that we are not prepared to accept a instalment arrangement with you"

Who the hell do these imbeciles think they are?

God I presume, because only he could claim to get blood out of a stone!

Comment

I think Go Debt are probably feeling the pinch of late, they didn't do too well with the YesCarCredit debt portfolio.........LOL

GO DEBT Screwed - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

It will cost them money to take you to court, that's why they just rely on threats and intimidation.
                  They would be lucky to get £1 per month off me in a like it or lump it sort of way.

Comment

hiya, thankyou for all the replies. The links are very interesting.

They said to me today that they were able to sub serve the statutory demand and that they have their witness statements ready.

They said they were calling as they had checked the court and noticed there was no response. They keep giving me a settlement figure but I really cannot afford it. I seriously wish I could.

Unfortunately i think I need to take the line that it exists as it would be a massive disaster work wise if I was made bankrupt.

Comment

. They have also added about another £5,000 on top of what I was told I owed..
                      Only just noticed that bit sorry.
                      THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE SCANDALOUS DISGRACE - they have no power to add anything whatsoever and i really would get these scumbags reported to every official authority you can think of asap!

Comment

Hiya Dusty

I'm still pretty sure they are yanking your chain, they REALLY are a bunch of scumbags, anything said on the phone should be totally disregarded, they just want you to pay that lump sum, they really don't care how they achieve it.

Are you sure you have phoned the right court? Has been known.....

OK, I'll get some Stat Demand 'experts' to take a peek at this thread.
                        Please don't panic, there is still time to get this set aside. Have a read up about the procedures for setting aside a SD whilst I find some more help xx

Comment

They said to me today that they were able to sub serve the statutory demand and that they have their witness statements ready.
                          Some poorly paid delivery boy (or most prob the post man) has managed to put it through your letter box - big wow, means nothing - just Go Debt trying to make it sound more serious/official than what it actually is.
                          They will not make you bankrupt, would cost them too much and you would have so many basic legal rights and protections etc...
                          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                          Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                          Please don't panic, there is still time to get this set aside. Have a read up about the procedures for setting aside a SD whilst I find some more help xx
                          What is there to get set aside when the court has no record of it?
                          Last edited by mr.ton; 25th October 2011, 18:15:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I completely agree
                            I know the OP wants to take a belt and braces approach but this is clearly an unfair ruse by GoDebt.

Comment

Its only because of my work that I have to take this as the most serious it can be if you kow what I mean!

I have a copy of the statutory demand here in pdf format (private details blanked out).
                              It says croydon county court which is who I called. There is a reference but the court didn't know it so I am presuming it is Go Debt's refernce for the debt.

The annoying part is that I have never said I don't owe money. I may disagree with the balance due to all the penalty interest charges and I offered an affordable amount which I have demonstrated through an income and expenditure form that it uses pretty much my last penny each month.

I have telephone logs they provided me via email, 5 pages of it and it makes very interesting reading!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X