• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Egg accounts owned by BArclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg accounts owned by BArclaycard

Originally posted by labman View Post
    It was not the Ltd account I was concerned about. I was wondering if they were able to use any of the B/Card balance to offset anything on the Egg card, as technically those are available funds.

Sorry, mis-understood.

As of yesterday, the B/C limit was reduced to nil, with no balance o/s so will let you know what ensues.

(I had read somewhere that the accounts acquired from Egg would, for the time being at least, be kept seperate from any existing B/C accounts.??)

Comment

Don't worry about the misunderstanding - they often happen on the forums and are only a problem where people take offence lol.

I was just a bit concerned. I know no more than you, but I'd hate to see you effectively £12000 more in debt due to set off.

Hopefully you're right and they can't do it, but I felt it safer to say just in case.:beagle:

Comment

I was just a bit concerned. I know no more than you, but I'd hate to see you effectively £12000 more in debt due to setoff:beagle:
        Just to clarify, the 12k was available credit limit before B/C reduced it to nil. Thankfully the debt to Egg is a whole lot less!

Comment

OK, next thing is to make sure that the balance on your B/Card has not increased to £12000 as I fear it might have.

This would be the set off I was trying to warn against.

I sincerely hope you don't find a massive balance on your B/Card and your Egg Card reduced by that balance - let us know!

Good luck!:beagle:

Comment

OK, next thing is to make sure that the balance on your B/Card has not increased to £12000 as I fear it might have.

:beagle:

Sorry, not with you.
            Why would there be a balance of £12k when the 'Egg' debt is nowhere near this amount & as already stated, I believe the Egg accounts were all transferred to new B/C accounts not added to existing. Have already done an automated check and balance is nil just as it should be albeit it now with a nil credit limit!
            Again we are assuming that the B/C account has been temporarily suspended due to them having purchased the bad Egg debt and opened another B/C to service this, which we have no record of.
            It would seem logical that if they have acquired the bad account from Egg then they would want to limit their exposure on the existing B/C - it would just have been nice if they had contacted OH to discuss the situation especially as we are constantly being offered all sorts of 'nice' things from Barclays as we are such good & valued customers!!! :tung:

OH is not able to contact them until the weekend when I'm sure all will be revealed.

Comment

This from Barclaycard website~

If an Egg credit card customer already has a Barclaycard, what will happen?
              They can continue to use their card as normal in accordance with the terms and conditions on the account. Accounts will be maintained separately for now, with the exception of the balance transfer process as they will not be able to transfer balances between both credit card accounts.

Comment

Excellent - sounds like all is in order!:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X