• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lifestyle claims.....Client connections???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifestyle claims.....Client connections???

Hi
    Well i last posted on here sometime last year when i stupidly got involved with client connections......long story short... i was within 14 days contract so was able to get a full refund although did take about 2mnths i think. I have now recieved a letter from Lifestyle claims stating that they, on my behalf (!), have recieved from my bank an offer of money for mis sold ppi...also some letters from Legal Redress!!!...how can this be when i had stopped my contract with them back last year!!!...also tonight i recieved a phone call from lifestyle saying i OWED them £10.something!!!.. i unfortunately got extremely cross with them told them to stop harassing me with letters etc and if they continue i will report them....they hung up.

My question is...should i ignore anymore contact with them, post etc, or should i email them aagin???
    Tags: None

Re: Lifestyle claims.....Client connections???

Hi Starbb

I remember that you were able to cancel and they returned all your money to your Barclaycard.

I also gave you the links for reclaiming your PPI, did you do anything about that?

It is a nonsense that they are calling you now for this £10, the contract is cancelled. It is finished so if they keep on hassling you there is a harrassment letter which you could send them. If you want it please let me know and I will search for it.

We are at the moment helping producers find suitable people to tell there story as regards to CMC's such as Life Style claims for a documentary which will run over 15 weeks on TV and they will be covering stories such as yours. If you would like to participate please Pm me with your contact details. It would help others who do not have access necessarilly to the computer. Your help would be appreciated.

Comment

If I was you, I would make an subject access request (SAR).

This of course, kind of defeats the object re: the £10. But at least you will be provided with the information that may enlighten you.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply, and no i didn't look into doing it myself , sorry but at the time i was just sooo relieved to have it stopped.

Also when i had the letter from Lifestyle there was also a letter from Barclays re the claims stating the offer is for...£28.76:lol:....The letter is dated 15th Sept 2011!! and enclosed with that is a schedule of charge document also dated 15th Sept, obviously am quite annoyed that they have continued with this, should i contact Barclays and let them know these guys are not acting on my behalf? thanks again x

Comment

Yes that would be a good idea.

Tell Barclays that you cancelled the contract and they returned the money to you.

Did you keep a copy of any evidence to this effect as you could send that to Barclays as proof.

Let me know about the TV documentary...
          Cheers

Originally posted by starbb View Post
          Thanks for your prompt reply, and no i didn't look into doing it myself , sorry but at the time i was just sooo relieved to have it stopped.

Also when i had the letter from Lifestyle there was also a letter from Barclays re the claims stating the offer is for...£28.76:lol:....The letter is dated 15th Sept 2011!! and enclosed with that is a schedule of charge document also dated 15th Sept, obviously am quite annoyed that they have continued with this, should i contact Barclays and let them know these guys are not acting on my behalf? thanks again x

Comment

Hi, Ive just been stung for £359.98 from life style claims.. yesterday 25th Nov'11
            what do i do to cancel? also, they never informed me of 14 day cooling off period. They we're very convincing as i have taken out 5 credit cards over the last 10 years + a small loan and they said i could get back over £10,000!
            Help please.. i dont normally fall for these scams by the way.
            Last edited by danchiba; 25th November 2011, 08:36:AM. Reason: wrong info

Comment

Originally posted by danchiba View Post
              Hi, Ive just been stung for £359.98 from life style claims.. yesterday 25th Nov'11
              what do i do to cancel? also, they never informed me of 14 day cooling off period. They we're very convincing as i have taken out 5 credit cards over the last 10 years + a small loan and they said i could get back over £10,000!
              Help please.. i dont normally fall for these scams by the way.

Hi there

I am not sure what the actual complaining procedures are as such when using a claims company, but think you can contact The claims management regulation through the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), see what they have to say about this, you may be able to complain through them where they may try sorting this out.

Details of Claims Management and who to contact to MOJ below.
              http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/i...tion/index.htm

http://www.justice.gov.uk/global/con...tion/index.htm

Also welcome to LB.

I would also post your own new thread on this, so hopefully you will then get your own individual help on this matter.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply.. i suppose they will be hammering their cold calls due to recent FSA ruling on ppi.
                thanks again.

Comment

According to their T&C's you must return the documents which they send to you within 14 days to be able to cancel and get your money back.

I would send this by Special Delivery (so that you get a signed receipt) and advise them that they never made you aware of the cooling off period and furthermore that if they do not return your money promptly you will make a complaint to the Ministry of Justice. You can also email them to say that you are cancelling and that you want the return of your money.

You can also phone your credit card provider the one which you paid for this service and advise them that you paid after you were cold called and that they did not advise you of the cooling off period. You have since decided that you do not want to continue and want your money returned to you. They may be able to help you in these circumstances.

Comment

Hi Tuttsi, Thanks for responding.. Ive already done some of the things that you have suggested,. i've emailed first thing this morning to cancel and phoned my credit card company. No reply from email as yet but credit card people said even though the payment has not been processed yet they cant refuse to release it as it has already been authorised.
                    If they dont contact me today i will do as you say and mention the Ministry of Justice in my next email. thanks again.
                    Dan

Comment

Please let us know how you get on.

Originally posted by danchiba View Post
                      Hi Tuttsi, Thanks for responding.. Ive already done some of the things that you have suggested,. i've emailed first thing this morning to cancel and phoned my credit card company. No reply from email as yet but credit card people said even though the payment has not been processed yet they cant refuse to release it as it has already been authorised.
                      If they dont contact me today i will do as you say and mention the Ministry of Justice in my next email. thanks again.
                      Dan

Comment

I was cold called by Life Style Claims in August 2012 and handed over £299 admin fee plus several £10 and £1 cheques in addition over £3000 for the priority services 20 months ago. However I would like to offer some faith to those of you who have fallen for the same mistake as me...

Please read on but first you may want to read my previous thread as it will give you some background of my bad experience with this company.

After 18.5 months - I was informed that none one of my agreements had PPI on them and that I was entitled to a full refund. I received a cheque letter which outlined the total refund due and I was asked to return it. Once they receive the letter they agree to pay you a refund within 1-30 working days (6 weeks).

Almost every day I hounded them to find out where my refund was but I was told it was the finance team who deal with refunds. I was unable to speak to anyone in this department and so another day passed...

On day 26 of 30 I finally received a full refund which I was delighted to get. It has been such a long drawn our battle with these people. They were very quick to take my money from me but extremely lame to pay it back. The most important thing is that they have refunded me and to be truthful I never thought I would see that money again.

I am very grateful for the advice this forum has given me. I wish I could thank a certain person (mentioning no names - you know who you are! for you genuine empathy and understanding of my situation) You really are a diamond and I thank you for all your time PM me over the last few weeks! x

You will get your money back from this company but it will take a minimum 6 weeks

Read more at: Lifestyle Claims - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS :cheer2::cheer2:

I think you are one very very brave lady and you deserve to have got back that money. They had no right to hang on to it once they knew there was NO claim, that is in their T&C's that the initial monies paid is refundable if there is no claim as yours was.

My main concern really is how long it took them to refund you hun, because if you had not hassled them you would probably never have got that money back.

Another problem I have not just with this company but all CMC's is that they do not keep you updated and that you have to fight just to get to speak with them.

Also, keeping you waiting 6 weeks for that refund is not right and this is one thing I will bring up at the next MOJ meeting scheduled very soon as I am sure the MOJ would want to know about this type of activity as it was bad enough that they never told you that you did not have a claim - that is appauling.

I hope that you will stay around and help others who come on to this forum seeking help and who need this type of advice.

ps just seen a typo you put Aug2012 should be Aug2010

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X