• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Work related stress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work related stress

Hi All

I really hope someone can help. A close friend off mine has recently had a lot of issues at work through no fault of their own (too long and complicated to explain here) she has followed all the correct procedures first talking to her manager (on many occasions) who was rather unhelpful and blase about everything and then finally after having enough she evolved HR formally but to no avail in fact things have now got a lot worse. She also said several times how much stress the whole thing was causing her.

The issues she has been having have been going on for about 2 years and now the stress is really beginning to affect her in a big way; not sleeping, mood swings at home, constant anxiety about her job.

I suggested she speaks to her GP about possibly taking some time out away from work but she is very concerned about loss of pay as she can not afford for that to happen she is also extremely concerned that the company may just terminate her contract. She feels at her age 45+ it would be very hard to find another job in this climate.

I guess my question is if she does deiced to speak with her GP and she does get signed off what are her rights concerning pay and future employment at the company?

I am very concerned as I really do not know how much more she can take the whole thing must have aged her 10 years in the last 6 weeks alone.

Thank you in advance!

X
    Tags: None

Re: Work related stress

There should be something in her contract of employment about sick pay. Does she have her contract of employment?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi

Yes she does but it say's to refer to the employee handbook which she has asked for over and over again and never received a copy, well a new copy a couple of years ago they made all staff sign a new contract regarding changes in the handbook but no one received the handbook until after they signed the contract and she along with a lot of other staff members never received it. Seriously you couldn't make this up!

I've never heard anything like it!

Her old contract states that it is at the companies discretion.

Comment

Is she in, or could she join a union?

Comment

No she is not part of a union and works in the office so not sure whether or she can join one.

Comment

ACAS http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461

Unions http://www.tuc.org.uk/tuc/unions_main.cfm

Both give a wealth of information.

I would also suggest that medical assistance is very important, both from present health factors, & possible future developments re employers. The empoyer should, when the problem is brought to their 'official' attention, refer to Occupational Health.
            Also, see the info re Grievance on the ACAS link
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X