• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Severn Trent Trust Fund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn Trent Trust Fund

This seemed to be the best place to put this, if it isn't, would a team member move it the appropriate place.

About 2 years ago I was told about the Severn Trent Trust fund.
    Severn Trent Trust Fund is an independent grant making trust first set up in 1997.
    People unable to meet the cost of water charges and who live in the Severn Trent Area can apply for help.

We owed approx £800 in water charges over 3 different properties. These bills where not intentionally unpaid, we have been very foolish with money, couple that with debt, depression and repossession, it all adds up.

After a very short strict payment plan, paying 14 payments @ £4 per week, Severn Trent Trust Fund would clear the outstanding balance and bring us up to date.

There is a strict criteria to obtain the help.

I believe other water companies offer a similar fund. Below is the link for the Severn Trent Trust Fund. I have also added links to other water boards trust fund sites.

I just hope people don't suffer in silence like we did. There is help available.

http://www.sttf.org.uk/ Severn Trent
    http://www.awtf.org.uk/ Anglian Water
    http://www.eosfoundation.org.uk/ EOS Foundation

Below is also a link for the contacts details, including web addy's for ALL the water and sewerage companies in the UK.

http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/aptrix/ofwat...dresstelephone

Re: Severn Trent Trust Fund

Yorkshire Water have a similar trust in place

I believe you have to be able to show that you are in receupt of benefits and already in arrears with priority debt

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
      Yorkshire Water have a similar trust in place

I believe you have to be able to show that you are in receupt of benefits and already in arrears with priority debt

Don't know with Yorkshire but priority debt maybe one criteria but we were not in receipt of any state benefits when we applied to ST.

So maybe criteria differs between Trust Funds

Comment

Hiya,

You don't have to be on benefits to apply to any waterboard trustfunds and they all have these in place and have done for many years but they for obvious reasons don't shout from the rooftops about it, but you do have to prove 'in depth' that you are in severe financial difficulties, preferebly via a debt councilor or alike and it can be a lengthy proccess.

We had a £900.00 debt written off by Anglia waterboard trustfunds back in the early 1990's and I still have my original paperwork somewhere if it would be of any help to anyone of the procedure/route to go down

Ps, and I think there is a rulling that you can only apply for this 'I think' it's 'once only' under any circumstances throughout being a customer of their's.
        Last edited by Maxie Girl; 15th November 2007, 12:57:PM.

Comment

Applications Received: 76,799
          Number of households helped with grants: c.50,021
          Total Donations received since 1997: £30.3 million
          Grants paid or designated:
          • Individuals and Families £23.9 million
          • To support Money & Debt Advice £2.8 million

Just a bump really
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

http://www.sttf.org.uk/files/STTF%20...Oct%202009.pdf

Offline application form (ie you have to be able to print it out and post it ) or you can call them 0121 355 7766

THE TRUST CAN HELP YOU WITH THE FOLLOWING:
            • Severn Trent Trust Fund can consider making a grant to meet water and/or sewerage charges due to Severn Trent Water if you are in hardship and unable to pay
            • The Trust can also help with water or sewerage charges which are collected by other companies or organisations on behalf of Severn Trent Water
            • In certain cases, the Trust can also consider giving some help to meet other essential bills, household needs or priority debts

CCWater uses the recognised Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) definition of households living in water poverty if they spend more than 3% of their disposable income on their water and sewerage bills.
            Last edited by Amethyst; 17th December 2009, 10:15:AM.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X