• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nannieali - Son`s Access Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nannieali - Son`s Access Thread

Hang in there mummiex it will get sorted and you will get amazing advice on here

kisses hugs
    me

Comment

thanks sweetie xxx

Comment

Have a read here Ali

Relationship breakdown and your children : Directgov - Parents
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

up date
          mother now says any money he owes must be paid by thursday or he is never to contact her or any of the family again?? can she stop us seeing him!!! says he threaening her by tx but he not it other way round. she has another child of 18 months by another guy and is pregnant by him again. at end of my tether and so worried we wont see him. they live in same town. mediation?? she got to agree to go yes? so what else can we do. son in financial mess with debts to companies etc due to job loses and bad judgements so has no money to pay to take her to court? HELP

Comment

Make sure he keeps those texts because they are evidence even in defence of anything she tries to throw at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattie View Post
              Make sure he keeps those texts because they are evidence even in defence of anything she tries to throw at him.
              It's important he gathers as much evidence as he can, even if its not to use now, at some point it will come in useful. If he can record any phone calls, do it. He doesn't need to tell her he is recording and it's all allowed in a family court.

My brother is doing the same thing, different circumstances but gathering evidence all the same.

I'm not sure whether mediation would work as she would have to agree to go and she could terminate at any time. I believe it would be free if your son is on benefits i.e job seekers allowance.

Comment

Hi Ali,

As long as he poses no threat to his son (yes I know he wouldn`t in a million years ) then he is entitled to regular access to him.

Has he mentioned mediation to her at all, if so and she is refusing then I`m afraid court may be the only option .

As phoenix says , this would be at little or no cost if he is out of work or on benefits . I suggest he goes to the local courts and has an informal chat with one of the clerks , they are usually very friendly and informative . He does need to start keeping a record of any payments , contact , texts , phonecalls(even if it is just on paper saying `called 01/01/08 @ 1.00pm to ask for access this week- denied) . It will give the courts a better picture of her behaviour and his willingness to see his son.

As for his debts , have you sought any help on here for him , maybe we can help him . Have a talk with Scarlet when you see her , she can give you/him some good advice regarding his debts.

Keep us informed , hope it works out OK , I know how he is feeling as it happened to me briefly around 11 years ago. My ex-wife `persuaded` my 9 year old son he didnt need to see me . He turned 20 earlier this week and is now at University ,we are more like best friends than father and son , I`m very proud of him .
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

From my own expeirence i would say your son needs legal advice/support sooner rather than later.

My ex refused me access to my son after he was born, change the rules regulalry and tried to say who i could and couldnt introduce my son to.

At court the order gave me regaulr access and also imposed payments on me too which is fine. 8 years later on i see my son regualrly, we ring and talk twice a week usually and he spends a weekend with us once a month too.

I doubt that any of this (apart from the payments) would have happend if it had been left to my ex.

I am not sure what legal force arbitration has in this context, if it will result in a fomral legal order then go for it. in this case it may be that your son needs the clout of a court order.

whatever happens and whatever way he goes i would support the view that the payments he is making are somehow recorded so he is not caught down the line because she says he isnt paying.

Out of curioisity is she claiming benifits? If she is then i would be really surprised if the CSa (or whatever theyre called now0 were not involved? The point of this is that if they are involved they willl make certain if they can that the father pays up his share so maybe there is some form of record there which he could rely on if it comes to it.

JMHO

Glenn

Comment

On the payment front, maybe it would be wise to set up a standing order to her account to keep a log of all the payments, then you can show from your statements that she has been given the money regulary and for the same amount.

Better than argueing over cash handovers IMO

Just an idea

Comment

Reminds me PK , I paid by cheque.

Comment

latest - she now txing me asking if i will bring all clothes and toys she has bought that at my house down to hers? we said no so she said she will get them back and she will! come to ours for them!
                        she wont agree now to mediation so what next step courts. how! he is working but owes lots which he pays off each week. so money is tight. how expensive cant help as help so much in past. should he still pay or not while she has said he and us wont ever see him again.
                        x appreciate support

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
                          On the payment front, maybe it would be wise to set up a standing order to her account to keep a log of all the payments, then you can show from your statements that she has been given the money regulary and for the same amount.

Better than argueing over cash handovers IMO

Just an idea
                          Very good idea PK - when me and my ex first split up, he used to pay me cash and I used to sign a receipt book just to say I'd had it [my idea by the way, just so that he knew for certain I'd never turn round and say I hadn't had it]. Now I have it paid straight into my bank account - easier for both of us.

Unfortunately I can't offer any advice ali, as I've been really lucky and me and my ex have sorted everything ourselves amicably. I really do feel for your son, and you of course, as I know how much it must hurt.

PJ xx

Comment

do grand parents have rights do they or can they go to court to get access??
                            she now asking me to take all clothes and toys she bought that at ours down to her house????? first she has spoken to us or rather tx. no explanation y or nothing. son will have to go to court how?? how much as he in debt and paying companies back each month. he is working.
                            in turmoil and at end of tether

Comment

Childrens Rights, Fathers Rights, Mothers Rights, Grandparents rights

I don't know if there is anything in there nan that can help, I do know you have rights just not sure about the legal bit. Enaid x

Comment

I've just had a look on the tinternet, and unfortunately it doesn't look too good for grandparents having any rights. This is just one thing I found http://www.pressbox.co.uk/detailed/L...hts_52808.html

It seems that the best bet is through your son having access - sorry hun

p.s. just had a quick look at that site Di, and it seems to be a US site so not sure if any legal bits would have any bearing here in the UK x
                                Last edited by PJ69; 9th January 2008, 22:03:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X