• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells/Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells/Barclaycard

and as if by magic "30%" off letter arrived today from Red, you really couldn't make this up! Its been past to Hamptons i don't reply within 10 days...

Comment

Hamptons are Lowells, just the next desk along - why they like to play this silly game of pass the parcel is a mystery - they seem to think people are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.ton View Post
        Hamptons are Lowells, just the next desk along - why they like to play this silly game of pass the parcel is a mystery - they seem to think people are stupid.
        And also that nobody knows rhyming slang - link msl:

Comment

well I'm getting a little bored of not replying to them and letters comeing, think i might fire over a CCA Request and include a copy of the Barclays reply to my SAR Request some years back;

http://i26.tinypic.com/v2ryb9.jpg

i would hope that this would give them a nice clear hint that i know they don't have a CCA on this account.

Does anyone have a template on a CCA request?

thanks

Comment

I have now graduated to Hampton Legal, who's favoured word at the moment appears to be 'may' seconded with 'CCJ' we shall see about that! lol

Comment

For any following or in similar situation received a letter offering 50% off the total balance couple of days back. All correspondences have so far been filed and ignored.

Comment

Its the norm it seems to start offering discounts when they know they cant enforce legal action.
                Im going through the same with Capquest who may start legal proceedings but are willing to offer a 50% discount

Comment

Ask them would they be prepared to accept monopoly money as payment and then you'll consider the matter sorted....
                  Last edited by mr.ton; 12th January 2012, 15:16:PM.

Comment

I cant give them Monopoly money its the only cash I have at present but they may be stupid enough to take it

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
                      I cant give them Monopoly money its the only cash I have at present but they may be stupid enough to take it
                      Send them an "I owe you...Not" note instead then.
                      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Or pay them in home-made 9/- notes?

Comment

Can anyone please advise me on this situation please.

This thread is about a Barclays Credit Card account that was sold to Lowells.

However i have another Credit Card Account with Barclaycard, that if i'm honest had totally forget about till today.

Out of the blue i have received a statement on this account and from the 2.5K limit I'm £1.05 in credit!

Now its says by the side;

IMPORTANT MESSAGE, YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED"
                          Please be aware we've temporarily suspended the use of this account because of the position of your other account.
                          Please contact Customer Services to discuss the situation further.

and i presume it has said this since my last other account (which this thread is about) went into arrears whilst in dispute.

Can anyone please advise how to proceed with this? I would obviously either like the card to be reinstated (seeing as the other account was sold to Lowells and is no longer with Barclaycard) or close it.

Comment

I'm not fully understanding this bit:

Out of the blue i have received a statement on this account and from the 2.5K limit I'm £1.05 in credit!

If you can clarify that bit I might be able to offer an opinion!
                            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                              I'm not fully understanding this bit:

If you can clarify that bit I might be able to offer an opinion!
                              Sorry. I orgionally had two Barclaycard Cards with Barclays. Different accounts with different cards.

One was in dispute (which this thread is about) and the other i had forgotten about over recent times.

"out of the blue" i received a statement on this account (that i previously had forgotten i had) saying i'am £1.05 in CR (they had previously not sent me a statement for well over at least 6 months) but it says on the statement;

IMPORTANT MESSAGE, YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED"
                              Please be aware we've temporarily suspended the use of this account because of the position of your other account.
                              Please contact Customer Services to discuss the situation further.

However this is now the only account i hold with Barclay's as the other was sold to Lowells whilst in dispute (IMO) and was the bases of me starting this thread originally.

Thanks

Comment

OK, so they haven't added anything to that account and the balance is as you expected it to be?

BUT they have suspended the account due to 'your conduct' on the other account.

I am not entirely surprised by this, the question now is, do you even wish to give Sharklaycard any more of your business now?

They will probably keep the account suspended whilst the other dispute rumbles on.

It would probably be better to close the account and find a better credit card provider if you can.
                                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X